PDA

View Full Version : "Caveman" diet

huklbrry
02-24-10, 12:25
Anyone have any input as to whether or not this "fad" has any merit?

Don Robison
02-24-10, 22:13
I've talked with people who've had good results without the issues of the Adkins diet. I tried the Adkins back in the late 90's and it drained me of energy and made me angry. I've been thinking of giving the paleo a shot. I put on a few extra pounds this past year after appendicitis and then a back injury shortly afterwords.

St.Michael
02-24-10, 22:39
http://chaosandpain.blogspot.com/

This is a guy I know personally who runs the so called "cave man diet". he is like 180lbs with no body fat at 5.6 or something like that. Anyway, kids a monster and the diet is perfect if you can stick to it. Atkins is garbage. if you really want to get into dieting though you should look at a book called Metabolic Typing first. This will help to show you what kind of diets can work for you.

huklbrry
02-25-10, 10:17
Thanks, I'll check it out

WillBrink
02-25-10, 16:23
Anyone have any input as to whether or not this "fad" has any merit?

First you have to define it. If you are talking about the Paleolithic diet that came mostly from the research done by Loren Cordain, then it's not a fad. Dr Cordian is the real deal and a legit researcher. Others however have jumped on the bandwagon his his research, and some of it is questionable, but I have not read all of it. Dr Cordian wrote the "Paleo Diet" and if interested in info "cave man" diets for the non scientist, that's where I would start.

St.Michael
02-26-10, 11:38
I believe there is one guy ( I forget his name as I am bad with them) who runs a diet with 2 cheat windows a week. I know a few people who have used this and it works great. What happens is 2x a week you get your cheat windows that are 3 hours long. In those 3 hours you shove whatever you can down your throat. BUt as soon as three hours is up you have got to stop. This method works best with keto cycles though. A low or no carb 3 days then the cheat window. We roll ours on Tuesday and Friday. Friday you do because you will probably end up partying or eating out with family or whatever. Also you want to include your drinking sessions in that Friday window. This gives you the least amount of days in between to eat clean and strict all the way. This method is very affective if you have the will power to eat clean on the right days and not stray from the path.