PDA

View Full Version : IWB Holster for Kahr PM9?

TroyTK
02-23-10, 15:12
Hello all! I recently bought a Kahr PM9 and I was looking for a good IWB holster for it. I wanted to find something like the Milt Sparks Summer Special 2, which I love for my Glocks. (I ordered one, but it is six months away from delivery.)

I like how small an area the SS2 takes up and how low it sits in the waistband. Are there any similar holsters available in a reasonable time frame to hold me over? I was looking at the web page pictures of the Alessi PCH and the Kramer #3, but it is hard to tell how they fit.

Any suggestions?

LDM
02-23-10, 15:35
A different type than you're asking about but with a Comp Tac Minotaur I forget I have my Kahr PM9 on my hip.
I have not used this setup in summer yet, but I'm thinking the tuck in feature of the Minotaur is a truly viable approach with a dark colored shirt.
Stay safe.

GKoenig
02-23-10, 15:35
Give the Mr Softy from High Noon a whirl.

It is NOT a Milt Sparks or Del Fatti, but it is very unobtrusive and comfortable. They are also only $30 and ship in a few days. Nice short term solution until you can get off the Sparks waiting list and makes for a nice holster for throwing in the waistband for walking the dog and such.

The Dumb Gun Collector
02-23-10, 18:51
Don Hume IWB clip served me for years and years. Cheap and good--for once.

Jitterbug
02-23-10, 19:10
Milt Sparks Watch Six...six month wait unless you can find one on EBAY.

But, before you do. If it's going to ride on your hip, why not something with a little more bang if you will?

I have the above rig, but seldom CCW that way, 98% of the time I CCW the Kahr PM9 as a pocket pistol in a Desantis Nemesis, and I do that often, although the above carries very well indeed.

But if I'm going to CCW on my hip, most of the time it's going to be lightweight compact .45acp, or Dan Wesson 1911 CBOB 10mm if out for a stroll in the woods.

PM9 is a good choice, but I think there is better for CCW, IWB on the hip. YMMV.

SmokeJumper
02-23-10, 21:22
Take a look at the Alessi Talon Plus or the Mitch Rosen Clipper. The Clipper is $65 at the Kahr Shop and in stock. Not a bad little IWB for the PM9.

SiGfever
02-23-10, 21:42
Give the Mr Softy from High Noon a whirl.

It is NOT a Milt Sparks or Del Fatti, but it is very unobtrusive and comfortable. They are also only $30 and ship in a few days. Nice short term solution until you can get off the Sparks waiting list and makes for a nice holster for throwing in the waistband for walking the dog and such.

I have the "Hidden Ally" for my PM9 and it is a great little holster, very comfortable and light. I received a couple of weeks ago a Crossbreed "MiniTuck" horsehide holster. So far I like it a lot and I think that once the horsehide gets broken in it will be super comfortable.

Rosco Benson
02-24-10, 12:16
The F.I.S.T. #1AK is about perfect for this pistol (mine is for the slightly longer P9 Covert). The ultra-thin kydex makes the holster very thin and the steel clip is strong and makes taking the rig off and on very easy. They aren't pretty, but they work very well.

It seems a shame to take a little thin pistol like the Kahr and then wrap it in leather that almost doubles the thickness of the whole package.

Rosco