PDA

View Full Version : AR-15 or M16

johnUSMC
02-21-10, 11:52
I,m new here, but would like to ask what are the diferinces in the AR's.

I loved my COlt in the core, now I am buying one , and it is what I think it should look like, but there are so many.

What makes them better or worse then others? thers so menny on the market,,,,

If I can have one that shoots like my old one that all I want, and I never had a problem with as well.

My 300Y groups of 5 shots were 11/2" to 2" groups.

what can I get with these new guns?

Marty916
02-21-10, 11:58
Have a look at this thread, it might head you in the right direction: https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=6642
The differences in performance between current AR's and your M-16 are nil, the major difference is the select fire option on the service weapon vs semi only on civilian AR's (unless you apply for the appropriate paperwork for full auto from the authorities and your state allows you to own full auto). Barrel length and ammo type will be among the major influences on long range accuracy. Overall you'll be happy with any number of commercial AR's and you also have the option of building your own from a huge selection of components. The folks here can certainly give you pointers on which of these components are the best for your needs.

Alpha Sierra
02-21-10, 11:59
My 300Y groups of 5 shots were 11/2" to 2" groups.

.5 to .67 MOA at 300 yards.........That's some good shooting, Tex.

What kind of rifle, what ammo specs (assuming handloads right?), what kind of support, what kind of sights, if you don't mind me asking?