PDA

View Full Version : Need help with MBUS sights

GaBoy883
02-22-10, 07:46
I just bought a set of MBUS sights for my AR. I got the rear installed, then noticed something that gave me pause. I need some guidance.

I was under the impression that the rear sight has 2 appertures to see through. A small hole and a large hole. I was told to use the smaller one to zero in the sights. Then I could use the larger one so that I'd have a bigger sight picture for faster aquisition. Well, how do I move the smaller one out of the way?

ForTehNguyen
02-22-10, 07:47
it just folds back

GaBoy883
02-22-10, 08:14
Is there a button to push or something to release? I just can't seem to make it work.

lethal dose
02-22-10, 08:19
push the small one foward. seperate it from the large one.

Amicus
02-22-10, 08:20
When you deploy the rear MBUS in its upright position, you will be looking through both the small and large apertures. Notice on the apertures that there is a small tab on the top. Using a fingernail (or reasonable facsimile thereof) push the tab forward. The small aperture will fold forward leaving the large aperture upright.

ForTehNguyen
02-22-10, 08:23
sorry shouldve been more clear heh, they fold up together and you can separate them using your fingernail

GaBoy883
02-24-10, 07:20
Thanks alot guys. After following your directions, it worked, of course. I just didn't realize that the small aperture was actually up front and the rear in the back. Just the way its built. Thanks for all the help though.