PDA

View Full Version : What Lower do I want?

Harv
07-12-06, 19:19
OK, I got one of Pauls Most excellent BCM Uppers coming to sit on my Trusty Bushmaster lower. That leaves me with a flat top upper for which to build my SPR. I just cannot get off the fence on what lower to buy.

I want to have a decent trigger in it. Perhaps the RRA NM 2 -stage.
I have heard rumor of a Gieselle unadjustable 2 stage in the works in the $150 price range.

I'm not a builder and don't really want to be. Ideally I would love to buy the lower with all the parts and the trigger I want all ready installed. What Should I do??

Cold Zero
07-12-06, 19:43
i vote for a colt 6920 lower...

M4arc
07-12-06, 20:57
Good luck getting a RRA 2 Stage trigger to work in a 6920 (large FCG pins) Honestly, I'd just contact ADCO and have him build you a RRA lower with the trigger you want in it from the get go.

Cold Zero
07-12-06, 21:13
i am thinking colt 6920 with a colt competition trigger.

dubb-1
07-12-06, 22:37
I can't imagine anyone that has ever spent time wringing out a Geissele trigger, turning around and recommending anything else.

Cold Zero
07-13-06, 05:28
I can't imagine anyone that has ever spent time wringing out a Geissele trigger, turning around and recommending anything else.

i have never tried one, maybe i am missing out...

SuicideHz
07-13-06, 09:25
I'll tell you what I really want- a Noveske lower marked SAFE, SEMI and AUTO but they haven't gotten back to me with a date on when they will be running another batch...

Are you just looking for best quality or best for use in SPR configuration?

The Daniel Defense looks like a nice piece as well as the Sun Devil that Stickman can get you through John at Rainier Arms. The Sund Devil is Billet and I think the DD may be as well. Don't quote me on that...

M4arc
07-13-06, 09:59
I'll tell you what I really want- a Noveske lower marked SAFE, SEMI and AUTO but they haven't gotten back to me with a date on when they will be running another batch...

Are you just looking for best quality or best for use in SPR configuration?

The Daniel Defense looks like a nice piece as well as the Sun Devil that Stickman can get you through John at Rainier Arms. The Sund Devil is Billet and I think the DD may be as well. Don't quote me on that...

Mr Noveske posted that they will not be doing stripped lowers any more but that he has a batch of complete lowers soon.

I have a Sun Devil and it's really nice!

M4arc
07-13-06, 10:00
i am thinking colt 6920 with a colt competition trigger.

Oh, yes...that would be sweet :)

Harv
07-13-06, 20:30
I guess I'm looking for the next best thing to a Colt. I see CMMG has some nice lower deals withLPks along with LMT lowers. I may go the LMT route based on their rep and the price seems good.

M4arc
07-13-06, 20:35
I guess I'm looking for the next best thing to a Colt. I see CMMG has some nice lower deals withLPks along with LMT lowers. I may go the LMT route based on their rep and the price seems good.

LMTs are good, I have a couple of them, Dinger has a couple and Grant has at least one and they've all been 100%. Between all the ones we own they've probably seen a dozen classes and who knows how many rounds. I highly recommend LMTs, they're good stuff.

BravoCompanyUSA
07-13-06, 21:20
I would have to vote for the LMT lower or a Stag Lower.
I would go for the assembled model, both use a good quality lower parts kit, and both use the mil-spec receiver extention.

LMT stakes their reciever end plate, Stag does not - but you can fix that in about 5 seconds.

Then just add the trigger groups of your choice.

DM1975
07-15-06, 10:29
Good luck getting a RRA 2 Stage trigger to work in a 6920 (large FCG pins) Honestly, I'd just contact ADCO and have him build you a RRA lower with the trigger you want in it from the get go.

RRA Makes their NM triggers in standard and large pin.

