PDA

View Full Version : M&P Airsoft - anyone have one?

photosniper
02-21-10, 08:48
Not sure if this is the right place for this thread, if not, please move.

The training company I work with does a lot of force on force training with airsoft. I've been thinking about buying one of S&W's M&P CO2 powered airsoft pistols and was wondering if anyone here has one or had any experience with them. Like to know how well they are made and if they are close in size and weight to a full sized M&P.

Thanks

Powder_Burn
02-21-10, 10:03
The Airsoft M&P40 from the Smith & Wesson website is dimensionally the same. However, the grip is a bit more square and it is substantially lighter weight. The trigger does not replicate the real M&P. Mags drop free and slide is fixed molded plastic. Quality is slightly higher than something from the toy aisle.

Red Dawg
02-21-10, 10:47
I've got one also. The magazine is a little on the flimsy side. Use some good quality silicone oil/spray on the seals and you should not have any major problems. You're going to need to get the silicone oil from a hobby shop that has airsoft guns. If you use the cheap stuff, you run a risk of degrading your "o" ring where the CO2 cylinder is punctured by the gun. Good luck and have fun with it.

firecop019
02-25-10, 08:31
My department uses them because there wasn't a FX sim gun out yet. Overall they work well for the intended purpose and they are pretty accurate. The mags are weighted to try to replicate the weight. It's close but doesn't balance the same, but for the cost it's a great training option.

C4IGrant
02-25-10, 09:10
I have one for FOF and it works great. Accurate, reliable and fits my Raven holster. My SF X300 also fits on it just fine.

C4

98z28
02-25-10, 09:35
As noted, the grip is more square than the real thing, the trigger is not quite the same, and the weight is a little less and biased towards the grip with the heavy magazine. However, it does fit holsters made for the M&P (it fits my Safariland ALS holsters and Raven with XTI Procyon) and it does run fine. I have been using one for FoF for about six months. Thus far I have not had issues with the CO2 leaking like others have.

JohnN
02-25-10, 10:09
Best hope for a reliable, durable airsoft pistol for practice and FOF is KWA or KSC deciding to manufacture metal slide versions. They apparently can no longer import the Glock models .

photosniper
02-25-10, 21:17
Thanks for the response guys. Gonna order one Monday if I can't find one at the gun show this weekend.