PDA

View Full Version : Magpul Dynamics in the KY area...

Sierrahotel83
02-20-10, 20:40
Sorry Mods if this is in the wrong area if so please let me know.

I have been trying to figure out if I could get a Magpul Dynamics class in Ky first in terms of interest in it and finding a range here.

Well this thread is to see if there would be interest in a class.

If we can get this to happen it would end up being in Casey County more than likely as that is where I found a Range that would allow that type of shooting without having a shitfit...:D

usmcamp0811
03-31-10, 06:12
depending on when it was I know me and atleast a couple of my buddies would love to attend a Magpul Class and I googled Richmond KY, it's just up the road from me in Chattanooga....

Sierrahotel83
03-31-10, 07:25
still trying to work out details on where it would be exactly... I am trying toget that worked out before Magpul contacts me again to firm it up. :D

deuce9166
03-31-10, 07:27
I would be interested if it was in the Henderson/Evansville area and not in August. I have a CSAT class in August.

Sierrahotel83
03-31-10, 07:38
Well it will definately be in 2011 sometime as their schedule is full for 2010. the area I have a range is in Casey county. Liberty to be exact but i am open to suggestion as I have had trouble finding ranges....:confused: the downfall to everybody shooting on their or their friends land.:D

JBRIII
03-31-10, 10:33
I'm in for 2011, I'm in Louisville. What are you thinking Pistol or Carbine? Both?

wes007
03-31-10, 11:12
I'm in for 2011, I'm in Louisville. What are you thinking Pistol or Carbine? Both?

I think they taught at Knob Creek back in October in which unfortunately I wasn't able to make it.

I've been hoping that they'd find their way back there in 2011.

JBRIII
03-31-10, 12:45
me either, I found out after the fact. But given it's propensity to flood easily, a better location would be nice. Especially in a Spring Class.

Sierrahotel83
03-31-10, 13:46
I was thinking Carbine 1 or possibly Carbine 1 and 2... Also if someone has a good range they would suggest I am all ears... the range I have in mind I have never been to but a friend is the president of the sportsmans league that owns it.

wes007
03-31-10, 14:20
I was thinking Carbine 1 or possibly Carbine 1 and 2... Also if someone has a good range they would suggest I am all ears... the range I have in mind I have never been to but a friend is the president of the sportsmans league that owns it.

Well what are we waiting on then :cool:

Not sure if you all are familiar with Slingpoint but they are opening up a new rifle range about 7mi outside of Lex and I'm sure they'd be more than happy to host a class as well.

Sierrahotel83
03-31-10, 15:17
I will have to check with them just cause it is much closer to me than Casey County.:D

Sierrahotel83
04-30-10, 08:31
I talked to someone at Slingpoint Firearms in Lexington yesterday, they seemed like they would be very happy to be the range for this class. Their range will be located in or near Winchester, ky.:D Their range will be opening in July, they hope, I will be going there ASAP because I want to check it out.:cool: The next hurdle is to wait for Magpul to get back to me about hosting a class:) I will keep updating as I get new information.

SpookyPistolero
04-30-10, 08:34
I'd definitely be interested on a 2011 magpul class in ky. Carbine 1 would be preferable.

Sierrahotel83
04-30-10, 08:46
Good the more people who want to take it the better I do believe as I would hate to get one scheduled but then have to cancel it due to lack of interest. Another benefit of this is it may be possible to get a group of like minded individuals together to shoot more often:D I need this as I think it will push some of us to improve, I definately need to improve.:cool:

Singlestack Wonder
04-30-10, 12:44
I'll attend if it is scheduled....

Sierrahotel83
04-30-10, 13:40
Now the waiting game starts... I will Update as I have more information:cool:

Slicktop
05-03-10, 01:46
I'd definitely be interested.

wes007
05-03-10, 02:58
Good the more people who want to take it the better I do believe as I would hate to get one scheduled but then have to cancel it due to lack of interest. Another benefit of this is it may be possible to get a group of like minded individuals together to shoot more often:D I need this as I think it will push some of us to improve, I definately need to improve.:cool:

Couldnt agree with you more.

Sierrahotel83
05-03-10, 03:04
Thanks for the tip on Slingpoint... I am really itchin for them to open the range. I need to try to break my rifle now:eek:... and hope it doesn't.:D

LMTRocks
05-26-10, 02:47
Definitely interested in it. I live in Lex.

Army Chief
05-26-10, 05:43
Knox area ... and interested.

AC

Uin2it
05-26-10, 13:46
My father and I are both VERY Interested in taking this class!! 2011 works for us as I am currently out of the country till fall anyhow...

