PDA

View Full Version : Interest in Daniel Defense Lowers for $369?

C4IGrant
02-21-10, 15:55
One of my all time favorite lowers is Daniel Defense's. Their flared magwell and CNC engraved roll marks are some of the best in the industry.

We have put together a package deal on them with all the best components and wanted to see if there was any interest in these. We will also offer them in different colors, stocks, triggers and LPK's (to include LMT and COLT).

Here are the SPECS:

DD Lower
G&R Tactical LPK
LMT Bolt Catch
LMT Safety/Selector
Mil-Spec Receiver Extension (6 Position)
Castle Nut
Receiver Plate
SS Buffer Spring
H Buffer
Magpul MOE Grip
Magpul MOE Trigger Guard
Magpul MOE Stock

$369

http://www.gandrtactical.com/images/archive/Daniel%20Defense/Lower_GR_MOE_BLK.jpg

http://www.gandrtactical.com/images/archive/Daniel%20Defense/Lower_GR_MOE_BLK1.jpg

http://www.gandrtactical.com/images/archive/Daniel%20Defense/Lower_GR_MOE_BLK2.jpg

rjacobs
02-21-10, 16:04
Id be interested, but with a UBR stock, a MIAD grip, the metal Enhanced trigger guard, and an H2 buffer. Everything else would work for me as that is how I was planning to build it anyway. I love the lower on my DDM4 and have been trying to find something like this to build my SBR on. Let me know a price built with the above changes.

C4IGrant
02-21-10, 16:13
Id be interested, but with a UBR stock, a MIAD grip, the metal Enhanced trigger guard, and an H2 buffer. Everything else would work for me as that is how I was planning to build it anyway. I love the lower on my DDM4 and have been trying to find something like this to build my SBR on. Let me know a price built with the above changes.

That is easy to build and we have all the components to do it. Quick guestimate would be about $540.

C4

rjacobs
02-21-10, 16:21
That is easy to build and we have all the components to do it. Quick guestimate would be about $540.

C4

Now thats tempting. I dont think I have the cash right now(would be a month away or so), but this sounds like my best option so far. I was going to do either a basic LMT or BCM and put on the UBR stock, but that would be more than your price. Do you have a constant supply of these lowers or are they kinda of a "we got 50 in and dont know when we will get more" type of a thing?

wake.joe
02-21-10, 16:29
Available now?

JBecker 72
02-21-10, 16:41
price for that exact setup with SOPMOD stock?

Spooky130
02-21-10, 16:51
I like!

Spooky

30 cal slut
02-21-10, 17:02
Grant, if you can pin the stock (or maybe ship it separately) I'd be glad to take one off your hands.

Wilco
02-21-10, 17:05
Yes, very interested.

Esp if we could pair it with a light weight upper.

I would like to see a full rifle with the upper/lower in different colors. I would buy one or two in different colors if offered.

SpeedRacer
02-21-10, 17:21
Would this be considered on-par quality with your BCM lowers? Do you custom spec the BCMs as well, or do you receive them assembled? I'll be purchasing a lower very soon, and had planned on the BCM. However the DD seems nice too though, and I really like the flared magwell.

marh415
02-21-10, 17:30
Can I order one with just the receiver extension with no stock?

C4IGrant
02-21-10, 17:32
Now thats tempting. I dont think I have the cash right now(would be a month away or so), but this sounds like my best option so far. I was going to do either a basic LMT or BCM and put on the UBR stock, but that would be more than your price. Do you have a constant supply of these lowers or are they kinda of a "we got 50 in and dont know when we will get more" type of a thi

ng?

We can get our hands on lowers easily.

C4

C4IGrant
02-21-10, 17:33
Available now?

Yes.

C4

C4IGrant
02-21-10, 17:35

Add about $140 to the price listed.

C4

C4IGrant
02-21-10, 17:37

Grant, if you can pin the stock (or maybe ship it separately) I'd be glad to take one off your hands.

We can ship the stock seperately.

C4

C4IGrant
02-21-10, 17:39
Yes, very interested.

Esp if we could pair it with a light weight upper.

I would like to see a full rifle with the upper/lower in different colors. I would buy one or two in different colors if offered.

We can do that. What colors are you looking for?

