PDA

View Full Version : Confessions of a Married Man (W/Children)

C4IGrant
04-13-07, 13:16
Ok, it is time to come clean and admit things that we would NEVER utter in public. I have some guilty confessions to make that I am not proud of, but they are true.

I believe I am not alone in this and there are many other husbands and fathers out there that have done the same things I have. So let us repent together and acknowledge what we have done.

Childrens shows that I either sing along with and or have watched:

Dora
Barney
Baby Einstein

"Wife" shows that I have gotten sucked into and cannot escape (resistance is futile)

Gray's anatomy
Smallville
American Idol
So you think you can dance
Dancing with the stars

I ask that my brothers in arms to forgive me for what I have done (watched). I am now off to ride my ATV and shoot something in disgust. :eek:

C4

Jay Cunningham
04-13-07, 13:33
I don't have kids but I have a wife who constantly watches TV. I've been vacuum-dragged into Reba and Smallville.

I leave the room when Dancing With the Stars or Ghey's Anatomy comes on, however.

Bolt_Overide
04-13-07, 13:49
+1 on smallville.. I got sucked into it on my last iraq trip, someone was passing around season 1 and 2 on dvd and the rest... history.

M4arc
04-13-07, 13:54

- Backyardigans
- Wonderpets

"Wife" shows that I have gotten sucked into and cannot escape (resistance is futile)

Grey's Anatomy

"Husband" shows that I have gotten the "wife" sucked into and she cannot escape (resistance is futile)

Deadliest Catch

Shihan
04-13-07, 15:03
I have to admit I have become my wifes bitch and watch American Idol.
I wont tell my age but im way to old for the baby my younger wife and I have and now I watch the Wiggles daily and know all of the damn songs!

DrMark
04-13-07, 15:16

- The Wiggles
- Hannah Montana

- American Idol :(

"Wife/Children" shows that I have gotten sucked into

- Little House on the Prairie (reruns)

"Husband" shows that I have gotten the "wife" sucked into and she cannot escape (resistance is futile)

- Battlestar Galactica

"Daddy" shows that I have gotten the "kids" sucked into

- Speed Racer (DVD)

Shows that the wife and I have somehow gotten sucked into

- Lost

UVvis
04-13-07, 15:30

Veggie tales and Blues clues here. Only, I have no kids, but am married....

C4IGrant
04-13-07, 15:37

Veggie tales and Blues clues here. Only, I have no kids, but am married....

Am down with VT and BC's. I have an excuse though, you on the other hand have issues! :D

C4

UVvis
04-13-07, 15:44
Am down with VT and BC's. I have an excuse though, you on the other hand have issues! :D
C4

Come on!

I believe in setting my goals as low as possible. That way, if I don't achieve them, I don't feel to bad about it. So Blues Clues is a fall back self esteem enhancer.

And veggie tales is just funny to me, and really makes me hungry for salads.

Ok, maybe I do have issues.... :eek:

Dozer
04-13-07, 15:57
Forgive me brothers for I too have sinned. In the last seven years as a husband and father I have commited the following "sins".

First concert:
The Wiggles

Kids' shows:
The Wiggles
Dora the Explorer
Diego
Any Spiderman cartoon for my boy

Wife's shows:
ER
What about Brian

As an attempt for redemption I have done the following,

Shows I sucked my wife into:
Mail call
Future Weapons
UF 5
any UFC ppv

Following Grant's example I am going to make a trip to the range and shoot both my rifle and pistol until either I am out of rounds or my hands are too sore to continue.

S/F
Libardo

Seth Harness
04-13-07, 17:16
Yes, for I to have no shame.

Kids;
Dora... HOLY CRAP Dora, all the time, on tv, on dvd, on video, dora live.
If its not dora its spongbob Squarepants. :D

Wife;
American idol, I hate that show.
Oh yeah and Scrubs :rolleyes:

Me;
I got everybody interested in Future Weapons though, so it all works out.

HAHA Good thread.

Barry in IN
04-13-07, 17:29
FINE! Yes, I've done it!
I'm a stay-home Dad. I have to take a training class to be around adults for three days once or twice a year.

I've sung along to kid's shows, but the songs on Noggin between shows (that are performed by what I'm guessing are unsuccessful rockers) are the ones that get me most. Speaking of Noggin, their commercials with the adults singing the Franklin theme in the elevator cracks me up.

Wonder Pets and Oswald are good for getting a song stuck in my head all day, but I do tend to change the lyrics some...

Watching wife shows? No. My wife doesn't watch any. She usually has HGTV on. She used to watch ER some, but as a hospital pharmacist she got sick of all the errors.

