PDA

View Full Version : Smith & Wesson Military 40% discount

elkknuckle
02-23-10, 14:52
Don't know if anyone already posted this, but there is a 40% active duty or retired military discount for the M&P firearms. Just thought I'd pass the word. I have the form your required to send in to get the discount on pdf. It was too big to attach so pm me if you want me to email it to you.

14point5
02-23-10, 16:33
Are you sure that isn't the program that expired Dec 31, 2009?

My understanding was that they replaced the 40% off MSRP with an exclusive .mil rebate program.

Here is the info on the S&W site. (http://www.smith-wesson.com/nationsfinest)

So find your best deal retail then submit the rebate form for extra cash back.

I got my information from a nice lady named Helen Piquette at Smith & Wesson.

elkknuckle
02-23-10, 17:14
I had no idea about that. Thanks. My buddy forwarded this to me today.

DragonDoc
02-23-10, 18:12
Are you sure that isn't the program that expired Dec 31, 2009?

My understanding was that they replaced the 40% off MSRP with an exclusive .mil rebate program.

Here is the info on the S&W site. (http://www.smith-wesson.com/nationsfinest)

So find your best deal retail then submit the rebate form for extra cash back.

I got my information from a nice lady named Helen Piquette at Smith & Wesson.

Helen is good people. The 40% rebate ended at 2359 31 DEC 09. Helen told me that they received over 1900 orders from the .mil crowd. While the rebates aren't as attractive as 40% off, a prudent shopper could get a good deal and supplement it with the rebate.

Spiffums
02-24-10, 08:01
I always wondered why they gave huge discounts to active duty personal. They get issued weapons. It's not like you can take you personal AR or Glock or HK to Iraq with you.

Spurholder
02-24-10, 09:06
I always wondered why they gave huge discounts to active duty personal. They get issued weapons. It's not like you can take you personal AR or Glock or HK to Iraq with you.

Eh - what? :confused:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fallacy

One of these examples should help you out.

DragonDoc
02-24-10, 09:59

It is true that we get issued weapons. The caveat is that most units fire their weapons once a quarter if that much. Military issued weapons stay at the unit and individuals can't fire their weapon using personal ammo. Rifle ranges take time, money, and personnel and must be planned months in advanced. Personally owned fire arms are the only way that we can adequate trigger time. So we buy what we can afford and train, train, train. S&W and other manufacturers are doing us a huge service by making top of the line firearms affordable. Trust me soldiers never forget the firearms that they used to keep themselves alive. We show brand loyalty that is nearly like idol worship. A few examples of military brand loyalty are the 1911, M-1 and the M-16/AR-15. We used these weapons in war and when we return we gravitate to what we were comfortable with in the service. We also teach our kids and grand kids to use the same weapons.

Barretta is the major supplier of handguns to the military with Sig and HK providing some as well. S&W is trying to get in the door by providing firearms for personal use knowing that for every unit round that the service member puts down range they will put around 50 as part of a personal training regimen. Service members don't like to train alone so they invite a few buddies from the unit to shoot with them. Some of these service members are front-line leaders trying to improve their subordinates. These shooters value the time that their leaders put forth to help them out. Eventually they decide that they want their own firearms. What do you think they will buy (whatever Sarge is using must be GTG)?

zoocrew
03-02-10, 21:01
I too missed the 40%.
I just wish if they were going to offer to the military they wouldn't turn right around and offer nearly the same daggone deal to everyone...

not the 100 or 5 mags... just 5 mags with a new purchase....