C4

C4IGrant
02-21-10, 17:45
Would this be considered on-par quality with your BCM lowers? Do you custom spec the BCMs as well, or do you receive them assembled? I'll be purchasing a lower very soon, and had planned on the BCM. However the DD seems nice too though, and I really like the flared magwell.

First let me say that Paul and are friends and think the world of BCM products. In this instance though, I like the DD lower a little better.

BCM lowers come to us assembled so we really cannot offer the custom options you see here.

C4

C4IGrant
02-21-10, 17:48

Yes you can.

C4

SpeedRacer
02-21-10, 17:50
First let me say that Paul and are friends and think the world of BCM products. In this instance though, I like the DD lower a little better.

BCM lowers come to us assembled so we really cannot offer the custom options you see here.

C4

Thanks for the honest answer. Can you give me a price on a setup exactly as pictured with a Geisselle SSA trigger? :cool:

wake.joe
02-21-10, 17:53

Yes you can.

C4

Is there a price difference?

C4IGrant
02-21-10, 17:56
Thanks for the honest answer. Can you give me a price on a setup exactly as pictured with a Geisselle SSA trigger? :cool:

Add $155 to the price.

C4

Rescuegunner
02-21-10, 20:32
I'd be interested in one of these for my AR57 upper. If you happen to have an AR57 upper lying around your shop, could you throw it on one of these lowers and post some pics? I'm curious how well the anodizing matches and if I'd need to plan on refinishing the upper and lower if they don't match (therefore negating the need for a completed lower). I appreciate it.

SeriousStudent
02-21-10, 21:05
Wow. That lower, combined with this upper:

https://www.m4carbine.net/showpost.php?p=579001&postcount=209

Would make a very light and maneuverable carbine.

And frankly, it's not expensive at all, for the quality you are getting.

Hmmmmmm.......

Skyyr
02-21-10, 21:17

Hmmmmmm.......

Any way I could get a price on that upper as-is?

sadmin
02-21-10, 21:22
I will buy one soon. Do you mean the receiver will come in a different color or the stock options?
Thanks.

thopkins22
02-21-10, 21:29
I will buy one soon. Do you mean the receiver will come in a different color or the stock options?
Thanks.

He's talking about whether or not the anodizing will match. It's more than a little ridiculous in my opinion.

ETA: Grant I'm definitely interested in these as you've already quoted in this thread, but out of curiosity how much will Colt parts kick the price up?

Skyyr
02-21-10, 21:30
He's talking about whether or not the anodizing will match. It's more than a little ridiculous in my opinion.

Luck for us it's just your opinion.

Rated21R
02-21-10, 21:38
Oh nice...

lawusmc0844
02-21-10, 21:55
I would definitely buy one if I had the money and were not in CA anymore! I am very impressed with the lower on my complete DDM4...

Grant, can you please check your PM, I got a quick question regarding your LPKs...

bigshooter
02-21-10, 22:27
I'm going to be SBR'ing two lowers and I will need to send them off to be engraved, which means they will need to be stripped.

Is there any way to score a couple lowers by themselves or get all the goodies shipped without the install with a little price cut for being in "kit" form?.

Thanks.

Colo.TJ
02-21-10, 23:24

Hmmmmmm.......

Price x2 please.

kerank
02-21-10, 23:41
I'll order one of those tomorrow (just like pictured) if they are available. I'm in the market for a lower to go with my new BCM middy upper. Was leaning toward BCM, but wanted the Magpul furniture. This beats the BCM lower price with those upgrades. This would fit my needs perfectly.

I don't see them on your web site, do I need to call tomorrow??? Or, wait for them to get up on the site?

ffhounddog
02-22-10, 06:37
I am game for one. Should go good with that upper by G&R and a LMT M16 Bolt Carrier group that I need to see if the key flys off due to it being MIM.

OD or Coyote would be nice options :)

ffh

rob_s
02-22-10, 07:43
Hmm, this potentially makes my next carbine much easier...

DD complete lower as shown in first pic
DD 14.5" A1 barrel
Troy Vtac 9.0
DD flattop upper...

C4IGrant
02-22-10, 08:32

ETA: Grant I'm definitely interested in these as you've already quoted in this thread, but out of curiosity how much will Colt parts kick the price up?

Colt LPK is going to drive the cost another $100.

C4

C4IGrant
02-22-10, 08:34
I'm going to be SBR'ing two lowers and I will need to send them off to be engraved, which means they will need to be stripped.

Is there any way to score a couple lowers by themselves or get all the goodies shipped without the install with a little price cut for being in "kit" form?.

Thanks.

Not a problem. We can send the lowers to your FFL and the othe components to you directly.

C4

C4IGrant
02-22-10, 08:36
Price x2 please.

These uppers are $445 without the pinned BCM A2X.

C4

C4IGrant
02-22-10, 08:38
I'll order one of those tomorrow (just like pictured) if they are available. I'm in the market for a lower to go with my new BCM middy upper. Was leaning toward BCM, but wanted the Magpul furniture. This beats the BCM lower price with those upgrades. This would fit my needs perfectly.

I don't see them on your web site, do I need to call tomorrow??? Or, wait for them to get up on the site?

We haven't gotten them up on the website yet. We built one just to see if there was any interest.

Give us a call to order.

C4

bones
02-22-10, 09:51
Very Nice ! Just so happens I,m in the market for a lower

John_Wayne777
02-22-10, 09:57
I'd be interested. I'm going to turn my DDXV upper into a proper rifle, and after looking at what it would take to build up one of the Stag stripped lowers I've got this would make more sense.

If you have one, tack it on to my PT M&P order and ship them all together.

Iraqgunz
02-22-10, 10:20
I would definitely be interested in at least a complete lower minus, receiver extension and grip.

C4IGrant
02-22-10, 10:31
I'd be interested. I'm going to turn my DDXV upper into a proper rifle, and after looking at what it would take to build up one of the Stag stripped lowers I've got this would make more sense.

If you have one, tack it on to my PT M&P order and ship them all together.

Roger that.

C4

marh415
02-22-10, 12:51
Hey Grant, how much for just the stripped receiver?

C4IGrant
02-22-10, 12:53
Hey Grant, how much for just the stripped receiver?

MAP on the lower is $136.

C4

RyanS
02-22-10, 13:32
Darn you Grant! How did you know I've been looking for another DD lower? I didn't plan on finding one so I made my mind up to get some other things worked out. Just when I got comfortable with that, you throw this out at us. Now, I'm asking myself, why rebarrel the upper of my existing DD rifle with one of the new offerings when I could just buy a whole new DD rifle. You suck! And my wife is going to hate you too.....

C4IGrant
02-22-10, 13:57
Darn you Grant! You suck! And my wife is going to hate you too.....

I hear these things quite often.

C4

decodeddiesel
02-22-10, 15:21
Very interested in this setup with a UBR or ACS stock. How much would that drive up the price?

TxSoldier
02-22-10, 19:05
Man I just finally broke down and bought my own AR a few months ago. Now you're gonna make me buy one of these already!!

Have you thought of adding marriage counseling services to your website? :D

fdxpilot
02-22-10, 19:25
Very interested in this setup with a UBR or ACS stock. How much would that drive up the price?

Another inquiring mind for the lower with an ACS, all in FDE.

m1a_scoutguy
02-23-10, 00:02
Money is tite right now,,but I would be interested in a stripped lower also if possible !! I just finished a build and want to do as close to a complete DD build as I can ! Getting a DD lower would be a great start !!

strambo
02-23-10, 01:55
Not in the market for another right now, but in the next 12 months, that exact lower in FDE furniture plus an upper with the new light weight DD barrel would be exactly what I want. I think that is a great price/value/quality combo!

jp0319
02-23-10, 03:09
These uppers are $445 without the pinned BCM A2X.

C4

Grant,
PM sent on this, out of curiosity how much would an FSC556 pinned be in addition to this?

JP

FJ_D
02-23-10, 05:29

C4

So does this imply that buying a stripped lower by itself is also an option?

Thanks

R/Tdrvr
02-23-10, 09:24

Thanks

I'd like to know this too.

