PDA

View Full Version : RRA LPK in Noveske lower

Simon_Belmont
02-21-10, 19:49
I have a Noveske recce upper and I am building my first lower. To put it plain and simple I want this rifle to be solid. Am I foolish to install a RRA LPK into a Noveske lower given Rock River Arms reputation? After looking around in the web they are one of the more expensive kits out there. How does their quality stack up against Grant's, DD or Stag LPK's? Of course Grant's LPK's were out of stock when I ordered the RRA LPK. Now Grant has his LPK's in stock.(I should be used to my luck by now). Should I consider ditching the RRA LPK for a better one? Any help would be appreciated.
-Simon

bkb0000
02-21-10, 20:09
you're not likely to have any problems with the RRA LPK. if you're bothered, you can sell it here and buy one of Grant's.. they're mightly popular in these parts.

RRA charges more for their stuff because they're known as being the "best" by gunshop employees and back yard plinkers.. so people pay more for "quality." funny, i know. but they should be perfectly acceptable parts.

Blob
02-21-10, 21:54
I have a RRA LPK and have been less than pleased. The front takedown pin is milled crookedly, so that the flat part rubs on the receiver and makes it difficult to push in. The trigger is gritty and inconsistent, but the rest of the parts seem to be okay. I will definitely never buy another one from them.

lawusmc0844
02-21-10, 22:23
One of my Marines purchased a RRA LPK for his USMC JD Tech lower since I seemed to have bought the last LPK from G&R before they sold out about 2 weeks back! Anyway I was disappointed by that since I show him what brands are known to be G2G or shitty. However, I was surprised by how well machined the RRA LPK was. The safety had the same positive click as my issue M4 and DDM4, and the bolt catch didn't have excess metal, very smooth. He is still shopping for an upper so until then we will see whether its 100% or not.

spamsammich
02-22-10, 03:01
Yeah I've had mixed results with RRA LPK. My first one was ok, next two were not up to the same level of quality and the most recent one I ordered directly from RRA was very well finished and machined. I will function check the trigger group some time soon and report back.

HelloLarry
02-22-10, 13:00
I have to wonder how often LPK manufacturers are misrepresented by the sellers.

02-22-10, 13:03
I recently purchased a RRA LPK from a reputable individual so I know it's legit. Other than a green sticker on the bag that says INSPECTED, there are no other markings anywhere indicating that it is from RRA.
I too wonder how many dealers are selling stuff that are not what they really are.

spamsammich
02-22-10, 13:05
FWIW, any time I've bought a RRA LPK from Rainier or RRA, it was fine. Bought 2 at a gun show at the height of the mania for only 80 bucks and those had issues with gritty triggers or messed up selector switches.

C4IGrant
02-22-10, 14:54
I recently purchased a RRA LPK from a reputable individual so I know it's legit. Other than a green sticker on the bag that says INSPECTED, there are no other markings anywhere indicating that it is from RRA.
I too wonder how many dealers are selling stuff that are not what they really are.

Happens all the time.

C4

chadbag
02-22-10, 15:03
I recently purchased a RRA LPK from a reputable individual so I know it's legit. Other than a green sticker on the bag that says INSPECTED

The RRA LPKs I have received directly from RRA are packaged this way with the green inspected sticker. Just a confirmation for you.

02-22-10, 16:37
Happens all the time.

C4

Yeah that's the shitty part about not knowing..

@eguns, thanks for the heads up. I had no doubts on my kit that I got from the seller. I just wish it was better marked for retail or at least sealed up in a blister type pack.