PDA

View Full Version : Will it fit!?

michschi
02-24-10, 22:27
I already ordered the Magpul rear MBUS. And I was on LaRue website looking at this mount LaRue Tactical SPR-S QD Mount LT-158 and now I don't know if the sight will fit under the scope. Does anyone know!????

Luke_Y
02-25-10, 06:20
Doubt it, some won’t even fit under the 104.

ETA- You are aware that the 158 has a 10 MOA base also? They don’t make that clear in the description.

michschi
02-25-10, 09:20
Doubt it, some won’t even fit under the 104.

ETA- You are aware that the 158 has a 10 MOA base also? They don’t make that clear in the description.

Does anyone know which one it would fit under

Luke_Y
02-25-10, 13:27
Well, it may fit under a LT-135. But, at that point you are pushing your primary optic up higher than optimal just to accommodate a BUIS that will see seldom use.

Let’s start over. What rifle? What optic? What application?

The Troy or KAC BUIS would be good choices to try for a fit under a LT-104...

michschi
02-25-10, 14:06
Well, it may fit under a LT-135. But, at that point you are pushing your primary optic up higher than optimal just to accommodate a BUIS that will see seldom use.

Let’s start over. What rifle? What optic? What application?

The Troy or KAC BUIS would be good choices to try for a fit under a LT-104...

The rifle will be a 18" bcm and the Scope will be a Leupold mark ar 4x12, and the stock will be a magpul prs. Thanks for any advice

Luke_Y
02-25-10, 14:41
OK, I would go with a LT-104 and a Troy or KAC BUIS. They would fit under the optic in that mount. And that mount would put your optic at an ideal height. A couple other BUIS might fit as well, but I think the MBUS would be a no-go.

Now if you can't cancel/change the MBUS order, don't have another rig to put it on, or are just set on using it. The LT-135 would likely clear it with that scope, and the PRS should allow you to raise your cheek weld to the proper height. The whole assembly would just be unnecessarily tall. It just wouldn't be the ideal set up for ME- YMMV

michschi
02-25-10, 15:15
Ok I have decided, I cancelled my order with magpul and will have to return the front one, I will order the FDE troy LaRue buis. Thanks LUKE