PDA

View Full Version : glock trigger

matt86
02-25-10, 14:26
I've noticed a lot of people prefer the smooth trigger to serated in the 19. What's the difference?

operator81
02-25-10, 14:43
You just said it. One is smooth the other is serrated. I prefer smooth, as more of your finger comes into contact with the face of the trigger. I also find that = less irritation after a long firing session. As for trigger pull/reset, there is no difference.

Sparky5019
02-25-10, 15:46
I have a G22 and G23 and I prefer a smooth trigger that is light with a crisp break and reset!:D:D:D

Sparky

jp0319
02-25-10, 20:42
agreed I prefer smooth too, I either replace the serrated trigger with a smooth or take a dremel to the serrated one and sand out the serrations.

Deputy91
02-26-10, 07:41
The serrated (target) trigger was put on the 19 so that it could earn enough BATF points to be imported into the us. The Trigger assembly form the 17 is smooth and is a drop in replacement.

-Mike.

556A2
02-26-10, 14:45
The smooth trigger was the best thing I ever added to my G19.

DacoRoman
02-26-10, 21:37
I've been shooting lots of Glock lately, both 17's and 19's and I have noticed that it is more effortless to achieve a neutral trigger pull while shooting the 19. The frame ergos may be the culprit, but it almost seems like the serrated trigger helps me achieve a neutral trigger pull easier than the smooth trigger, but then again I haven't put a smooth trigger in the 19, and it may be the frame. Well the 19's shoot so well for me that I've been afraid to change anything, and I've left the serrated trigger on there. I took a pistol course where I shot around 650 rounds or so, maybe more, I lost count, with a 19 and the serrations didn't bother me at all, but I had developed a bit of a callous on my trigger finger prior, ironically from shooting a 3rd Gen G17 who's trigger safety really punished the tip of my trigger finger (I was coming off shooting a lot of USP and 1911 in SA and was using the very tip of my finger) before I changed my technique and went back to using more of the pad as I found that it worked better with the Glocks. Anyway, try both and see what you like, and also see which trigger gives you a more neutral trigger pull. You can always get used to the serrations and get enough callous were you won't even notice the serrations.