PDA

View Full Version : Bushnell Trophy 1x32

Tang419
04-13-07, 02:22
I bought one from a fellow member here, and I really like it. The red and green T-Recticles are easy to see as well. I didn't get to set it up today before work, but I did get it mounted and fired a few rounds. It's shooting high, but windage is dead on.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y241/Tang419/mp15.jpg

Shihan
04-13-07, 18:45
I had one and it was really sturdy but had an annoying outline around the reticle so I sent it back.

curries103
02-28-08, 05:34
Are you going to mount a BUIS? I'm getting the same scope and by the look of some of the pictures I've seen it may be a tight fit to flip it up. Might a riser be in order and if which one?:confused:

Tang419
02-28-08, 10:18
Mine cowitnesses perfectly with a Troy BUIS. My front screw on the scope is actually sitting forward of the rail. About a 1/2" of the scope rail is not on the rifle. However, it does not cause any problems. It staus zeroed, and doesnt move, and the BUIS works great. Ill try get up new pics.

curries103
02-28-08, 10:32
Mine cowitnesses perfectly with a Troy BUIS. My front screw on the scope is actually sitting forward of the rail. About a 1/2" of the scope rail is not on the rifle. However, it does not cause any problems. It staus zeroed, and doesnt move, and the BUIS works great. Ill try get up new pics.

Thanks. I just got word my upper shipped and I ordered the scope. I'll post pics as soon as I get it together

curries103
02-28-08, 11:17
Does anybody make a flash killer for this scope?

Shihan
02-28-08, 12:54
Does anybody make a flash killer for this scope?

I gotta ask why would you want a ARD on a play scope?

curries103
02-28-08, 20:21
I gotta ask why would you want a ARD on a play scope?

Just a question out of curiosity. No, I'm not a sociopath looking to make CNN. Some of my friends are cops and former military and they might ask when we get together.

Boss Hogg
03-05-08, 09:23
For the money it would appear tough to beat this for a "trainer" scope- like a good thing to put a 22LR upper. 22LR recoil might be a wee bit easier on cheap optics than .223

I saw one at SHOT and it didn't seem bad. The glass seemed a bit dark, but I'd want to see it in actual daylight.

Sam
03-05-08, 09:32
I'm also curious about this scope. I couldn't find any information on the battery life. Does any of the owners have any idea how long the battery suppose to last? How much are you guys paying for these?

Thanks.

curries103
03-05-08, 10:06
I'm also curious about this scope. I couldn't find any information on the battery life. Does any of the owners have any idea how long the battery suppose to last? How much are you guys paying for these?

Thanks.

$139 at optics palnet w/free shipping. Back ordered for 5 -10 days though. Should get it in a week or two. It takes a CR2032 battery. I want to say 150 or more hours constant on but I may be wrong.

Sam
03-05-08, 11:20
Curries:
I saw the ad at Optics planet, that's a good price, it's very tempting. Is that 150 hours your estimate or is it manufacturer's advertised number? If that's the case, I can live with it, basically put in a fresh set of batteries before a weekend class and I'll be more than safe to leave it on for the whole day.

curries103
03-05-08, 15:43
Curries:
I saw the ad at Optics planet, that's a good price, it's very tempting. Is that 150 hours your estimate or is it manufacturer's advertised number? If that's the case, I can live with it, basically put in a fresh set of batteries before a weekend class and I'll be more than safe to leave it on for the whole day.

I think I found the battery life on another forum thread. There is no stated life at the Bushnell sight. If I find it again I'll post a definite answer here.

usaffarmer
03-05-08, 23:54
not to be an a**hole but that is a "scope" that goes on to airsoft guns right?

MassMark
03-06-08, 08:30
Look - adequate optics are not rocket science. High end, durable, well made optics are. Somewhere between Braiska and Schmidt Bender, there's a middle ground of adequate, acceptable optics that can hold zero and last decades. I have made successful forays into the middle ground and there's no reason why someone who purchases a Trophy 1x32 should be relegated by others into the "Airsoft Class".

I have been on both ends of the spectrum and have been lucky I guess. I put a cheap rubber armored 3-9x40 Simmons Scope on my HK93A2 in 1986 and it's still there, holds zero and has witnessed 10's of thousands of rounds...I also have an old Schmidt Bender on my HK91 - superb scope. The last 14,000 rounds I shot out of my beloved Colt AR-15 HBAR were with a $39.99 Eurolux 4x Colt copy mounted on my removable carry handle. I had a Swift 3-18 on the flat top which also was a great scope, but took it off for the last batch of Malaysian to have some fun. Sight picture was sharp as a tack, bullet drop compensator was sublime and after spending years in and out of my range bag, it was still working like a charm. Now I have a Trijicon Tripower - paid $450.00 for it and love it. Out of the "big three" that I tested, it was my favorite. Between it and the LaRue mount, I have over $600.00 invested and would do it again in a heartbeat. It has sat atop my SOCOM-16 for 10,000 rounds and is still going strong. It will be finding a new home on my coming AR-build.

The moral of the story? Buy the best optics you can afford, but don't be afraid to think outside the box - you may be surprised what diamonds you'll find in the rough. At the same time, don't be surprised if that Aimpoint knock-off you got off of E-bay goes down on you when you need it most. There is room in the middle and by the looks of things that Bushnell may well serve you well....Let us know how it goes.

curries103
03-06-08, 17:28
Thanks Mark for your insight. I'll post feedback on it when I get it mounted.

Scott

Ron S.
04-23-08, 22:38
I love this sight. I've been using one on my Bushmaster M4A3 for a while now, and I find it extremely accurate out to around 300 yds. Very nice, fine dot, and the switchable red and green is lovely. Battery life is great. I accidentally left mine on (new batteries, used for a couple hours that day) on a Sunday evening and didn't go back to it until Thursday morning. It was a bit dimmer (I guess they were beginning to fade) but I could still use it. That, I like. Obviously, it also matters what brightness you use it at.

I paid too much ($170 or so), but I find it to be a fine sight, and not just for "beginners". Doesn't look half bad, either!

Magsz
04-25-08, 12:12
This one looks promising for a budget scope.

Even has built in irons like the more expensive ACOGS.

http://www.opticsplanet.net/bushnell-trophy-1x32-riflescope-730132p.html

I wonder how it will hold up over time.

Ron S.
04-26-08, 16:11
not to be an a**hole but that is a "scope" that goes on to airsoft guns right?

No sir. It is a hunting scope, technically.