PDA

View Full Version : VLTOR to produce a CASV for the FAL, but no rifle-length AR CASV?

crazymoose
02-25-10, 00:16
I think the title conveys my incredulity. Just saw on militarymorons that VLTOR is going to produce a CASV rail for the FAL. Don't get me wrong, the FAL is an awesome rifle, and I'm glad to see some really high quality kit being developed for it. However, I can't imagine the tactical FAL market is anywhere near as large as the market of those of us who want a rifle-length CASV for ARs, especially given the revival of the "dissipator" trend with FF rails.

Am I alone in thinking this?

NCPatrolAR
02-25-10, 00:21
I think the title conveys my incredulity. Just saw on militarymorons that VLTOR is going to produce a CASV rail for the FAL. Don't get me wrong, the FAL is an awesome rifle, and I'm glad to see some really high quality kit being developed for it. However, I can't imagine the tactical FAL market is anywhere near as large as the market of those of us who want a rifle-length CASV for ARs, especially given the revival of the "dissipator" trend with FF rails.

Am I alone in thinking this?

I bet that thing would weigh a ton.

crazymoose
02-25-10, 04:51
Thing that always surprises me about the CASV rails is how light they are, given how big they look. The mid-length model weighs 14.3 oz. The DD Lite mid comes in at 11 oz., for comparison, and the LaRue mid is just shy of 14 oz.

glen
02-25-10, 05:42
When I was researching on what rail to get I was considering the CASV, but I wanted a longer rail to get my hand out. I initially thought there would probably be a rifle CASV because most everyone who makes carbine rails makes rifle rails.

I would have seriously considered a rifle length CASV! You're not alone. :D

Artos
02-25-10, 06:41
I would have seriously considered a rifle length CASV! You're not alone. :D

nope, not alone...i think it would sell as well.

KalashniKEV
02-25-10, 07:49
I can't imagine the tactical FAL market is anywhere near as large as the market of those of us who want a rifle-length CASV for ARs...

Maybe VLTOR is gonna set it off...

Next we'll see MAGPUL scrambling to catch up and offering MOE-styled furniture sets, and then Larue will start making FAL rails...

:D