PDA

View Full Version : Clarification on rails with permanent FH

cslone
02-24-10, 21:31
I've got a BCM 14.5" upper with A2X FH. Right now it's got a Troy DI 7" rail. I was considering chopping the FSB to go to a 10"+ rail in the future. If it's something I do at home, I would need a 2 piece freefloat handguard like the DD Omega, Troy MRF(or Midwest Industries 2pc FF) .........is that correct?

Thanks.

tip2oo3
02-24-10, 23:49
You would need to look at a rail that uses the barrel nut that's already installed on your carbine. For example a Daniel Defense Lite rail has it's own barrel nut to replace your existing nut. You would need to remove the flash hider, then your gas system to get the Barrel Nuts changed. With that being said you could send your upper to ADCO and have them do the work for you- $40 for removal and another $30 for installation of a new flash hider plus the price of a new hider and that's just for the flash hider work. My recommendation would be a daniel defense omega rail. I've had the 7 and 9 in. models and they are very durable and well made.

tip2oo3
02-24-10, 23:52
Also for your reference if you decide to go with an OMEGA the inner diameter is alot smaller than the LITE. You would have to shave quite a bit off the FSB. I'd also recommend ADCO if you don't want to do it yourself. The cost is $30 and you'll have to specify it is for an OMEGA