PDA

View Full Version : HELP 911

newguy
02-18-10, 00:17
Just got new chrome plated MPI HPT BOLT put the 5 coil spring black insert and
o-ring that came with upgrade kit and it holds bullet so tight it wont eject.

You really have to let the bolt slam hard to get it to close when loading single shot I think its hard for extractor to go over the rim of case.

What can I do?

I havent shot it yet but working the charging handle to empty the chamber is
just not happening.

Is this normal or what should I do to correct problem

02-18-10, 00:23
Are you loading the single round with a mag or dropping it in the chamber? I've never had a problem loading it through the mag. I am also running the BCM extractor upgrade kit (spring AND o-ring). I let the buffer spring do all the work and never "force" anything in with hand strength.
Ejecting is the same way. A good yank on the charging handle always extracts my rounds.

ETA: Could it be the chrome plating changing the tolerances of the bolt face and extractor??

Stickman
02-18-10, 00:36
Just got new chrome plated MPI HPT BOLT

Who made the bolt?

Who made the barrel?

newguy
02-18-10, 00:49
This bolt and upgrade kit is from SPIKES TACTICAL it worked fine with reg spring black insert and o-ring.

Problem started when I put there upgrade kit in bolt it took Me and my Dad 30 minuts to get extractor pin back in it was so tight.

I just took o-ring out now just using black insert and 5 coil sp and it is working I will shoot it tomorrow.

I wonder if this is the same kit BCM sells.

Its scratching the rim of case pretty good where the extracter is.

02-18-10, 01:05
If it's the same kit, you don't really need the o-ring as the spring is pretty beefy.

newguy
02-18-10, 01:10
Do you think to much spring presure was the problem ?

Have you heard of this happening before to anyone else ?

arizonaranchman
02-18-10, 08:17
NewGuy,

"Do you think to much spring presure was the problem ?

Have you heard of this happening before to anyone else ?"

YES!

You don't need the O-ring. The heavy duty spring and black insert will be all you need.

Artiz
02-18-10, 10:41
How many of those o-ring problems have we heard about here in the last few weeks? Everyday someone using the o-ring with the already stronger spring is having problems and posts it here... :rolleyes:

02-18-10, 12:48
I ran my new bolt (JP EnhancedBolt) this morning at the range with the entire BCM kit installed and did NOT run into any problems. All my rounds fed and ejected 100%.
I used Wolf Mil Classic, Brown Bear, Fed, Rem, PRVI, and PMC. Flawless.

newguy
02-18-10, 22:23
NewGuy,

"Do you think to much spring presure was the problem ?

Have you heard of this happening before to anyone else ?"

YES!

You don't need the O-ring. The heavy duty spring and black insert will be all you need.

O-ring was the problem.

I am intrested in getting the stronger ejector spring someone was telling me about thismorning