PDA

View Full Version : Introducing myself.

Dragon Slayer
02-23-10, 16:34
Hi to everybody, I am an ex Israeli IDF soldier I participated in the Six Day War and the Yom Kippur War. I am living here in the Pacific NW for the last 35 years.

I am a life member of the NRA and the Seattle Police Athletic Association and I am a US Citizen.

Also I am very Conservative and a Republican. I lean Libertarian in some ways and Republican conservative in other ways.

I used to compete in IPSC, IDPA, Trap and Skeet competitions and used to hunt a lot but I do not compete or hunt anymore, instead i shoot a lot of pistol and rifle and also ski and ride bicycles as often as my time and weather permits.

I do not currently belong to any other forums and have no intention of joining any others as of now, BTW I have followed Doc GKR's posts in other forums and I have great respect for his opinions on ballistics.

Thanks

Dragon Slayer:D

Abraxas
02-23-10, 16:38
Welcome and enjoy

theblackknight
02-23-10, 16:42
do you mountain bike?

tracker722
02-23-10, 17:09

Dragon Slayer
02-23-10, 19:31
do you mountain bike?

No I am strictly a road bike rider, used to belong to a racing team but no more of that.:)

Dragon Slayer
02-23-10, 19:33
Welcome to the madness. Still kicking myself for not joining the IDF back when I was 18 many years ago.

Shalom,

Tracker

Shalom to you my friend.:)

gogetal3
02-23-10, 19:43
do you mountain bike?

Every weekend. At Santos trailhead in Ocala Florida

10MMGary
02-23-10, 20:25
Hello and welcome DS, my brother is a Israeli citizen, he played "pro"basketball in Israel for many years. His Wife lost her first Husband during one of the wars,(I apologize for not knowing which one). They have two Sons together and he loves it there. I plan to travel there someday, but promised the Wife we would go to Australia first.

theblackknight
02-24-10, 10:48
Every weekend. At Santos trailhead in Ocala Florida

same here around wilmignton NC and jacksonville

gtmtnbiker98
02-24-10, 10:53
same here around wilmignton NC and jacksonville
I used to ride the trails off of the MSR (main service road) and ended at the bridge, right before you enter Officer Country. Are those trails still there?

theblackknight
02-24-10, 11:12
**** idk, I really only ride Blue Clay in wilmington. the UNCW trails are no more bc of construction

You got a trail map /location?

C4IGrant
02-24-10, 11:33
Welcome!

C4

dirksterg30
02-24-10, 12:07
Welcome, Dragon Slayer.

Dragon Slayer
02-24-10, 13:02
Thank You all for welcoming me to the forum.:)

GermanSynergy
02-24-10, 15:44
Shalom & Welcome! :)

cschwanz
02-24-10, 16:51
HI! :D

Dragon Slayer
02-24-10, 19:16
Shalom!
Great respect to all who have fought in the IDF. My father is Brooklynese, BTW.
Yes, Dr. Roberts is an outstanding source for terminal ballistics.
Have you tried getting Dr. Fackler's articles? I highly recommend them.
Welcome aboard, Sir.
david

Yes I am very familiar with all the ballistic studies and also some done by David Di Fabio. 34 years of deep interest in all firearms and ballistics is what I had an interest in and it has evolved greatly listening to the right people.;)

Dragon Slayer
02-24-10, 19:17
HI! :D Hi :D:D

Dragon Slayer
02-24-10, 19:18
Shalom & Welcome! :)

Shalom to you too.:D

Safetyhit
02-24-10, 19:24
Great to have yet another genuine good guy among us. Welcome aboard.

And thanks from us for helping to win both of the critical stated conflicts. We share much common ground as you know.

Dragon Slayer
02-24-10, 19:32
Great to have yet another genuine good guy among us. Welcome aboard.

And thanks from us for helping to win both of the critical stated conflicts. We share much common ground as you know.

Thank you for your compliment I was just a private in both wars and very young and believe me it was my pleasure that we prevailed if not it would have been our own lives on the line.

GermanSynergy
02-24-10, 21:40
Thank you for your compliment I was just a private in both wars and very young and believe me it was my pleasure that we prevailed if not it would have been our own lives on the line.

If not for men like you, Israel would not be here today. G-d bless you. :)