Cold Zero
07-15-06, 10:47
the question and timing of this are good, as i have a friend trying to decide the same thing right now.

i contacted bravo co. early this week and they will not be offering a lower in the short term.

if a colt lower is out, o.k. then i vote for an l.m.t. maybe someone could start posting prices for comparision purposes? would an l.m.t. be cheaper than a colt?

harv, is price a consideration? let us know what you decide on.

so far i have had a bushmaster and a colt (6520) lowers shit the bed on me. for some reason, i do not have good luck with lowers...

M4arc
07-15-06, 10:52
RRA Makes their NM triggers in standard and large pin.

I stand corrected!

Good info, thanks for pointing that out.

DM1975
07-15-06, 10:56
Any time. I have the standard pin version of the trigger and love it. I am sure there are better out there but for the money the RRA is great.

Cold Zero
07-15-06, 11:01
i checked noveski's web site and do not see any lower listed for sale, only uppers. is he still selling just the lower?:confused:

DM1975
07-15-06, 11:09
I believe it is stated above that he is no longer going to be selling stripped lowers, but could have some built lowers soon.

Pat_Rogers
07-15-06, 11:24
Pat H- check your PM on 10-8

cheaptrick
07-15-06, 12:11
Fellas.
I have been looking at Global Tactical's complete lower assembly. CMT??

I would assume it would have a standard single stage trigger with that?

Thanks.

DM1975
07-15-06, 12:17
I have three Global Tactical lowers, CMT does make them and they are pretty good quality. I think if you get an assembled lower you can get pretty much whatever trigger you want with it. Just talk to Denny, he will work with what you want on it.

cheaptrick
07-15-06, 12:34
I have three Global Tactical lowers, CMT does make them and they are pretty good quality. I think if you get an assembled lower you can get pretty much whatever trigger you want with it. Just talk to Denny, he will work with what you want on it.

Standard single stage is fine.

I had a LMT 2 stage once and liked it. But, a single stage would be OK.

Thanks for your comments, DM1975.

Harv
07-18-06, 21:54
Well Kids.. I took the plunge and I have a new LMT Complete Lower with 2stage LMT trigger and an Installed MIAD OD colored grip on the way. I decided to spend a little more and get something that I know I will be happy with. Would I have been happy with the Stag or CMT?? I'm sure, but every time I look at that damn Deer head on my gun I would regret it...;) .
And I trust LMT and all the parts they put in to the lower and I know their a stand up company that produces good stuff.

Now to start slowly piecing my SPR together........... a part here... a part there..

TigerStripe
07-18-06, 23:59
I have one of the SunDevils and love it. I don't think any of the above mentioned are in any way bad lowers. 'cept Colt.

TS

Josh-L
07-19-06, 16:53
Good choice Harv. I have had 6 different lowers I think and my favorite is my Noveske with an LMT close behind. The finish on these were WAY better than my DPMS, RRA or Bushy. My dept. issued Bushy has pits and crap all over it from the factory.

I've never heard of these Sun Devil lowers. Does anyone have a link?

cheaptrick
07-19-06, 17:43
I've never heard of these Sun Devil lowers. Does anyone have a link?

These guys sell them.

http://www.rainierarms.com/?page=shop/detail&product_id=122

SuicideHz
07-20-06, 12:34
I'd like one of the Noveske lowers regardless of whether it was complete or not. As long as it is marked S-S-A. S-F would do if that's all they are ever going to make...

I just can't afford to buy one of their complete rifles and I've already got a nice SS WOA midlength in an LMT upper to slap on it...

knightsar
07-21-06, 10:33
Fellas.

Thanks.

Just picked one up myself but I assembled it with a parts kit myself. Denny is great to deal with and great guy.

Beren
07-29-06, 07:49
Aside from the logo, what has been your collective experience with Stag lowers?

I have two early Stag lowers, both are below S/N 625. One remains stripped and rests in the safe, waiting for Paul's 20" BCM Upper Receiver Groups so I can build an A4 clone. I registered the other as a SBR on a Form 1.

