PDA

View Full Version : Whats it Worth? Colt 9mm AR

citizensoldier16
02-18-10, 16:01
First off, let me start by saying that I've already done my Google-fu, checked Gunbroker and AuctionArms in regards to this.

My dad has a Colt 9mm AR that he's looking to sell, and he needs to know the value on it. Here are the specs:

- Preban Colt AR in 9mm
- Green label
- No box
- has bayo lug
- collapsible stock
- 1 or 2 factory magazines
- Excellent to like-new condition

Does anyone know the approximate value for this AR? Any help would be greatly appreciated since my efforts at searching came up pretty much empty. Only number I'm coming up with is between $2500 and $2999. Thanks in advance.

citizensoldier16
02-19-10, 20:28
Anybody? Anybody? Bueller?

scottryan
02-19-10, 21:04
This has a slabside large pivot hole lower and to serious people this is not desirable.

It is also not desirable to any collector because it has no box.

I would say $1200 to $1500

SkiDevil
02-19-10, 23:09
Although I am certainly not as in tuned to the Colts as Scotty Ryan.

I saw some similar Original Colt 9mm ARs at a Las Vegas NV gunshow selling for around $1200-1700 dollars. They all appeared to be new and unfired and included a factory original box. Also, they were of the Sporter configuration.

That was around 1 year ago, the prices have surely changed.

I was checking the prices at the time because a buddy of mine was looking to sell one.

SkiDevil

hickuleas
02-19-10, 23:22
I also have an interest in this as well. I have a blue lable NIB peban and when i have inquired on value was told the best price will be to individuals who live in restricted states. With some gun prices on the decline i will just hold onto mine. Good Luck.

CAVDOC
02-25-10, 13:28
in states like NY where I live:( per-ban brings a premium since you can't get a tele stock or other evil features on a current production gun. in other areas where such restrictions do not exist, I don't imagine it would be worth more than a little more than current production colts

SteyrAUG
02-25-10, 14:41
A NIB Colt 6450 can be had for about $1250-1400.

So to a person looking for a 9mm Colt it won't be worth any more than a used one of those. To a collector specifically looking for a green label it will be worth what that collector might be willing to pay.