PDA

View Full Version : Oakley LSA - Land, Sea, Air Boot

Mung
02-18-10, 16:28

Irish
02-18-10, 17:09
Those look pretty slick. I checked the website as well and still the same old stuff. Maybe drop an e-mail to their support staff? They're usually pretty quick replying to my requests in the past.

02-23-10, 06:44
These look comfy. I just hope they last longer than the SI Assault boots. I go through a pair in about 6 months time. :rolleyes: With that said, the Oakley boots are comfy as hell and are light. Happy feet = nice officer. :p

GreyOps
02-23-10, 07:48
Webpage says available late summer 2010.

Mung
02-23-10, 11:36
Webpage says available late summer 2010.

haha. I just realized that yesterday. Forgive me, I'm a little slow. :)

GreyOps
02-23-10, 12:44
No problem, glad I could help ;)

YutYut
02-23-10, 15:18
Received this the other day from Oakley SI.

Sir,
Currently , we will not be adding this item to our website. If and when we do , as a registered member you will be notified.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you
Ashwini Kandukuri
Oakley Government Sales
(1800-525-4334 X 3122
www.usstandardissue.com

Iraq Ninja
02-23-10, 19:13
Multicam on a boot, especially the little amount on this one, is next to useless. But it does look good.

Not sure what kind of Team you are on, but Oakley boots are not the tier one, highly sought after boots they once were. I mostly buy OTB boots these days.

M4Fundi
02-24-10, 02:52
IN can you tell us which OTB boot you use and some more info on it? Do they tend to run wide?

Iraq Ninja
02-24-10, 03:52
My first pair was the Odhin. Even though it was made for wet ops, it worked very well in the desert. You can feel the air flow thru it as you walk. No problems with dust getting in either.

Next, I picked up a pair of their SAR boots. Very similar to the Odhin, but a bit thinner. Air flow was not as good as the Odhin, but still very comfortable. The nylon mesh on the top of the boot, near the toes started to wear out after about eight months of hard use. Still very servicable though.

I won a free pair from OTB for a photo of my SAR boots "in action" and picked the Thor as my next set. Very good boot with a stiff sole. Very good on rocky ground when you need ankle support.

I have not tried their lightweight jungle boots, but heard many good things about them.

OTB's niche is footwear and they do a good job at it. Military Moron's site has a lot more information about their products.

jtb0311
02-24-10, 05:12
IN can you tell us which OTB boot you use and some more info on it? Do they tend to run wide?

I've become enamored with the OTB Thor boots. They're on their 2nd trip overseas and they're fantastic. I also put green superfeet insoles in them - I do that with all my boots now.

mildot
02-24-10, 07:06
IN, any comments/opinions on there land tactical boots (ie) Ferdelance?

Iraq Ninja
02-24-10, 10:32
I never seen em, so it is hard to tell.

There are so many good boots out there now, and these new Oakleys may be good too.

My current work boots are actually camo Czech desert boots. They cost $20...

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d127/Iraqninja/Misc/boots1.jpg

Ak44
02-24-10, 10:34
Iraq Ninja, sorry to jump off topic but the barcode on your magwell...is that for armory purposes ie checking in and out weapons?

Iraq Ninja
02-24-10, 10:42
That is what we call the GP tag... Government Property label that goes on everything here from guns to TVs. The only thing stock on my weapon is the lower. The upper was a custom build over here, and I brought the NightForce scope from home. Everything else was donated by Magpul...

Cold Zero
02-24-10, 11:14
I have had the OTB Thor boots for months now. They are light weight, comfortable, but I feel they do run a little on the narrow side. I will ge the wide next time.

M4Fundi
02-24-10, 14:36
Thanks IN & CZ for the boot info!

mildot
02-24-10, 15:32
One last though, the OTB boots are modestly priced, however do they offer a LE/MIL discount?

chadbag
02-24-10, 16:07
Any thoughts on these?

http://www.armynavyblog.com/2009/09/belleville-kiowa-boot-review.html

They have a MultiCam version out now too :-)

http://www.uscav.com/productinfo.aspx?productid=19669&urlid=RSS_newitems&utm_source=uscav_RSS&utm_medium=RSS&utm_term=35769&utm_campaign=RSS

I found them for about $85 shipped from one place. They look interesting for long days. I currently have 5.11 HRT boots which I wear when I am on my feet all day -- whether it be the SHOT Show, a training, or Disney World. They are better than any of my "sneaker" type shoes for long all day wear. I will eventually need to replace them and saw these in the USCav catalog that appeared in my mailbox.

02-24-10, 16:54
Those look interesting. Price point is on par with Oakleys and others. I really enjoying the sneaker style boots. They are more comfortable for my feet.
I might buy another pair of Oakleys despite them not lasting long. The Nike SFB is also on the contender list and now the Belleville.

M4Fundi
02-24-10, 17:29
Anyone have experience or knowledge of the Bates M8 Tactical Boot?

Garrasa
02-24-10, 17:32
I have a pair of the ferdelance boots. really hard to break in (still haven't) been using my ranger joes ripple sole since OSUT. they're comfy as hell and will prolly be buying another pair here soon! :) but the ferdelance are real nice and lightweight, just tough. but they'll get their fair share of breaking in once i hit the ground in the 'stan.

I highly recommend the OTB desertlite boots. a guy from west point, in my platoon has a pair of them, and when weighed, they weighed less than the issue boots we got.

mildot
02-25-10, 07:08
I using a pair of Oakleys right now and its time to change. Some of the sole on the bottom of the boot came off leaving holes?

The OTB is described as a "medium" fit and you should order your regular shoe size. I have a wide foot and I'm wondering if the OTB will be too narrow? any troops have this problem? or found the boot to be fine.The Oakleys fit fine and I didn't order them in wide.
Thanks