PDA

View Full Version : Brass with no primer pocket crimping

cschwanz
02-19-10, 23:42
What are some good options for plinking ammo that doesnt have a crimped primer pocket? I'm looking to pick up some play ammo to sight in and play with, but I want it to be decent brass so I can reload it for 3gun/varmint hunting.

Whats everyone else using? Links to sources?

Thanks!!

chadbag
02-20-10, 00:46
buy processed once fired brass. LC processed once fired would work fine. processed brass has had the crimp removed for you.

cschwanz
02-20-10, 08:05
i suppose i could buy processed brass for the reloading then some plinking ammo like XM193 or something. I was just seeing if i could eliminate buying brass and just reuse what i would shoot to begin with. Im not opposed to it, but just seeing my options.

markm
02-20-10, 11:21
I'm looking to pick up some play ammo to sight in and play with, but I want it to be decent brass so I can reload it for 3gun/varmint hunting.

Remington UMC leaves you good reloading brass with no crimp. Centurion M193 is also really good. Despite the fact that the headstamp says "M193" the brass is not crimped and is pretty good, low hastle reloading stuff.

jsharp
02-20-10, 11:35
Processed surplus LC brass is probably going to be good if the not best choice for reloading. You might as start using it right away.

markm
02-21-10, 09:21
Processed surplus LC brass is probably going to be good if the not best choice for reloading. You might as start using it right away.

But that can be expensive can't it?

At one time once fired, unprocessed brass was going for as much as $0.10 a piece.

cschwanz
02-21-10, 11:48
But that can be expensive can't it?

At one time once fired, unprocessed brass was going for as much as $0.10 a piece.

thats whats in the back of m head. im not opposed to buying brass and having quality stuff, but at the same time I dont wanna break the bank on just the brass

74Highboy
02-21-10, 14:36
I don't have any connection with this company. With primer availability the way it is and the work involved in military brass prep I bought some and it worked for me. Shipping was FAST.

http://www.scharch.com/products.php?cat=8

m4fun
02-23-10, 23:30
What these guys said. Honestly, get a deswagger and be done with it. I have a 1050 with built-in deswagger so I dont care - not having to care is care enough.