PDA

View Full Version : TWO QUICK QUESTIONS

newguy
02-16-10, 22:05
(1) Does a new BCM bolt come with the same spring, insert and o-ring as the upgrade kit?

(2) If gun is working fine with regular four coil spring and blue insert should I just use the heavy duty spring with black insert or should I use o-ring also?

SWATcop556
02-17-10, 00:12
1.) Yes it's the same.

2.) Depends on what rifle it is in. If it is less than a rifle length gas system then you need the black insert. I only use the O-ring in my SBRs. I just use the black insert and 5coil spring without the O-ring in my midlengths.

newguy
02-17-10, 07:56
Thanks SWATcop1911

I have a 16 in barrel with carbine gas sys so I should be fine with just the 5 coil and black insert right.

Belmont31R
02-17-10, 08:42
The O ring is more for SBR's than anything.

The black insert is for less than rifle length barrels.

Has to do with the gas system, and dwell time. The rifle length barrels operate "slower" so you don't need the same extraction power as a carbine, and thus the blue insert. Carbines work harsher, and quicker so its a different extractor setup. SBR's are even worse so you put the O ring in there.

Its not life or death or anything but thats the general setup. I know Noveske and LaRue both come with blue inserts in their BCG's so I'm sure a blue insert will still work fine.

SWATcop556
02-17-10, 11:01
Thanks SWATcop1911

I have a 16 in barrel with carbine gas sys so I should be fine with just the 5 coil and black insert right.

Yes that setup should work fine for you.

newguy
02-18-10, 22:27
Yes that setup should work fine for you.

Thanks for your help & time onthis subject