DrMark
04-13-07, 17:29

Veggie Tales and Blues clues here. Only, I have no kids, but am married....

Veggie Tales is good stuff.

C4IGrant
04-13-07, 17:46
FINE! Yes, I've done it!
I'm a stay-home Dad. I have to take a training class to be around adults for three days once or twice a year.

I've sung along to kid's shows, but the songs on Noggin between shows (that are performed by what I'm guessing are unsuccessful rockers) are the ones that get me most. Speaking of Noggin, their commercials with the adults singing the Franklin theme in the elevator cracks me up.

Wonder Pets and Oswald are good for getting a song stuck in my head all day, but I do tend to change the lyrics some...

Watching wife shows? No. My wife doesn't watch any. She usually has HGTV on. She used to watch ER some, but as a hospital pharmacist she got sick of all the errors.

Speaking of Noggin, ever watch the video of Lisa Loeb singing "Catch the Moon?" Or how about "Victor Vito?" Good stuff!

That DAMN Franklin song just keeps comming back into my head! "Here's Franklin".........

Don't know what I am talking about? Check these out: http://www.noggin.com/shows/movemusic.php

C4

Barry in IN
04-13-07, 18:07
Speaking of Noggin, ever watch the video of Lisa Loeb singing "Catch the Moon?" Or how about "Victor Vito?" Good stuff!
C4

Yes...I...Have.

rob_s
04-13-07, 18:07
The GF has sucked me in to 3 shows, and I don't really mind in any case:
24 - fun gunplay
Lost - hot chicks mud wrestling
Deperate Housewives - MILFs!

Her son 9 year old watches a ton of TV, and while a couple of shows I don't mind watching, I don't watch religiously. The less than annoying shows:
Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends
Some show with a kid named Billy and Death

I won't have anything to do with the following, you figure out which ones are the GF and which ones are the kid"
Grey's Anatomy
House
Jimmy Neutron
Fairly Oddparents

I did manage to get the GF hooked on reruns of Six Feet Under (if you can overlook the gay buttsex, it was a good show), and her and the kid like Dirty Jobs and Mythbusters, and she tolerates UFC.

VA_Dinger
04-13-07, 18:22
I get zapped with these four every week.

Gray's anatomy
American Idol
Dancing with the stars
Lost

I can handle Lost even though I have no idea what’s going on. I leave the room for the other three or just read a book.

My daughters are all pre-teen so I cannot even be in the same room with their shows. I look just long enough to make sure it’s not too stupid, sexual, or ethnic . Then I quickly get the hell out of dodge.

FinalFusion
04-13-07, 18:30
Ha Ha, finally got my wife into that after the first season!....lol

- Backyardigans
- Wonderpets

Grey's Anatomy

Deadliest Catch

Petey
04-13-07, 18:33
As I type this, I am also watching Firemam Sam with my son. Kill Me and do it fast.:D

LukeMacGillie
04-13-07, 19:36

- Hannah Montana

Thanksgiving 2010 she will be legal:eek:

DrMark
04-13-07, 21:16
Thanksgiving 2010 she will be legal:eek:
:eek:

LOL

scooter
04-13-07, 21:36
I must be old.....mine were
Bugs bunny
Yosimite Sam ( I hates dragons)
Daffy duck and
Wile E. Coyote:rolleyes:

tinman44
04-13-07, 21:52
First concert:
The Wiggles

FOR SHAME!!!1!!!one!!!!

QuietShootr
04-13-07, 22:09
Ok, it is time to come clean and admit things that we would NEVER utter in public. I have some guilty confessions to make that I am not proud of, but they are true.

I believe I am not alone in this and there are many other husbands and fathers out there that have done the same things I have. So let us repent together and acknowledge what we have done.

Dora
Barney
Baby Einstein

Gray's anatomy
Smallville
American Idol
So you think you can dance
Dancing with the stars

I ask that my brothers in arms to forgive me for what I have done (watched). I am now off to ride my ATV and shoot something in disgust. :eek:

C4

My wife watches Dancing with the Stars, and until they kicked off that Shandi Hennessey, it wasn't too bad on the eyes. Jebus, what a pair of legs!

trio
04-13-07, 23:01
Ok fellas...no offense, but you need to reimpose your will some here...

EDIT: I should also add I am a stay at home Dad...so i guess if I hadnt imposed my will more I would have shot myself by now

I too am married with 2 boys (ages 5 and 1)...

i FREAKING HATE Dora and the wiggles and all those things...

From a very young age I bought my son the animated Batman, Superman, and Justice League series...as a comic book nut I was fine with those....he watched Dora too and that stuff some too, but he has a playroom, and that was "his time"....when he watch stuff with Dad...it was the superheroes...the Teen Titans were good for this too...as an aside, now that he is 5 there are good Chapter books out there for the reading skills...

