PDA

View Full Version : Glock 30/36 Hybrid

Dragon Slayer
02-24-10, 13:40
I have a Glock 30SF / 36 Hybrid that I have been shooting for almost a year.

The way I went about it first was by buying a G36 and a G30 SF and putting the slide/upper of the G36 on the lower of the G30 SF.

But later on I bought a G30 SF frame and sold my G30 SF, that way I have a G30 SF Hybrid and also a G36.

The gun works great with out any problems as of now with over 2000 rounds, it is slimmer, carries 10+1 with the G30 mag and 13+1 with a G21 mag, is 4 ounces lighter then the G30 and does not feel top heavy.

I wonder if there are others here that have one like that and what they think of the Hybrid.:)

Dragon Slayer
02-25-10, 13:23
What no comments on my Hybrid?;)

Dragon Slayer
02-25-10, 13:25
Here is a picture.

Hendricks433
02-25-10, 14:10
Can you just buy a 36 and pay Glock $150 for a G30 frame?

Dragon Slayer
02-25-10, 16:24
Can you just buy a 36 and pay Glock $150 for a G30 frame?

Glock does not sell frames separately and directly to the customer.

I bought mine from *******(I don't know if I should mention the name and if it is allowed, of the distributor in this forum) for $250.00 including shipping and it was a complete lower, it has to be shipped to an FFL of your choice because it is considered a "gun" and you have to do all the paperwork like you are buying a "Gun".

How did you come up with $150.00?

Dragon Slayer
02-25-10, 16:30
Here is another picture.

Hendricks433
02-25-10, 18:22
Glock does not sell frames separately and directly to the customer.

I bought mine from *******(I don't know if I should mention the name and if it is allowed, of the distributor in this forum) for $250.00 including shipping and it was a complete lower, it has to be shipped to an FFL of your choice because it is considered a "gun" and you have to do all the paperwork like you are buying a "Gun".

How did you come up with $150.00?

I've seen countless times that Glock will send you a replacement frame for $150. Never done it so not sure how it works.

Dragon Slayer
02-25-10, 19:01
I've seen countless times that Glock will send you a replacement frame for $150. Never done it so not sure how it works.

Sorry I am not aware of that, but if you are saying a "replacement frame" does that require for you to send the old one that maybe was damaged?

Hendricks433
02-25-10, 19:37
Yea idk I've never done it, I assume you probably send the old one in.

Is really like to do one of these, I just got my first handgun ad would really like the whole family, if 26 and 17 first. I need more money lol.

Dragon Slayer
02-27-10, 16:59
This is a completely different thing then sending a damaged frame and receiving a new one. ;)

I bought a G30 SF frame complete from Glockmeister and put on it the complete upper (slide, barrel, everything) from a Glock 36. So now I have a gun that can be a slim single stack Glock 36 with 7 rounds or a slim Glock 30 SF with 11 rounds that is capable of carrying 14 rounds with a Glock 21 mag. :cool:

As we speak I am carrying it in a Glock 19 holster from Galco, it fits perfectly and if you are a 45 ACP nut like I am this has huge advantages.:D

BTW I heard a few of the Glock Reps at the shot show were carrying similar guns.:)

glocktogo
02-27-10, 17:46
Can you post a pic of it from the front or back? I'm interested in what it looks like from that perspective.

Dragon Slayer
02-27-10, 18:24
Can you post a pic of it from the front or back? I'm interested in what it looks like from that perspective.

Here you go, not a very good picture but the best I have.

skyugo
02-27-10, 20:47
wonder why glock doesn't make these.. i've heard a lot of good reviews.

glock is funny about listening to customers though.

glocktogo
02-27-10, 23:16
Here you go, not a very good picture but the best I have.

Thanks for the pic! I may have to try this in the future.

Ga Shooter
02-28-10, 09:26
Let me see if I understand this right. I currently CCW a G36, but I have always been a little uneasy at only having 6 rnds. Which is whay I carry 2 extra mags. But If i but a G30 sf I can switch the uppers and use the 10 round mags. Will the 10 round mags work in the 36? Why not use a holtser for the 36 or the 30 I would think that they would work? Any FTF or FTE problems? I am very interested in this!

