PDA

View Full Version : BCG questions

thisaway
02-23-10, 21:46
I have put together an LMT Defender lower and an LMT "M4" 14.5-inch upper to start, and I currently have a Colt BCG in the rifle. I would like to get a new BCG and return the Colt BCG to its Colt upper. I am considering a Young Manufacturing NM BCG. Is this a good item for an AR15-M4-type carbine?

I have also looked at BCM's website for BCGs. On 23 Feb 10 they are out-of-stock on their standard M16 BCGs, but they have the "Ionbond" models in stock. Does anyone have any experience with the Ionbond BCGs? Would such be a better choice for an AR15-M4 than the YM NM BCG?

Or, are both of these totally unnecessary for me? I will likely only do moderate shooting with the rifle, perhaps 3000 rounds in a year, and perhaps take a reputable "carbine" class at some point.

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

ryan
02-23-10, 21:59
I have put together an LMT Defender lower and an LMT "M4" 14.5-inch upper to start, and I currently have a Colt BCG in the rifle. I would like to get a new BCG and return the Colt BCG to its Colt upper. I am considering a Young Manufacturing NM BCG. Is this a good item for an AR15-M4-type carbine?

I have also looked at BCM's website for BCGs. On 23 Feb 10 they are out-of-stock on their standard M16 BCGs, but they have the "Ionbond" models in stock. Does anyone have any experience with the Ionbond BCGs? Would such be a better choice for an AR15-M4 than the YM NM BCG?

Or, are both of these totally unnecessary for me? I will likely only do moderate shooting with the rifle, perhaps 3000 rounds in a year, and perhaps take a reputable "carbine" class at some point.

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

The standard BCM or LMT would problly do all you need and then some check GandR Tactical they HAD the BCM and LMT in stock

thisaway
02-24-10, 16:37
The standard BCM or LMT would problly do all you need and then some check GandR Tactical they HAD the BCM and LMT in stock

Thanks ryan! I found a guy on another site who has LMT FA BCGs for $110. Is this a good deal?

ryan
02-24-10, 16:46
Thanks ryan! I found a guy on another site who has LMT FA BCGs for $110. Is this a good deal?

Hell yeah Id say so Im building a BCM from Grant and paid 139 for the BCM BCG

buggsb
02-24-10, 16:53
Both the BCM and YM BCG's are excellent products. You can't go wrong with either one. The YM chrome version is just a little easier to clean.

With that said, LMT also porduces a quality mil-spec product.

It's easy when all your options are winners....like trying to choose the "best" Playboy playmate....

JBecker 72
02-24-10, 17:12

thats a good deal, is that new?
new they go for $130

Blankwaffe
02-24-10, 20:22
One thing to remember is to buy from a known and reputable source like G&R Tactical,BCM and DSG Arms etc..Ive not seen a new LMT BCG for under a $130.00.
Don't overlook the Daniel Defense BCG's either.I picked one up last week and have to say that its probably the best machined and finished BCG Ive had to date.G&R Tactical has the DD BCG for $129.00 as well so its in the same price range and same specs as the LMT.

thisaway
02-27-10, 11:56
thats a good deal, is that new?
new they go for $130

Yes, $110+$6 S&H for a new LMT BCG. I have dealt with the gentleman before, and have had only good business, so I am willing to take him at his word.

Thanks very much for the assistance, y'all!