Of the more "educational" ones, i think the one I liked the best was Clifford...

His FIRST CONCERT was....THE DAVE MATTHEWS BAND....he has his own ipod with DMB, U2, REM etc on it....my cousiin had a son about 4 months before mine and was always downloading the wiggles and stuff...to HELL with that...Jack listens to Bruce and the Beatles and Hendrix...and does so happily...I will take him back to Dave this summer (its outdoor...so I can keep him away from the potheads and the contact buzz...)

As far as TV shows....my wife and I every week watch

Friday Night Lights (good mix of football and chick stuff)
Smallville (this cant be a total chick show, its about Superman)
Battlestar Galactica
Jericho
Heroes
(we are through season 4 in 24, i have all of season 6 TIVOed, we are working to catch up)

she loves these shows as much, if not more, as I do...especially Battlestar...and 24...

And we have now started watching the Deadliest Catch as well, and it has been added to the Tivo, at her request...

I have never, and will never, watch: American Idol, Survivor, Dancing with whomever, Desperate Housewives, Grey's Anatomy, etc etc etc....

I do like My Name is Earl...and I watch Scrubs...but she wouldnt watch any of that stuff either...in fact I think she hates it more than i do...she calls me all the time because woman at her work wont shutup about that stuff...and then asks when we can watch another disc of 24....of course I clean and cook for her a lot too...i guess after 9 years of marriage we have each other pretty well trained....

Second edit: having said all that....I understand....time with kids and wife are invaluable...i would probaby gladly choke down watching Emmitt Smith dance (and I am a lifelong Redskins fan) so I could laugh about it with my wife...

rob_s
04-14-07, 05:26
I glaldly watch desperate housewives just like I gladly watched Sex & the City. I only wish that housewives was an HBO program so we'd get a little boobie action!:D

JAYTEAM
04-14-07, 17:22
Does it offset all of your transgretions that I have turned Mrs Jayteam into a UFC addict?

Jay

sjauch
04-15-07, 08:56
Wow, I feel sorry for you guys. :confused:

HAMMERDROP
04-15-07, 09:38
No kids so I cant relate... but I hear you guys have fun and should you are entitled. IMHO Fathers are the best part of a parental unit they teach autonomy and independence and more often than not what the word 'NO' means on the other hand I'd watch their Mothers, on Mondays and Tuesdays ALL the Women I work with are trying to give away their kids (LOL) so I imagine its a nationwide occurance...of course there are no takers.
American Idol is strictly Verbotten in my living room sorry Simon but you suck and I wont mar my TV's picture tube with your repressed mug, so as far as getting sucked in I'll admit I have pushed the 'record' button for my Wife who teaches PSR class at a local Church on the nights American Midol is on so she can watch it when she comes home, on the TV in the back bedroom !!
I will not apologize American Idol is a bone of contention around here but I have prevailed with ammo to spare !
I carry the torch ... be strong fight for your rights to watch the Military Channel, Weaponology and Shooting Gallery and then joyously sing along with the boys from platoon 2032 and they sing M-I-C-K-E-Y M-O-U-S-E at the end of Full Metal Jacket. Its what we do ...but I understand.

Michael George

trio
04-15-07, 09:40
bah, dont feel sorry for me...I LOVE my life...i have a wife who I have known for 20 years, and have been married to for 9, and I still find new and fun things out about her....

I have two fantastic kids....my oldest son played in his first competitive soccer game ever yesterday...it was awesome...he scored the only goal his team had (they arent very good, but they are 5)....and you can already tell he is athletically going to be pretty damn gifted....

I chose this life.....you could offer me being single again as a millionaire and i wouldnt take it.....not now, not ever...

I feel sorry for people that dont have this....

uranus
04-15-07, 12:08
I have been married for 16 years and have three daughters, ages 10, 4 and 4.

CHILDREN'S SHOWS THAT I WATCH WITH MY KIDS:

Zoboomafoo (nature/animal show), Discovery channel nature shows, Barbie videos (can't bear the look of disappointment if I don't say yes).

SHOWS THAT MY WIFE THINKS THAT I ENJOY WATCHING WITH HER:

Deal or No Deal, American Idol

SHOWS THAT WE ENJOY WATCHING TOGETHER:

Red Sox (she never misses a game, thanks to DVR), N.E. Patriots (same), Law and Order, FOX News

SHOWS THAT SHE DOESN'T EXPECT ME TO WATCH WITH HER BECAUSE I WATCH THOSE LISTED ABOVE:

America's Next Top Model, The Bachelor, CSI ANYTHING, Dancing with the Stars, The Great Race, Survivor, GREY'S ANATOMY (Grant, how could you?) :D

uranus
04-15-07, 12:20
...i would probaby gladly choke down watching Emmitt Smith dance (and I am a lifelong Redskins fan) so I could laugh about it with my wife...

