PDA

View Full Version : New build on the way<now done>...hope you guys are happy. ;p

cslone
02-19-10, 21:51
About 2 months ago I bought a CMMG bargain bin 16". I truly like the rifle. Spot on accurate, not a mark on it. 120 rounds the first time out and no FTF's or FTE's. I had no issues with it at all. I would totally recommend it to someone wanting a decent rifle for a really good price. I dressed it in Foliage with a Magpul stock, grip and XTM panels and figured I was done. But like when I had my Ruger P89, I was always reading about some problems here and there that made me second guess a little. So I sold the Ruger and bought a Glock 26 so I knew I had a top notch product.
As my wife tells me, everything I own has a price. Anyway, a guy on another board I frequent wanted an EBR, so I offered mine up.
Two other posters decided to 'split' the rifle and offered me decent money for it, so I sold it.

I ended up finding a Precision Aero lower and parts kit, ordered a milspec stock hardware kit from Bravo Co. to fit my current MOE stock and today I ordered a BCM 14.5" carbine upper(with perm FH). I've already got a Troy 7" rail and VFG that will go on it too.

With the sold rifle, I basically had to come up with $75 to "upgrade" to this new rifle. That's a no brainer in my book. Now I'm already thinking of a second build, I don't even have this one built!

Although I am pretty much a lurker, I have spent a lot of time on here in the search forums. Thanks for the information!

tracker722
02-19-10, 22:00

cslone
02-19-10, 22:10
Oh, I know, that's why I put the ;p at the end. Like I said, totally happy with my CMMG, but for a minor charge, why not upgrade?

Thanks for the welcome.

GunFighter98
02-19-10, 22:17
Good luck with this build and your build in the future! I just sold my old AR and bought my new m4 and yet, I keep looking for what I want next. There is no cure!

cslone
02-26-10, 21:03
Finished it up this afternoon. Pretty basic by most standards, but it works perfect for me. Just need to find a decent red dot, but I'd like to get proficient with irons first. The VFG is a little long for me, so I'm going to shorten it somehow.

BCM 14.5" upper with A2X FH, Aero Precision lower, BCM BCG.
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y163/cslone/DSC_5925.jpg

tracker722
02-26-10, 21:08

Merle
02-27-10, 04:54
It is addicting building these things isn't it? I just built my second one about 2 weeks ago and am going to build 2 more. I also used an Aero precision lower as well as their upper. They are coming out with a billet monolithic upper soon. I saw the prototype today at a gun shop that sells a lot of Aero Precision lowers. If only my wife would understand the addiction. I don't think that she is buying my lie that my guns are breeding....lol.