PDA

View Full Version : Leupold or Millett 1-4x scope

cschwanz
02-24-10, 23:29
Been doing some research on low power scopes for my upcoming (and finally on order) AR-15. I want something 1-4ish powered for short range use in 3gun and some short range varmint hunting. I've pretty much got it down to these two, but would of course be willing to look at others in the same price range.

Option 1:

http://www.sinclairintl.com/product/8893/1-12x-Scopes

Option 2:

http://www.millettsights.com/scopes/dms/

Who has used either/both of these? As stated, looking for an intro to 3gun scope/close range varmint optic. I don't want to look at something outside the $200-300 range for the time being.

Put yourself in my shoes and pick one :)

danish
02-26-10, 10:08
I used that very same Leupold for three-gun when I started doing it five years ago and wish I had never got rid of it. From what I heard, isn't the VX-II line being discontinued?? I have a Millet and it's going bye-bye (for a VX-III) as soon as I get the new one back from Bushnell (they bought out Millet). I have been thru two Millets in the last year due to poor craftsmanship and the customer service is beyond horrible. Get the Leupold and don't look back...:)

cschwanz
02-26-10, 12:15
I used that very same Leupold for three-gun when I started doing it five years ago and wish I had never got rid of it. From what I heard, isn't the VX-II line being discontinued?? I have a Millet and it's going bye-bye (for a VX-III) as soon as I get the new one back from Bushnell (they bought out Millet). I have been thru two Millets in the last year due to poor craftsmanship and the customer service is beyond horrible. Get the Leupold and don't look back...:)

seems to be the consensus from other places im getting info from as well. iev always grown up on leupolds, but the reticle on the Millett intrigued me. My buddy just bought the Leupold Im lookin at so im gonna check his out and that should maek up my mind :)

Bimmer
02-26-10, 22:15
I'm a big fan of Nikon. I'd look at their new range of 1-4x "African" scopes...

Bimmer

Velvetant
03-01-10, 14:28
I have two of those Leupolds and they are my favorite scopes for 90% of my shooting

Pilgrim
03-01-10, 16:16
I'm a big fan of Nikon. I'd look at their new range of 1-4x "African" scopes...

Bimmer

Me too.

I'm using the Leupold VXII 1x4 myself right now.

It's working pretty good... but then I saw that new Nikon 1-4x20 with a German #4 reticule... I'd get the Nikon now.

kmrtnsn
03-01-10, 20:08
The Burris XTR-14 1-4X isn't a whole lot more than these two and is a much better scope.