PDA

View Full Version : Noveske Complete Rifles?

djegators
02-22-10, 09:56
What are the advantages if buying a complete Noveske rifle? Or is there little reason to do this as opposed to buying a complete Noveske upper and a complete lower from another company, or buy a BCM lower and upper separately? In other words, what am I getting the extra few hundred bucks?

For reference, this is what I want:

http://noveskerifleworks.com/imimg/r-lrlp-556_1d.jpg

02-22-10, 10:33
Owning a complete Noveske personally, you're paying for the name and barrel.
The lower is nothing special. You do get the cool crusader cross etched on the upper and lower if you get a factory completed rifle.

seebee
02-22-10, 10:41
I think the complete is more because they think to add on labor to put it together for you. and you pay tax on more expensive item.. just get the upper, no ffl tax etc..
noveske are really good from what I hear. personally the only thing I would get from them is a stripped lower and put in what you want...
plus I don't have 1400 bucks to blow on an upper. nor would I really spend it on a noveske.

djegators
02-22-10, 11:30
Ok, here are the options I am considering:

1. Complete Noveske Recce lo-profile ~ $2100

2. Complete Noveske Recce lo profile upper, plus BCM or DD complete lower ~ $1800

3. Complete BCM lower, complete BCM upper, add on sights, etc, ~ $1800

4. Complete Noveske upper, free lower, LPK, stock, etc. ~ $1800

I know that there is a federal tax on complete rifles, and that most likely accounts for the price difference, but are there any other advantage for buying the rifle complete from the factory? Thanks for the help.

Colo.TJ
02-22-10, 11:34
Ok, here are the options I am considering:

1. Complete Noveske Recce lo-profile ~ $2100

2. Complete Noveske Recce lo profile upper, plus BCM or DD complete lower ~ $1800

3. Complete BCM lower, complete BCM upper, add on sights, etc, ~ $1800

4. Complete Noveske upper, free lower, LPK, stock, etc. ~ $1800

I know that there is a federal tax on complete rifles, and that most likely accounts for the price difference, but are there any other advantage for buying the rifle complete from the factory? Thanks for the help.

One company to warranty all the parts. Possible resale value as a complete factory build.

noops
02-22-10, 13:48
There are also ways to get deals on Noveske's that make them worth it. I got an N4 Low Profile on a group buy with a 10% discount and got the free lower. So

Rifle Normally $2125 at 10% off = 1912.50
Sold the Stripped lower for $125.

Works out fine. Can take some work, but there are ways to get deals.

Skyyr
02-22-10, 13:57
I've built complete Noveske rifles with uppers + lowers, as well as purchased complete rifles from Noveske.

The biggest "plus" to buying a complete Noveske rifle is the collectable factor and resale value (and the added comfort of knowing it was done "right"). You're also going to pay about $300-400 more for the same rifle, as you're paying a Federal firearms tax on the complete gun.

I prefer to build the lower out with Noveske parts and then buy a complete factory upper. You save money and you can swap out different uppers (and sell them if you want to) without losing your investment value.

Case in point, I payed $2300 for a complete Noveske Recon, no upgrades (Stag LPK, GI trigger, VLTOR Modstock).

After being unhappy with some of the "stock" features on my Recon, I decided to do another build. I purchased a stripped Noveske E-series lower (installed a Daniel Defense LPK, Geisselle SSA trigger, Magpul UBR, and Magpul Enhanced Trigger Guard) and put a Noveske Recon upper on it. The completed lower ended up at $735 and the upper was $1,555. Final price? $2300. I have over $425 worth of upgrades on the rifle and it was still the same price as the basic rifle. Oh, and I got a free seconds lower from Noveske, which I sold for $150 cash, bringing the cost of the rifle down to $2250.

From now on, I'm building all of my lowers and only purchasing complete uppers.

Belmont31R
02-22-10, 14:12
Its far more economical to buy the upper, and a stripped lower you build yourself.

For the same price and for probably less you can build it with better parts.

I just recently bought a custom N4 lite upper, and got a free lower. To build the lower was around $400 using Stag LPK, Colt bolt catch and mag catch, SSA trigger, and BCM stock kit. So my total for the base build was around $1600. A comparable gun from Noveske would be around $2300. With the savings you could buy a T1 from LaRue.

Resale value kinda goes out the window when you are saving that kind of money.

Pappabear
02-22-10, 17:49
I went Noveske Upper, Middy and LMT lower sopmod, 2 stage. Very nice.

ucrt
02-22-10, 18:58
Just a note...
Noveske no longer puts the Noveske Cross on the seam between the upper and lower. There is currently no "indicator" that the gun was factory assembled... :mad:

Cincinnatus
02-22-10, 19:02
Just a note...
Noveske no longer puts the Noveske Cross on the seam between the upper and lower. There is currently no "indicator" that the gun was factory assembled... :mad:

Where did you hear that? i just saw one that had just arrived from the factory the other day and it had the cross.

ucrt
02-22-10, 19:15
Where did you hear that? i just saw one that had just arrived from the factory the other day and it had the cross.

Got mine last Wednesday. Seems there are a few left with the Cross but they aren't doing that mark any longer and currently there is no way to differentiate if it was a factory assembled gun.

FWIW, they said people were nitpicking so much, that when someone sent a gun back for the most minute detail, they had to scrap the upper and lower because of the Cross, so they quit doing it...it was costing them too much.

Reckon the "Cross" will bring a little premium one day....:(

JDM92103
02-22-10, 19:35
This is my first post on here but I have been reading threads on here for a long time. I have always been a fan of Noveske and until late I always bought complete rifles from them. My last two I ended up buying LMT lower's with SOPMOD/ 2 stage trigger and Noveske N4 basic uppers I saved about $300.00 bucks in doing so. I think if I was to sell them I would get the same amount as I would for a complete Noveske build in my area to be honest.

I might be one of those people that caused them to not mark the lowers with the cross anymore. My last complete N4 rifle I got from them the upper receiver rail was out of spec and would not mount my 553 eotech. I couldn't even hammer the arms levers down to get it to mount to the receiver. Called Noveske shipped the rifle back and got it back 4 days later with a new upper and lower receiver. They have some of the best customer service I have ever had to deal with.

Skyyr
02-22-10, 19:38

Cincinnatus
02-22-10, 19:58
This is my first post on here but I have been reading threads on here for a long time. I have always been a fan of Noveske and until late I always bought complete rifles from them. My last two I ended up buying LMT lower's with SOPMOD/ 2 stage trigger and Noveske N4 basic uppers I saved about $300.00 bucks in doing so. I think if I was to sell them I would get the same amount as I would for a complete Noveske build in my area to be honest.

I might be one of those people that caused them to not mark the lowers with the cross anymore. My last complete N4 rifle I got from them the upper receiver rail was out of spec and would not mount my 553 eotech. I couldn't even hammer the arms levers down to get it to mount to the receiver. Called Noveske shipped the rifle back and got it back 4 days later with a new upper and lower receiver. They have some of the best customer service I have ever had to deal with.

ARMS mount? I'm surprised the whole rifle didn't explode in your hands! :p

dmancornell
02-22-10, 23:41
Anyone know the current lead time on a complete rifle from Noveske? Interested in a VIS Recce but the website shows out of stock for the past few months.

CLHC
02-23-10, 01:36
I bought my n4lr complete from Rainier Arms almost two (2) years ago. I have no problem spending for a complete Noveske rifle on the next go round. Of course it comes down to one's own time and one's own hard earned money. :cool: