PDA

View Full Version : new AR illness

yosel
02-19-10, 20:56
Just brought home a new LE 6920 which was obtained at a great price. I'm starting to think it is too nice to shoot and maybe I should get another at the same price and put it away, NIB, for future sale or ?, and shoot only one of them.

I believe these are the first symptoms ARitis. Does any one have a cure for this disease??

I have gone through similar illness with Colt 1911itis, and almost succumbed to CZitis but so far it was only a slight CZcold.

I wonder if running out of funds is an adequate cure??:)

Business_Casual
02-19-10, 21:05
The first rule of ARitis is don't talk about ARitis in public.

M_P

Evil Colt 6920
02-19-10, 21:16
Congrats on your new 6920. Dont be afraid to shoot the hell of out of it:p I put about 400 rounds a month through mine and clean her very well after each trip to the range. She still looks flawless:D

yosel
02-19-10, 22:03
The first rule of ARitis is don't talk about ARitis in public.

M_P

This isn't "public". This is the ARitis ward, where only other infected people hang out.:cool:

DacoRoman
02-20-10, 00:43
The proper way to cure this is to take your new carbine to a carbine course and run it hard, so that you will start associating it with the cool shooting that you can do with it rather than just fixating on it as an object that you simply horde and don't use.

But then again it is always cool to have a back up :D..

lmt defender
02-20-10, 04:48
I feel i've contracted it too.... I just picked up my first lmt and i luv it...

HD1911
02-20-10, 07:25
Just brought home a new LE 6920 which was obtained at a great price. I'm starting to think it is too nice to shoot and maybe I should get another at the same price and put it away, NIB, for future sale or ?, and shoot only one of them.

I believe these are the first symptoms ARitis. Does any one have a cure for this disease??

I have gone through similar illness with Colt 1911itis, and almost succumbed to CZitis but so far it was only a slight CZcold.

Yeah I think that's fairly normal for the first AR you own. Just shoot the piss out of it and worry more about developing your skill with it and less about how pretty it looks. But don't get me wrong, def. take pride in what you own and treat her well, and keep'er wet :D

Gatorhunt
02-20-10, 09:40
That is a great rifle to start with and as others have said have fun shot the hell out of it.:D

Also be on the look out for people with M1itis, M14itis, RETROitis, SBRitis and ... well you get the picture ... they are all very easily transmitted and costly to treat.:eek:

cschwanz
02-20-10, 09:47
Admitting the problem is half the battle....the solution? i dont think there is one. I dont even have mny first AR yet, and Im planning for more. Is that bad?

BSHNT2015
02-20-10, 09:53
OK so this means you now have to get a Noveske;)

Mr.Bickle
02-20-10, 15:35
very, very easy to become a FALaholic too. I love the hell outta my DSA.

I've been issued AR's in the distant past and have a family member's colt in my hurt locker right now. I'm finally going to subcumb to the illness and purchase my first AR in May. It has been my experience that an injection of cash resulting in a new acquisition is the only way to alleviate symptoms of any of these debilitating diseases, at least temporarily.

dbrowne1
02-20-10, 16:20

Just go shoot the piss out of it. That gun is a work horse, not a show horse. Then you won't care about "preserving" it, though you will move on to later stages of ARitis, wherein you notice things that you'd like to improve on it - a lighter or shorter barrel, a different stock, a new optic. So then you'll have to build another one to those new specs, but then THAT one will have just one or two things that are a little off ... and it continues ...

yosel
02-20-10, 22:20
Just go shoot the piss out of it. That gun is a work horse, not a show horse. Then you won't care about "preserving" it, though you will move on to later stages of ARitis, wherein you notice things that you'd like to improve on it - a lighter or shorter barrel, a different stock, a new optic. So then you'll have to build another one to those new specs, but then THAT one will have just one or two things that are a little off ... and it continues ...

Sounds like ARitis also causes an overwhelming desire to practice plastic surgery.

30 cal slut
02-21-10, 05:50
Sounds like ARitis also causes an overwhelming desire to practice plastic surgery.

AR-itis is extremely habit forming and can lead to financial ruin and marital stress.

It is also a gateway drug, and leads to other more damaging behaviors, such as accessory-itis and ammohordification. These diseases all invariably culminate in training addiction.

You have been warned!

lethal dose
02-21-10, 07:36
Get help immediately.

xfyrfiter
02-21-10, 13:49
Get thee to a shrink.