Dad is a member of Fern Creek Sportsman's Club just south of Louisville. I have shot there many of times and they have a top notch facility!! A bunch of different ranges and they are always having special events... beautiflul place too with a Lake on the premesis that is real nce.

I am sure that if this was to go down my Dad could talk with them and they would be all for having the class there!

http://www.ferncreeksportsmansclub.com/

Kentucky Cop
05-26-10, 14:56
I am friends with LMT rocks as I live in Lex also. I would be very interested to go. I believe I could get at least 1-3 guys to commit from the Lexington Police Department. Keep us updated. I would go to either but prefer the carbine course. Any idea on how much the classes usually go for? Its been awhile since I checked.

PS- If I remember correctly, their is a range in Bourbon county. Its private but I do know that several Bourbon county Sheriffs use it to shoot. I overheard a conversation between a few LEO"s about how nice it is.

Ky Cop

Sierrahotel83
05-26-10, 15:06
As of now the range I hope to have it at is in Winchester. Slingpoint will be opening the range in July hopefully. Now just waiting on Magpul to contact me to set it up.

wes007
05-26-10, 16:08
I am friends with LMT rocks as I live in Lex also. I would be very interested to go. I believe I could get at least 1-3 guys to commit from the Lexington Police Department. Keep us updated. I would go to either but prefer the carbine course. Any idea on how much the classes usually go for? Its been awhile since I checked.

PS- If I remember correctly, their is a range in Bourbon county. Its private but I do know that several Bourbon county Sheriffs use it to shoot. I overheard a conversation between a few LEO"s about how nice it is.

Ky Cop

I live in lex as well, about how far is Bourbon from Lex?
I'd say around $500 or so but its been awhile since I've checked.
Another question is does anyone know the min and max amount of people for each class?

Sierrahotel83
05-26-10, 17:17
The Carbine 1 class is $500, 1500 rds for rifle and 200 for pistol, plus whatever range fee that is applicable.

Not sure how far Bourbon is from Lex... but Paris would be Bourbon county. The minimum for a class is 18 students.

Also as a sidenote would anybody be interested in starting a M4C Ky area group and maybe some tactical shoots. I am from Richmond so Lex isn't that much of an out of the way place for me to go. this would be great especially once Slingpoint opens their range.

SpookyPistolero
05-27-10, 12:42
Some shoots and get togethers would definitely be cool, I've got no shooting buddies currently! Surprising that there are so many here in/near Lex.

Sierrahotel83
05-27-10, 19:11
Agreed, I think if nothing else maybe once slingpoint opens their range doing an informal get together and shoot.

SpookyPistolero
05-27-10, 19:28
Bud's Gunshop is opening its range in mid-to-late June too, in case Slingpoint is delayed. It's only 25 yard indoor of course.

Sierrahotel83
05-27-10, 19:43
Yeah they are but I priced it, in my opinion it is too expensive... at least for me.

Slicktop
05-28-10, 03:08
Also as a sidenote would anybody be interested in starting a M4C Ky area group and maybe some tactical shoots.

I'd be all about something like that.

I think it would be great to get semi-regular shoots together where we would get to do something other than stand static on the line.

NKUDaniel11
06-10-10, 02:43
Interested in both the group and class

Sierrahotel83
06-10-10, 09:35
I will see what I can do once Slingpoint opens...:cool:

Sierrahotel83
06-12-10, 15:56
Just adding a link to a thread I started in hopes of finding out if anyone would be interested in other classes from other companies.
https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?p=680514#post680514

Chuck_Bennett
06-13-10, 16:43
In Southern Ohio (Portsmouth) area and am interested for 2011. Look's like 2.5 hours from here so a pretty easy drive.

I belong to the greenup country gun club as well as one in ohio that has 200+ members so I can pass the word to help recruit folks that fit in to this sort of class if there is any shortage of people.

Hold it in June and I'll tell my wife it's my birthday present. :D

yrac
06-13-10, 20:46
Does not qualify as a course announcement or AAR, so this thread is being moved to the appropriate regional forum.

Sierrahotel83
06-13-10, 23:28
Thank you I wondered but wasn't sure where to put it:confused:

Sierrahotel83
06-13-10, 23:54
Also going to like to the thread I started for a RSKTKR class...
https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?p=681640#post681640

Sierrahotel83
06-30-10, 09:52
OK I realize that I am Hijacking my own thread but as up to this point I have nothing more on e Magpul Dynamics class, I am using this thread to try to catch the people who have been reading this thread to see if anyone is interested in a RSKTKR class if so please click the link in the above post. I think that this class is a very real possibility in the fall of this year but I am not getting the response I expected.