PDA

View Full Version : Security Officer Unions

LA Sig
02-20-10, 06:59
Looking for peoples actual experiences with any of the Security Unions. I am not looking for opinions or rumors. Our security group where I work, is looking at starting a union drive and I am undecided due to some of the worthless trouble makers getting over on their duties. But I also see that management ignores our valid concerns over issues. I have been in a union before so I know what to expect to a point but never have been in a security union.

The union that we are looking at is the United Government Security Officers of America but I would welcome opinions on any of them. Just looking to see experinces.

Currently, I feel that I am paid fairly and do the work for which I am paid to do but can see that other positions that senior officers do is not fairly compensated. The company has treated me fairly thus far but I know they do not look out for our side of issues to the other groups in the plant. Security is a required operating expense for the company that makes them no money so I can understand where they would want to spend as little money as possible on us.

I can see both sides of the issue so I am on the fence and just looking for experiences and I am not asking for you to make up my mind.