PDA

View Full Version : Magpul PRS Question!

michschi
02-22-10, 09:47
I bought a BCM lower with carbine H buffer and tube. However my upper will be a rifle length gas system. From what I understand I just need to swap the buffer tube to a rifle tube, and carbine spring and H buffer to a rifle buffer and rifle spring and I should be good, can anyone confirm or deny this?

dcs12345
02-22-10, 12:39
Sounds right to me.
The magpul PRS stock uses the rifle extention tube without the spacer if I recall correctly.

BGap38
02-22-10, 18:26
I was looking at putting that stock on a build I'm doing, so my question is will the rifle length buffer function well with a mid length gas system?

Captains1911
02-22-10, 20:47
I was looking at putting that stock on a build I'm doing, so my question is will the rifle length buffer function well with a mid length gas system?

It will function just fine, as will a rifle length buffer with a CAR gas system.

tray
02-22-10, 22:50
All correct responses. I just put a PRS on my AR tonight. I bought a STAG lower with a A2 buttstock knowing I would replace it with the PRS. Simply removed the screw, pulled off the A2 buttstock, slid on the PRS and replaced the screw. Make sure you don't misplace the small take down pin screw.