PDA

View Full Version : Magpul MS2 front sling point

TxSoldier
02-20-10, 18:01
Hey I picked up a Magpul MS2 sling at the last fun show and have a question. I've installed their ASAP sling plate so I'm good to go on that, but is there any specific front sling adapter that is better to use for that alligator clip thing on the MS2?

I mean due to the size and shape of the clip is there something it WON'T fit on? Would something like this work?

http://dsgarms.com/index.cfm/product/2163_44/cqd-front-sling-loop-for-rails.cfm

What do you guys who are using this sling use for your front sling point?

thebigx
02-20-10, 18:28
Hey I picked up a Magpul MS2 sling at the last fun show and have a question. I've installed their ASAP sling plate so I'm good to go on that, but is there any specific front sling adapter that is better to use for that alligator clip thing on the MS2?

I mean due to the size and shape of the clip is there something it WON'T fit on? Would something like this work?

http://dsgarms.com/index.cfm/product/2163_44/cqd-front-sling-loop-for-rails.cfm

What do you guys who are using this sling use for your front sling point?

The CQD front sling loop is what I use. MagPul will be coming out with their version sometime this year, I hope...

TxSoldier
02-20-10, 22:05
So the clip moves freely? I guess my worry was that due to the shape of the alligator clip or whatever you wanna call it, if the sling loop wasn't big enough it'd constrict the movement of it.

SWATcop556
02-21-10, 08:56
I use the CQD for a front mount but I took a lot of the metal off with a dremel (including cutting it in half). It moves freely and works well. In stock form the sling doesn't pivot well in the CQD.

The new attachment point from Magpul looks good but hasn't hit the market.

FWIW I ver very rarely run mine in 2 point.

TxSoldier
02-21-10, 19:57
SWAT you kind of read my mind with your last comment. I was wondering myself how often I would use it's two point capabilities.

This will be my first single point sling though, so I guess in case I would prefer a two point for some reason it's an option. Do you not use the two point to swing it around behind your back to get it out of the way ever?

TxSoldier
02-22-10, 18:36
Also, anyone who uses the MS2 sling, please let me know what you use for the front sling mount that lets the clip move freely!