PDA

View Full Version : One more reason I love living in Utah

MichaelD
02-17-10, 19:10
It appears Utah has earned a perfect score from the Brady Bunch... 0 out of 100 points:

http://www.bradycampaign.org/stategunlaws/scorecard/UT/

http://www.bradycampaign.org/xshare/images/scorecard-grades/UT-scorecard240.gif

MarshallDodge
02-17-10, 19:43
A couple years ago we had a few points but I guessed we fixed that now didn't we. ;)

The Brady Gun score is like a golf score, the lower the better. :D

gogetal3
02-17-10, 19:56
http://www.bradycampaign.org/stategunlaws/scorecard/FL

congrats on your perfect score. We here in FL are close to that 6/100. That'll do donkey, that'll do.

ivanhedrick
02-17-10, 19:59
Good job Utah. I need to see what we can do to get louisiana's two points off the scoreboard so we can get a perfect score too.

11Bravo
02-17-10, 20:04
Kind of surprised that Iowa only has 14.

What I still really don't get is how can those shitheads not see that for the most part the places with the "best" scores are the places with the highest crime.
I mean really, how can people be that ****ing blind?
That's just flat out having your head so far up your ass you have shit in your armpits.

RancidSumo
02-17-10, 20:05
Damn, I am moving from a state with 10 points to one with 15 points. I hope both those numbers come down in the near future.

Bulldog1967
02-17-10, 20:23
Impressive!

SeriousStudent
02-17-10, 20:48
NINE!?!?

Texas has NINE freaking points?

We execute people down here. We have electric freaking bleachers, for crying out loud! (50 seats - no waiting)

Dammit, I want a negative score! Register to vote, get a pistol. Qualify for a home loan, get a rifle.

This is just not fair! :mad:

loupav
02-17-10, 20:59
If Texas has 9 points, how many does California have?
:(

Oscar 319
02-17-10, 21:01
We execute people down here. We have electric freaking bleachers, for crying out loud! (50 seats - no waiting)

Utah still has the Firing Squad. :cool:

MichaelD
02-17-10, 21:02
If Texas has 9 points, how many does California have?
:(

Quite a few:

http://www.bradycampaign.org/xshare/images/scorecard-grades/CA-scorecard240.gif

LOKNLOD
02-17-10, 21:02
2 points for OK.

SeriousStudent
02-17-10, 21:27

That must be it! All that crap about college carry, and employer rules was just whitewash. ;)

Oscar 319
02-17-10, 21:41
That must be it! All that crap about college carry, and employer rules was just whitewash. ;)

Touche. Please disregard the hippies. :p

Buckaroo
02-17-10, 21:56
Damn, You got us beat!

Indiana Scorecard
6 out of 100 points

Buckaroo

cfrazier
02-17-10, 22:14
4 pts for West Virginia.

xfyrfiter
02-17-10, 22:18
Utah 0, Arizona 2, New Mexico 4, Colorado 14? Damn kalifornia tree huggers.

MichaelD
02-17-10, 22:24
Damn, You got us beat!

Indiana Scorecard
6 out of 100 points

Buckaroo

Actually, according to the Brady Bunch site, we got everyone beat; Utah is the only 0 score in the Union.

Quite a few 2's, though... AK, AZ, ID, KY, LA, and OK.

chadbag
02-17-10, 23:20

Didn't they get rid of it a couple years ago? There was talk of it at least on the news. Utah only has a 45 day legislative period so lots happens for 45 days and then we are safe again.

Not as good as Montana's every other year legislative period.

I think we should give Congress a 10 day period every year.

cobb
02-18-10, 00:32
Ohio could get 2 points deducted with a lawsuit maintaining that a vehicle is private property in a public access parking lot. Oklahoma had a similar suit several years ago supporting employees right to have a weapon in a locked vehicle. Oh well, hope I don't have to find out personally.

Gramps
02-18-10, 00:39
MT scored 4 points total. 2 points twice.