Tangotag
02-23-10, 09:28
I am interested in the assembled lower but with a couple minor changes:

DD Lower
G&R Tactical LPK
LMT Bolt Catch
LMT Safety/Selector
Mil-Spec Receiver Extension (6 Position)
Castle Nut
Receiver Plate *****---> Changed to ASAP
SS Buffer Spring
H Buffer
Magpul MOE Grip ***** --->In FDE
Magpul MOE Trigger Guard (still in Black)
Magpul MOE Stock **** --->In FDE

C4IGrant
02-23-10, 09:30

It would drive it $80-$150.

C4

C4IGrant
02-23-10, 09:31
Grant,
PM sent on this, out of curiosity how much would an FSC556 pinned be in addition to this?

JP

We are currently not stocking that MB.

C4

C4IGrant
02-23-10, 09:31

Thanks

Yes, this is an option.

C4

kerank
02-23-10, 20:26
I'm psyched, just ordered mine today just like the picture.

Heck, I don't even care about the color of the Magpul furniture...just so it matches. Whatever gets it here fastest! The last piece of my first AR!

Thanks!

Al U. 5811
02-23-10, 23:40
If you are gauging interest. I'm interested. I guess my tax return check should have just been made out to G & R Tactical. Thanks for bringing these out Grant.

Frac
02-24-10, 00:24
Yes, this is an option.
C4

Cool. Would you mind adding a stripped to the other lower I have on order?

Shotdown
02-24-10, 00:46

C4

Is the lower marked "Multi" or "5.56? Hard to tell on my phone.

Jimbo45
02-24-10, 01:01
Is the lower marked "Multi" or "5.56? Hard to tell on my phone.

From the pics on page 1, it appears to be marked "Cal. 5.56 MM", but I am not certain.

z0mbieHK
02-24-10, 16:28
Absolutely interested in picking one of these up.

C4IGrant
02-24-10, 20:34
From the pics on page 1, it appears to be marked "Cal. 5.56 MM", but I am not certain.

It is 556.

C4

Shotdown
02-24-10, 21:12
Grant, I'll call tomorrow and order a stripped lower. Thanks.

andor
02-26-10, 00:36
Email sent, hopefully going to have something in mid-length flavor together when i get back to the states. Thanks

PatEgan
02-26-10, 01:01
Any issues with the DD mag wells and PMags?
Thanks,
Pat

Blankwaffe
02-26-10, 01:24
Thanks,
Pat

In my limited size sample of one DD XVM4,I can say nope.
Pmags fit,lock and drop free without issue.
DD ships the rifle with a 30rnd Pmag as a matter of fact.

PatEgan
02-26-10, 01:33
Excellent, thank you!
Pat

C4IGrant
02-26-10, 09:16
Thanks,
Pat

None. In fact, DD complete rifles COME with PMAG's.

C4

C4IGrant
02-26-10, 10:11
DD Lower's (stripped and package deals) are now up on our website!

http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=DD-22000

C4

Shotdown
02-26-10, 14:20
DD Lower's (stripped and package deals) are now up on our website!

http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=DD-22000

C4

Grant can I email you a copy of the FFL instead of faxing it?

DJK
02-26-10, 14:40

Not Grant, but my dealer has emailed his FFL to him.:D

PatEgan
02-27-10, 03:54
None. In fact, DD complete rifles COME with PMAG's.

C4

Grant,
Very cool, thanks for answering.
Best,
Pat

C4IGrant
02-27-10, 08:23
Grant,
Very cool, thanks for answering.
Best,
Pat

You are welcome.

C4

C4IGrant
02-27-10, 08:24

E-mail is just fine.

C4

sewvacman
02-27-10, 08:24
Grant,
How does the tangodown grip fit on a DD lower? Does the back of the grip fully line up with the space under the castle nut leading to the grip? Or will the grip stick out a bit like on a CDD lower?

C4IGrant
02-27-10, 08:37
Grant,
How does the tangodown grip fit on a DD lower? Does the back of the grip fully line up with the space under the castle nut leading to the grip? Or will the grip stick out a bit like on a CDD lower?

It hangs off the back ever so slightly.

C4

d90king
02-27-10, 08:58
Tag....

Shotdown
02-27-10, 11:06
Ordered a stripped lower yesterday. I sent you a copy of the FFL via email. Thanks.

Cochese
03-02-10, 06:43
Tag for my new lightweight build.

