PDA

View Full Version : IN - Bill Would Take Away Public Access To Gun Permit Database

Preferred User
02-23-10, 08:34
Bill Would Take Away Public Access To Gun Permit Database (http://www.indianasnewscenter.com/news/local/84984057.html)

February 23, 2010
Indiana's NewsCenter
By Scott Sarvay
Story Published: Feb 22, 2010 at 4:10 PM EST

(Story Updated: Feb 22, 2010 at 5:38 PM EST )
INDIANAPOLIS (Indiana's NewsCenter) - A controversial bill that would take away public access to the state's gun permit database has been approved by Indiana lawmakers.

Both the State House and Senate have overwhelmingly approved the bill.

Legislators looked into the matter after gun owners complained that newspapers used the database to examine how permits were issued.

Supporters say it's simply a matter of privacy.

Owner, Mark VanBurk of H&H Firearms, Inc. says, “As an owner of a gun shop and also an owner of firearms, I don’t want my information being put in the newspaper or any type of media. Nobody would want their driver's license exposed to the media so someone could print my driver's license. This is basically the same thing.”

The bill now awaits Governor Mitch Daniels' approval.

theblackknight
02-23-10, 10:47
Good. Itl be good to know when i go home for my 10 days leave every year, people wont know im carrying. Or maybe they will see the NRA,S&W,Magpul, USMC and BCM stickers on my back window and kinda put 2 and 2 togather.