TheGreenRanger24
02-18-10, 03:01
TN has 8. Ha ha, we're lower than TX. :p

Oscar 319
02-18-10, 05:46
Didn't they get rid of it a couple years ago? There was talk of it at least on the news. Utah only has a 45 day legislative period so lots happens for 45 days and then we are safe again.

Not as good as Montana's every other year legislative period.

I think we should give Congress a 10 day period every year.

I can't remember the specifics; what it boils down to is that the existing Death Row inmates still have the Firing Squad option. It will no longer be an option for future death sentences.

DragonDoc
02-18-10, 06:18
It appears Utah has earned a perfect score from the Brady Bunch... 0 out of 100 points:

http://www.bradycampaign.org/stategunlaws/scorecard/UT/

http://www.bradycampaign.org/xshare/images/scorecard-grades/UT-scorecard240.gif

Be glad that you don't live in NJ or CA. CA is #1 and NJ is the #2 oppressor of our rights. NJ may change once they figure out that they are killing the firearms industry in their state with the one handgun a month law with no exceptions for dealers.

HES
02-18-10, 07:38
http://www.bradycampaign.org/stategunlaws/scorecard/FL

congrats on your perfect score. We here in FL are close to that 6/100. That'll do donkey, that'll do.
I guess you're right. I'd like to whittle that down to 3 possible; Getting rid of the ban on campus carry and put full and total preemption in place.

ForTehNguyen
02-18-10, 08:24
NINE!?!?

Dammit, I want a negative score! Register to vote, get a pistol. Qualify for a home loan, get a rifle.

sucks that we dont have open carry or conceal on campus

5 points: Child Access Prevention Ages 16/17 and under
2 points: Employers not forced to allow firearms on premises
2 points: Colleges are not forced to allow firearms on campus

Gramps
02-18-10, 08:39
Be glad that you don't live in NJ or CA. CA is #1 and NJ is the #2 oppressor of our rights. NJ may change once they figure out that they are killing the firearms industry in their state with the one handgun a month law with no exceptions for dealers.

Does that mean a dealer can only get in one handgun a month to sell? I guess that would be another way of putting all dealers out of business.
WOW Thats absurd, if thats what it means.

Alex V
02-18-10, 09:05

73/100 over here in NJ... man, this is EPIC FAIL!

Nothing we can do either...

I was on the way to a construction meeting with a co-worker yesterday. We were were listening to the radio and they were talking about NJ politics. A caller mentioned assembly bill 1384 which is up in some committee right now. The bill would turn NJ into a "will issue" type state for CCW. My coworker, who is by no means a liberal, said "I don't know if this is a good idea, everyone will be carrying guns and people will get hurt because some are careless"

Its simply the freakin' culture here, most are ignorant to reality of owning a firearm and because of this those of us who live in NJ and love our rights will always get F'ed in the A

ForTehNguyen
02-18-10, 09:10
73/100 over here in NJ... man, this is EPIC FAIL!

Nothing we can do either...

I was on the way to a construction meeting with a co-worker yesterday. We were were listening to the radio and they were talking about NJ politics. A caller mentioned assembly bill 1384 which is up in some committee right now. The bill would turn NJ into a "will issue" type state for CCW. My coworker, who is by no means a liberal, said "I don't know if this is a good idea, everyone will be carrying guns and people will get hurt because some are careless"

Its simply the freakin' culture here, most are ignorant to reality of owning a firearm and because of this those of us who live in NJ and love our rights will always get F'ed in the A

just tell him over 40 other states have already been doing this for 20 years+ wheres the shootouts at the OK Corral?

dbrowne1
02-18-10, 09:16
I can't believe Virginia has 17 points given how much crap we take about supposedly supplying the whole East Coast with evil baby-killing death machines.

Given what's been going on in our state legislature this term, however, I think we'll shave that down at least a few points.:D

PPGMD
02-18-10, 09:30
NINE!?!?

Texas was on the way to 7 points, but it got held up by the Voting ID act. Hopefully that get fixed in the next session, maybe with College carry added in for a bonus.

four
02-18-10, 09:37
I can't believe Virginia has 17 points given how much crap we take about supposedly supplying the whole East Coast with evil baby-killing death machines.

Given what's been going on in our state legislature this term, however, I think we'll shave that down at least a few points.:D

think they're going to fix some of that this year. the restaurant ban repeal has made it through committee. be nice to see if this gov signs it.

last guy kept stepping on his own crank ever time a gun bill came up.

A-Bear680
02-18-10, 10:44
just tell him over 40 other states have already been doing this for 20 years+ wheres the shootouts at the OK Corral?
+1.
Non-gun people have been at the mercy of the media for a long time. Many of them are very easy to flip over to our side.

arizonaranchman
02-18-10, 10:53
Screw the Brady group. A bunch of communist morons.

Alex V
02-18-10, 11:04

Exactly right. I tried to explain it. I know he has been to NC recently, and when I asked him if he was afraid he said "no" then when I told him NC allows CCW he had nothing to say.

+1.
Non-gun people have been at the mercy of the media for a long time. Many of them are very easy to flip over to our side.

Its easy enough. But even my own mother, who owns a firearm and goes tot he range with me all the time sais "what the hell do you need a CCW for?"

Anyone know of Architectural firms hiring in Texas? lol

dbrowne1
02-18-10, 11:14
think they're going to fix some of that this year. the restaurant ban repeal has made it through committee. be nice to see if this gov signs it.

last guy kept stepping on his own crank ever time a gun bill came up.

I think the restaurant bill is all but a done deal. The only thing that stopped it last year was Tim Kaine's veto, and the new governor has already said he'll sign it.

What was surprising to me was the large number of other gun bills that made it out of committee with favorable votes - like repeal of the 1 handgun a month law. I don't care that much about that law, personally, but it shows the general direction we've come in politically. A good direction.

GermanSynergy
02-18-10, 11:48
Maryland ranks #5, with 52 out of 100 points.... :rolleyes:

orionz06
02-18-10, 11:57
We have 25 pts in PA, but what troubles me is their concern with PA's CCW. They still perform a background check of some sort. I overheard one in Allegheny County, and it sounds like the same system for the 4473 form.

SeriousStudent
02-18-10, 20:19
Texas was on the way to 7 points, but it got held up by the Voting ID act. Hopefully that get fixed in the next session, maybe with College carry added in for a bonus.

Indeed.

I used to be an adjunct professor at a local college in Dallas. The administration was quite insistant that nobody carry a firearm in their car, person, backpack, lunch bag, space suit, or whatever.

The funny thing was, several of the local campus police were good friends and very nice people. Multiple times, they asked me if I exercised my CHL rights walking across campus late at night. (This school is not in the garden spot of the community)

"Conceal it until you are forced to use it" is the exact quote they both used.

I do hope that passes. I was perfectly willing to lose the moonlighting gig teaching school over carrying a concealed pistol. But I have two friends that still teach there. One is a widowed mom with two boys. I would love for her to be able to carry, and will buy her a pistol when she passes her CHL training.

DeputyMend
02-18-10, 20:26
Oh yeah! Utah for the win!

Buckaroo
02-19-10, 10:06
Indeed.

I used to be an adjunct professor at a local college in Dallas. The administration was quite insistant that nobody carry a firearm in their car, person, backpack, lunch bag, space suit, or whatever.

The funny thing was, several of the local campus police were good friends and very nice people. Multiple times, they asked me if I exercised my CHL rights walking across campus late at night. (This school is not in the garden spot of the community)

"Conceal it until you are forced to use it" is the exact quote they both used.

I do hope that passes. I was perfectly willing to lose the moonlighting gig teaching school over carrying a concealed pistol. But I have two friends that still teach there. One is a widowed mom with two boys. I would love for her to be able to carry, and will buy her a pistol when she passes her CHL training.

Kudos to you for looking out for your friend and her family!

I have a daughter who attends a school in a less desirable area and I sure wish she could carry.

Buckaroo

jproctor
02-20-10, 00:54
NC has 19 points...I'm surprised.

I hate when I have to visit family up north, it's such a hassle to research all their carry laws up there. I usually just keep it in the suitcase.