ROGOPGEAR
03-02-10, 18:03
oh snap, that's awesome. I'll be getting a stripped lower from you in a couple of months, that's the last thing I need for this build. I have just about everything daniel defense on this rifle, now that will be the perfect cherry on top that I wasn't sure was going to happen. wootwoot!

will you guys be getting any DD LPKs in any time in the future? :D

Toonces
03-02-10, 20:39
will you guys be getting any DD LPKs in any time in the future? :D

Save yourself some frustration and angst and go with the G&R LPK. More than a few people in the thread listed below have been underwhelmed with the DD LPK, including me.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=40715

ROGOPGEAR
03-02-10, 21:00
Save yourself some frustration and angst and go with the G&R LPK. More than a few people in the thread listed below have been underwhelmed with the DD LPK, including me.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=40715

hmmm, that's interesting, and unfortunate.

SeriousStudent
03-02-10, 21:35
I have three G&R LPK's running in three different lowers. All three work very well, and were quite easy to install. Trigger is nice and crisp, and the safety engages and disengages positively.

Definitely worth the slight increase in coin.

djegators
03-02-10, 23:19
Any word on when the G&R LPK will be back in stock?

Nice looking lowers, will keep in mind for future reference.

C4IGrant
03-03-10, 08:43
Any word on when the G&R LPK will be back in stock?

Nice looking lowers, will keep in mind for future reference.

They are in stock now (just not with the Magpul triggerguard option).

C4

djegators
03-03-10, 09:02

C4

Ah, I see, thanks. Summer project to build free Noveske lower I am getting, and this looks like the way to go for LPK, thanks.

Rated21R
03-03-10, 09:31

C4

It says Full LPKs are out of stock. :confused:

djegators
03-03-10, 09:37
It says Full LPKs are out of stock. :confused:

Thats because they include the mapgul triggerguard. Just select options without that.

Rated21R
03-03-10, 11:09
Thats because they include the mapgul triggerguard. Just select options without that.

yeah, i am an idiot. :D

djegators
03-03-10, 11:27
yeah, i am an idiot. :D

I did EXACT same thing. ;)

bdub712
03-09-10, 13:18
just got in on this deal...cant wait...debating on the upper...LMT or BCM??

C4IGrant
03-09-10, 13:23
just got in on this deal...cant wait...debating on the upper...LMT or BCM??

Both are excellent, but you should also look at the DD pencil barrel offerings we are doing.

C4

fdxpilot
03-11-10, 12:51
Placed an order for one with an ACS stock today. Can't wait.

shootist~
03-11-10, 15:39
What about a matching DD upper receiver - I though they were mentioned early on in this thread, but now I can't find the reference. Can they be ordered with the DD Lower and if so, is there a link to that product?

C4IGrant
03-11-10, 15:40
What about a matching DD upper receiver - I though they were mentioned early on in this thread, but now I can't find the reference. Can they be ordered with the DD Lower and if so, is there a link to that product?

We can match an upper and lower receiver for you.

C4

Aristogeiton
03-11-10, 16:38
I will have money very soon for a new build and this (first pic) looks perfect. Everything I wanted! Thanks Grant

fdxpilot
03-17-10, 15:12
Placed an order for one with an ACS stock today. Can't wait.

6 days later. Great doing business with Grant.

http://home.comcast.net/~mfrey2/pwpimages/DD%20Finished%20lower.JPG

Here is the rifle as finished. DD Lower w/ Magpul ACS stock, Stag 5H 6.8SPC upper with a Simmons 2.8-10 Aetec scope.

http://home.comcast.net/~mfrey2/pwpimages/68%20Stag%20DD.JPG

Ratfink
03-17-10, 17:07
wow good price ill be calling of friday to start my 6.8 build

bdub712
03-21-10, 22:16
Grant,

Very impressed with this lower and the speed in which i received it. A few pics are below with a before and after....now the upper...you mentioned DD pencil uppers...what would you recommend in a 14.5"???before...http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/bdub712/th_DSC_0503.jpgafter... Larue Tact UDE furniturehttp://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/bdub712/th_DSC_0506.jpg

C4IGrant
03-22-10, 09:13
Grant,

Very impressed with this lower and the speed in which i received it. A few pics are below with a before and after....now the upper...you mentioned DD pencil uppers...what would you recommend in a 14.5"???before...http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/bdub712/th_DSC_0503.jpgafter... Larue Tact UDE furniturehttp://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/bdub712/th_DSC_0506.jpg

Looks good!