Dragon Slayer
02-28-10, 10:50
Let me see if I understand this right. I currently CCW a G36, but I have always been a little uneasy at only having 6 rnds. Which is whay I carry 2 extra mags. But If i but a G30 sf I can switch the uppers and use the 10 round mags. Will the 10 round mags work in the 36? Why not use a holtser for the 36 or the 30 I would think that they would work? Any FTF or FTE problems? I am very interested in this!

You have to read my posts again.

You do not have to buy a whole G30 anymore just buy a G30 SF lower complete from Glockmeister ($250.00 shipped) and switch the whole upper of the G36 (slide, barrel, recoil spring) to the G30 SF frame and there you go you have an 11 round Hybrid Glock that will also take G21 13 round mags as spares.

Also when you want something flatter and even more concealable switch the upper back to the G36 lower and you have a flat 7 shot G36. The 10 round G30 mags of course will not fit in the G36 lower, if they did you would not need to do what I am recommending.

When it comes to functioning it never failed in 2000+ rounds of every type of ammo you can imagine and everybody else that has tried it says the same but there is no guarantees with this things.

The other thing is always carry at least one spare mag and two is even better no matter how many rounds your gun holds.

The G30 holsters will accomodate the Hybrid if they have a retention screw that you can tighten.

Bulldog7972
03-01-10, 08:26
Ike, can you post a picture of the hybrid side by side with the frame of the unused G36? I'm trying to see how much slimmer the G36 frame is compared to the G30. And how about a side by side of both uppers? Is this the same size as a G19?
Thanks

Dragon Slayer
03-01-10, 09:18
Ike, can you post a picture of the hybrid side by side with the frame of the unused G36? I'm trying to see how much slimmer the G36 frame is compared to the G30. And how about a side by side of both uppers? Is this the same size as a G19?
Thanks

How do you know I am Ike? send me a PM and tell me who you are please.
BTW I can not it was a friend that took the pictures and posted them for me I will have to ask him if he has time to do it but you could compare it in a gun store.

Dragon Slayer
03-01-10, 09:21
Is this the same size as a G19?
Thanks

It is smaller, it is in between a G27 and a G19, it is in essence is a G36 with a fatter frame.

Hendricks433
03-01-10, 09:33
You have to read my posts again.

You do not have to buy a whole G30 anymore just buy a G30 SF lower complete from Glockmeister ($250.00 shipped) and switch the whole upper of the G36 (slide, barrel, recoil spring) to the G30 SF frame and there you go you have an 11 round Hybrid Glock that will also take G21 13 round mags as spares.

Also when you want something flatter and even more concealable switch the upper back to the G36 lower and you have a flat 7 shot G36. The 10 round G30 mags of course will not fit in the G36 lower, if they did you would not need to do what I am recommending.

When it comes to functioning it never failed in 2000+ rounds of every type of ammo you can imagine and everybody else that has tried it says the same but there is no guarantees with this things.

The other thing is always carry at least one spare mag and two is even better no matter how many rounds your gun holds.

The G30 holsters will accomodate the Hybrid if they have a retention screw that you can tighten.

Have a link, I dont see such an item on Glockmeister.com

Bulldog7972
03-01-10, 09:40
You must scroll all the way down on Glockmeisters website. That's where you will find the lowers and uppers.

KalashniKEV
03-01-10, 09:44
It is smaller, it is in between a G27 and a G19, it is in essence is a G36 with a fatter frame.

I'd really like to see a comparison pic too... is it really that much thinner to make it worth it???

Dragon Slayer
03-01-10, 12:06
I'd really like to see a comparison pic too... is it really that much thinner to make it worth it???

It is thinner hold a G36 and a G30 side by side and you will see the difference also it is 4 ounces lighter and if you carry 24/7/365 like I do it makes a big difference.