PDA

View Full Version : Aimpoint COMP ML3 2 MOA Question

panzerr
04-09-07, 14:10
I’ve used Aimpoint’s 4 MOA COMP M2 (m68) extensively on my M4 and will soon be purchasing one for my personal LMT carbine. The m68 has proven to me that it is a reliable optic that can hold a zero even after months of abuse. I’m sold on Aimpoint.

My only question is: should I get the 2 MOA version? I’ve never actually seen one before so I’ve got nothing to go on. I would just buy a 4 MOA if it weren’t for the fact that I sometimes find myself adjusting the brightness on my m68 to get a finer red dot in order to make precise shots. My only concern about the 2 MOA Aimpoint is red dot brightness –will it produce a red dot that is intense enough to see in bright conditions? If so, at what brightness setting (all the way to the right, right all, then two clicks back or what?)? Any input would be appreciated.

David Thomas
04-09-07, 15:25
I have never had to turn my 2 MOA aimpoint up to the brightest setting. Even on the brightest days the 2 MOA dot is very bright and plenty easy to see.

I think the 2 moa versus the 4 moa question has been debated on here before, so you may want to do a search.

panzerr
04-12-07, 13:23
Great, that's exactly what I needed to know. Thanks, Dave.

Wayne Dobbs
04-12-07, 15:10
I had the same questions several months back and bought the 2 MOA unit. It is EASY to see and fine enough to make shots on small and distant targets. I definitely feel the 2 MOA is the way to go. You will love your ML3.

M4Warrior
04-14-07, 04:38
I have both 4MOA and 2MOA. I prefer the 2 MOA and it is just as easy to see under most conditions. Works better with 3X Mag, also.

M4W

David Thomas
04-14-07, 06:30
I had the same questions several months back and bought the 2 MOA unit. It is EASY to see and fine enough to make shots on small and distant targets. I definitely feel the 2 MOA is the way to go. You will love your ML3.

here is the link to Wayne's thread (I hope this works):

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=1024&highlight=Aimpoint

PalmerB
04-14-07, 10:11
My friends with Aimpoints and I all prefer the 2moa dot. Plenty bright, even in sun-ville. When I want a really precise shot I turn the dot down to where I barely see it over the target.

With the extended battery holder or a Larue mount you have the ability for an extra battery for another 50,000 hours of run time.

CarlosDJackal
04-17-07, 22:47

I bought my 2MOA ML3 when I purchased the Aimpoint 3x magnifier. The two works great together.