For DD Pencil uppers, go here: https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=45874

C4

joeinkeys
04-27-10, 20:18

Did you buy the DD lower to mate with your BCM Middy Upper? I'm thinking about doing the same thing and would like to hear your opinons on fit, function, and finish...

Thanks!

joeinkeys
04-27-10, 20:20

Crud, should have asked....If you did purchase how did you get it configured? Buffer, spring, stock, LPK, etc....

mtdawg169
05-03-10, 08:30
Hey Grant, any chance of factory sbr lowers from DD?

C4IGrant
05-03-10, 08:40
Hey Grant, any chance of factory sbr lowers from DD?

We are waiting for word back from ATF.

C4

mtdawg169
05-03-10, 09:09
If you are keeping a list, count me in. Thanks, Matt

C4IGrant
05-03-10, 09:43
Hackathorn stopped into our shop on Friday to show us the finalized version of the DD upper and lower we built for him.

C4

http://www.gandrtactical.com/images/archive/Daniel%20Defense/KenH_Complete.jpg

Cameron
05-11-10, 14:58
Just placed an order for the DD lower with a UBR stock. Looking forward to it.

Thanks,
Cameron

culannmac
05-11-10, 18:32
Here's mine with my Noveske

http://www.4shared.com/photo/70H-wyEb/nov1.html

well if I could figure out how to post pics. :confused:

Here's the link.

bruce_hxc
05-11-10, 18:48
Looks great.

If everything goes right I'll be putting in an order by the end of this week.

mark5pt56
05-11-10, 20:25
Ken's looks great! Is that a middy pencil?

That would be my vote with the Vltor stock and although I can't see it--Tango Down? Battlegrip?

djegators
05-11-10, 23:43
Here's mine with my Noveske

well if I could figure out how to post pics. :confused:

Here's the link.

Here ya go:

http://dc225.4shared.com/img/286529621/5c9f05e6/nov1.jpg?sizeM=7

thebob24
05-12-10, 02:46
I hope you get good news from the ATF for SBR lowers.
Count me in on that list. :D

C4IGrant
05-12-10, 08:49
Ken's looks great! Is that a middy pencil?

That would be my vote with the Vltor stock and although I can't see it--Tango Down? Battlegrip?

It is a carbine Pencil.

Grip is the Magpul MOE.

C4

bigshooter
05-12-10, 16:27
Just ordered two stripped........hopefully I can have them SBR'd in under 12 months........

Any chance I could get consecutive #'s ?

beelzibub
05-13-10, 12:24
What are the differences between the three LPK options other than cost? How about the castle nuts and buffer springs? What buffer would you recommend for a 16" BCM lightweight middy? I know I'm gonna get flamed for this :D but how well does the DD lower's coating match a BCM upper? How is the fitup between the two? While I'm at it, how do they compare in quality overall? I've been waiting on the BCM lowers to come back into stock, but you've really got me thinking now with these customizable DD lowers! The chamfered magwell seems like a great idea...I wonder why others haven't done this!

C4IGrant
05-13-10, 12:31
What are the differences between the three LPK options other than cost? How about the castle nuts and buffer springs? What buffer would you recommend for a 16" BCM lightweight middy? I know I'm gonna get flamed for this :D but how well does the DD lower's coating match a BCM upper? How is the fitup between the two? While I'm at it, how do they compare in quality overall? I've been waiting on the BCM lowers to come back into stock, but you've really got me thinking now with these customizable DD lowers! The chamfered magwell seems like a great idea...I wonder why others haven't done this!

The difference between LPK's is quality. There is only only mil-spec LPK's. That is Colt's.

For a BCM middy, I would go with an H.

The match is pretty close I think.

C4

500grains
05-17-10, 09:35
I have three G&R LPK's running in three different lowers. All three work very well, and were quite easy to install. Trigger is nice and crisp, and the safety engages and disengages positively.

Definitely worth the slight increase in coin.