One of them doesn't fit "flush" with any upper. It's as though the lower receiver is "shallow" towards the front left side and allows the upper receiver to hang over. There doesn't seem to be any functional impact so I ignore it.

Beren
07-29-06, 09:12
Picture of the slight overhang. Not really a big deal, just curious whether anyone else has seen this.

http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/2010/overhangqy4.th.jpg (http://img207.imageshack.us/my.php?image=overhangqy4.jpg)

svtar15
08-03-06, 12:39
I have had great luck with Doublestar lowers. I have two of them myself. I put our 2 stage trigger in them and they work great.

Derek_Connor
08-03-06, 15:34
Not to get off topic, but Doublestar/J&T is a company that doesnt get enough press. I have one of their carbines that has been converted from post-ban status, 7k rounds in over a year, a Hackathorn Carbine and a Rogers Carbine class, numerous competitions, and borderline neglect/abuse.

Not a single malfunction to date (using good mags and ammo of course)

2-thumbs up to J&T/DS.

hipower
10-09-06, 17:23
Of the 5 lowers I have I like the Lauer lower the best followed by the Ameetech Lower...

1. Lauer (CMT parts kit)
2. Ameetech
3. Oly (nice don't know what the LPK is)
4. DPMS (DPMS parts felt gritty at first after 1000 rounds trigger is smooth)
5. Vulcan Carbon Fiber (awfull but I got it at a good price! 50.00)

Todd.K
10-09-06, 20:43
We have safe-semi-auto lowers, you will need an SOT+law letter or dept. leterhead to get one though....

We are out of semi lowers right now, a lot went to Cali. When we have more they'll go back on our site.

Todd

WILDBILL
10-17-06, 00:58
What dealers sell Doublestar lowers?

docsprague
10-17-06, 12:31
Fellas.

Thanks.

The Global Tactical lower are nice. They are made by stag but you dont have to look at the deer. Also they are marked semi and safe so you could always have someone put auto on it. The two I bought were stripped but GTS will put a CMT parts kit and probably any trigger you want in it.

If you want the whole package I would also recomend LMT with the SOPMOD and the LMT two stage. I have one of those as well and love it. The LMT two stage is really nice, better than the RRA IMO.

BSHNT2015
10-23-06, 00:09
http://www.rainierarms.com/?page=shop/detail&product_id=121

http://www.commtechreview.net/firearms/megalwr.htm

Have you looked at Mega from Rainier Arms? Its got a great finish on it.

POF-USA
10-23-06, 00:45
OK, I got one of Pauls Most excellent BCM Uppers coming to sit on my Trusty Bushmaster lower. That leaves me with a flat top upper for which to build my SPR. I just cannot get off the fence on what lower to buy.

I want to have a decent trigger in it. Perhaps the RRA NM 2 -stage.
I have heard rumor of a Gieselle unadjustable 2 stage in the works in the $150 price range.

I'm not a builder and don't really want to be. Ideally I would love to buy the lower with all the parts and the trigger I want all ready installed. What Should I do??

You may want to try something new. :D

http://pof-usa.com/lower_receiver/DSC0256872.JPG
P-415 - GEN II
BILLET MACHINED 7075-T6 LOWERS FROM POF-USA.

NOW AVAILABLE: (FFL DEALERS ONLY)

P-415 - GEN I & P-416 - GEN II, ARE BOTH SEMI AUTO LOWERS,
WITH OVERSIZED TRIGGER FOR USE WITH GLOVES.
THE PICTURE ALSO SHOW A NEW DROP-IN TRIGGER GROUP (AVAILABLE IN NOVEMBER).

BEST REGARDS,

PATRIOT ORDNANCE FACTORY (http://WWW.POF-USA.COM)

PS: GOOD LUCK, YOU HAVE MANY CHOICES TO PICK FROM.