PDA

View Full Version : Gas tube alignment Question

cyclesteel
02-22-10, 09:42
How much force is needed to bend the gas tube to align perfectly with the carrier key?

Currently I am running a DD Omega-X rail on the gun so there is nothing between the FSB and the Receiver it is a straight run. The gas tube is being pressed against the left side (could be the right I am at work right now) clover leaf hole in the receiver.

I had this issue before the rail was installed also the key was moving the gas tube when I did the alignment test. I think my FSB might be slightly canted but I am not sure. Last time I was at the range I had 10 clicks to the left to zero at 25 yards (pre rail install)

I tried tweaking the gas tube above the barrel and inside the receiver but the alignment never changed. Maybe I was not using enough force? Should I remove the tube bend it and reinstall it. ?

Iraqgunz
02-22-10, 11:48
Generally you can use a flat tip screw driver and get the correct alignment. It usually doesn't take alot.

How much force is needed to bend the gas tube to align perfectly with the carrier key?

Currently I am running a DD Omega-X rail on the gun so there is nothing between the FSB and the Receiver it is a straight run. The gas tube is being pressed against the left side (could be the right I am at work right now) clover leaf hole in the receiver.

I had this issue before the rail was installed also the key was moving the gas tube when I did the alignment test. I think my FSB might be slightly canted but I am not sure. Last time I was at the range I had 10 clicks to the left to zero at 25 yards (pre rail install)

I tried tweaking the gas tube above the barrel and inside the receiver but the alignment never changed. Maybe I was not using enough force? Should I remove the tube bend it and reinstall it. ?