Good to know. That influences my plans.

joeinkeys
05-17-10, 19:01

Flaming in 3..2..1...not; I asked the same questions myself. I purchased the DD Lower from Grant to go with the BCM 16" light weight middy upper you are talking about.

DD Lower is more of a flat black and the BCM upper is rather shiny. The difference is not very noticable once you lube / clean the rifle after a trip to the range. I'm pretty stupid about these types of things and what little difference there is does not bother me in the slightest.

Fitup between the two is good not great? (don't know as this is my first rifle) Hold the rifle up to a light and you can see a gap betwen the upper and lower. About two pieces of paper thick. The gap did not seem to bother the rifle when I put 350 rounds down range last Saturday:D. I'd think a little gap is ok and will keep the upper and lower from wearing where they meet?

I ordered the DD from Grant (after much anguish ;)) and do not regret doing it. The fact that Grant can build it out for you to your specs is what sold me! (flared magwell did not hurt either).

I'm very happy with the combination; and I would recommend it. Accurate, a dream to shoot, and one slick looking weapon. I'll try to get some pictures posted in the next day or two.

Grant, if you read this thanks!

C4IGrant
05-18-10, 09:55
Flaming in 3..2..1...not; I asked the same questions myself. I purchased the DD Lower from Grant to go with the BCM 16" light weight middy upper you are talking about.

DD Lower is more of a flat black and the BCM upper is rather shiny. The difference is not very noticable once you lube / clean the rifle after a trip to the range. I'm pretty stupid about these types of things and what little difference there is does not bother me in the slightest.

Fitup between the two is good not great? (don't know as this is my first rifle) Hold the rifle up to a light and you can see a gap betwen the upper and lower. About two pieces of paper thick. The gap did not seem to bother the rifle when I put 350 rounds down range last Saturday:D. I'd think a little gap is ok and will keep the upper and lower from wearing where they meet?

I ordered the DD from Grant (after much anguish ;)) and do not regret doing it. The fact that Grant can build it out for you to your specs is what sold me! (flared magwell did not hurt either).

I'm very happy with the combination; and I would recommend it. Accurate, a dream to shoot, and one slick looking weapon. I'll try to get some pictures posted in the next day or two.

Grant, if you read this thanks!

Fit between uppers and lowers is really not important to anything. As a general rule, I like to see the "gap" between an upper and lower run between .004 and .010.

Glad you like the gun.

C4

Iraqgunz
05-18-10, 10:54
You can check your upper and lower using a .020 thickness gauge at the front and rear pivot lug area. If it penetrates at all accesible location then you are supposed to replace the upper.

This is per TM 9-1005-319-23&P.

joeinkeys
05-18-10, 22:13
You can check your upper and lower using a .020 thickness gauge at the front and rear pivot lug area. If it penetrates at all accesible location then you are supposed to replace the upper.

This is per TM 9-1005-319-23&P.

Thanks a .010 for the information. That is the gap between my upper and lower. :D

Magic_Salad0892
05-18-10, 23:48
Sadly I can't justify buying one of these for myself, but I thought I'd add this:

Grant seriously runs the best online gun shop.

The prices make me smile.

C4IGrant
05-19-10, 08:21
Sadly I can't justify buying one of these for myself, but I thought I'd add this:

Grant seriously runs the best online gun shop.

The prices make me smile.

Thanks for the feedback!

C4

Tangotag
05-31-10, 22:58
After getting a stripped receiver its finally together and getting used.
The color matches great with a BCM M4 upper receiver. I used one of those discounted stripped DD barrels and a DD Omega rail.
http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee73/tangotag_bucket/IMG_5082-1.jpg
http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee73/tangotag_bucket/IMG_5080.jpg
http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee73/tangotag_bucket/IMG_5077.jpg

Grant, thanks for selling us great products.

BVickery
06-01-10, 01:24
Grant,

you eventually going to be getting some more factory registered lowers?

thebob24
06-01-10, 15:35
Grant,

you eventually going to be getting some more factory registered lowers?

More??
There hasn't been any yet right??:confused:

BVickery
06-01-10, 16:31
More??
There hasn't been any yet right??:confused:

I thought I heard Grant say he did get some in.

thebob24
06-01-10, 16:36
I thought Grant was still waiting for a reply from the ATF.
He said we could email to be put on a notification list so I did.
I didn't get a confirmation though so I don't know.

Thomas M-4
06-01-10, 16:39
Grant any ETA on more lowers ?

1. Can I get a matched stripped DD upper from you as well?
2. Looked nobody asked are DD lowers RDIAS compatible?

Thanks.

StephenR
06-02-10, 10:58
I was considering getting a BCM lower with their 16" mid-length lightweight upper and an undecided (handguard, bolt carrier and charging handle). Note: I live in Massachusetts

How does this DD lower compare (without causing fights over brands etc) to the BCM? Any suggestions on my undecided parts?

I would like to keep the build under $1200 but would go to $1300 without optics, but have it optics ready with the proper iron sights.

The purpose of this gun is for home defense, range use, and hopefully some instructed training courses to learn proper use/tactics other than just normal range time. I am also considering purchasing some variant of the .22 conversion for range use as well.

Thank you.

thebob24
06-05-10, 13:49
Any info on registered lowers?

C4IGrant
06-05-10, 15:35
Grant any ETA on more lowers ?

1. Can I get a matched stripped DD upper from you as well?
2. Looked nobody asked are DD lowers RDIAS compatible?

Thanks.

A couple weeks on lowers I think.

1. Yes.
2. Yes on being RDIAS compatible.

C4

C4IGrant
06-05-10, 15:36
Any info on registered lowers?

Nothing at this point. We have some questions sent to the ATF, but have not heard anything back.

C4

beelzibub
06-06-10, 21:04
StephenR: I just put together my BCM 16" lightweight middy upper and a DD lower from Grant and I have to say I'm very happy so far. I haven't been out to shoot it yet, but my initial impressions are very positive. I too was waiting for the BCM lowers to come back into stock, but after doing some homework I learned about G&R Tactical and what they are all about. I really like the lower and love the fact that G&R allows you to customize it. I would have ended up with a few unused parts and more money/time spent upgrading the BCM lower to my desired configuration. I'm hoping to get to the range sometime soon, and I'll report back if I have any issues (doubtful!).

Thanks Grant!!!

thebob24
06-12-10, 23:14
Nothing at this point. We have some questions sent to the ATF, but have not heard anything back.

C4

I see you have BCM SBR lowers for sale now.
Does this mean some DD ones soon?

I currently have a DD lower and I like its extra flared magwell are BCM lowers the same or do they have a standard magwell?

ge_traveler
06-13-10, 11:32
Got a DD lower on order from Grant, can't wait for it to arrive.

I like being able to customize it however I want through G&R. Always had great service dealing with Grant.

thebob24
06-13-10, 21:26

I currently have a DD lower and I like its extra flared magwell are BCM lowers the same or do they have a standard magwell?

Bump.:confused:

I'd like to go this route instead of engraving my DD lower.

Gen. Disarray
06-18-10, 10:00

The 'out of stock' note is gone as of this morning - so it looks like the DD lowers are available again. Just ordered - very excited.

C4IGrant
06-18-10, 10:09
The 'out of stock' note is gone as of this morning - so it looks like the DD lowers are available again. Just ordered - very excited.

They are in stock! Get them while you can.

C4

tb-av
06-18-10, 10:36
On the options list.... when they are chosen, do you install them for that fee or are they shipped loose for me to install?

Thanks,

TB

C4IGrant
06-18-10, 10:55
On the options list.... when they are chosen, do you install them for that fee or are they shipped loose for me to install?

Thanks,

TB

We install them.

C4

Rated21R
06-18-10, 11:20
I finally snagged one of these. I think it will end up being a lightweight SBR for my wife (or for me :D) Glad they were back in stock.

matt86
06-18-10, 21:48
deleted

ge_traveler
06-19-10, 06:58
Whoo hoo! Got the email from G&R that my lower is on its way. I can't wait to pick it up.

SpeedRacer
06-19-10, 09:05
Whoo hoo! Got the email from G&R that my lower is on its way. I can't wait to pick it up.

Same here. :D

ge_traveler
06-25-10, 21:36
I was finally able to make it to my FFL today and pick up my DD lower. Man, is this thing sweet. Got it with the G&R LPK. Just waiting on a few more parts and I'll be able to get this build together.

Another great transaction with Grant!