Actually, I watched Emmitt dance on the final episode last season. He lost about twenty pounds training in the competition, and he is a terrific dancer (if you are like Grant and like that sort of thing). :D

My wife knew that he was a retired football player but not that he was THE football player.

BTW, Cheri Mahovsky, formerly of Mahovsky's Metalife, the hard-chrome plating and gunsmithing service, is an accomplished ballroom dancer and opened her own studio. Maybe guns and dancing do mix.

Low Drag
04-15-07, 13:17
I've got you all beat.

I just got a new house and I'm about "window treatment" and "bed room set" out! I can't take it any more. The hell of it is if I don't go look with her she'll come home with something that'll cause a huge fight or I'll have to live with flowers and such and keep my mouth shut.

C4IGrant
04-15-07, 13:24
Wow, I feel sorry for you guys. :confused:

Don't feel so bad for us Steve, we all feel sorry for you as well! ;)

Comments heard coming from Steve at Pat Rogers class at Quantico

"Dude, that is chick is HOT!" Uh Steve, that's a DUDE!

"Look at the hot girl by the pool!" Uh Steve, that girl is 14!

C4

Batt 57
04-15-07, 14:06
You guys make me sick....

My sons watch Mail Call and Future Weapons.

:D :D :D :D

9x19
04-15-07, 15:43
I don't watch any of that stuff that other women seem to like, but then I never have fit that profile. I admit to watching enough of the last Dancing with the Stars episode to see Emmitt dance, and that was only because Fox News mentioned that he was a finalist. As a Cowboy fan, I had to watch.

Of all of the shows mentioned in this thread, I watch 24, Futureweapons, House (used to watch it; the first season was best before they tried to make House a nicer guy), and Warner Bros. cartoons.

We don't have children, so I don't know any of those children's shows. :)

Mark/MO
04-15-07, 15:59
I have 3 children, a boy nearly 16 and twin girls 10. As one might imagine, their tastes in televison differ greatly.

My son and I will often watch Mail Call together. He also enjoys Future Weapons, DeadliestCatch and any History Channel documentary. The girl's tastes run more toward Spongebob, Looney Tunes cartoons (which are my favorites) and a Nick show called Ned's Declassified. I admit to watching all of these at times, I simply have difficulty saying no when they ask. Inexplicably the girls love for the 3 of us to watch dog shows on the Animal Planet. I'm still tring to understand that one since we don't even own a dog.

After 22 years of marriage my wife has pretty much given up on getting me to watch any network sitcoms, dramas, etc but we will often watch a movie together.

Patrick Aherne
04-15-07, 16:04
Dora, Diego, Little Einsteins, Zoboomafoo, Jakers, Hannah Montana, ad infinitum....

I do watch Dancing with the Stars with the wife. Cheryl Burke and Edyta Slowinskaya? are pretty hawt!

The wife wants to watch Grey's Anatomy with me. What a ridiculous show about a bunch of dysfunctional losers!

I've got the kids watching Mail Call, Futureweapons and Dogfights. We mostly watch Animal Planet and Discovery when I can get to the controller first.

We never watch cop shows because I get disgusted.

cohiba
04-15-07, 18:09
Shows I have to watch because of my child :

Blue's Clues ( the first host had a drug habit, not that I blame him)

Wiggles (The Aussies are nearly as weird as the Brits when it comes to TV)

Sesame Street (watch this closely and see what their take on family values really is)

Teletubbies (For those who argue their is no God, this is their best proof. Whatever the writers are on, stay away from it)

Shows I must watch because of my wife or vice versa

Blissfully, none. 7 TVs give you that luxury.

Ugly admission

The last time I went shooting, I hummed "Elmo's World" during mag changes...all day.

Business_Casual
04-15-07, 23:18
I somehow find the strength to suffer through "Clean Sweep" and "Sell This House" with the wife... :cool:

http://tlc.discovery.com/fansites/cleansweep/bio/gallery/tava_100.jpg

http://www.aetv.com/sell_this_house/images/tanya_photo.jpg

As for "Dancing with the Stars" who wouldn't knock the dust off of Leeza Gibbons?

M_P

Hawkeye
04-16-07, 09:37
The 5th Amendment is in the Constitution for a reason. (Thank God)

FlyAndFight
04-16-07, 14:50
Hilarious thread!

I've got an 11 year old girl and a 5 year old boy, besides the wife, so I run the gamut on TV shows...

Childrens shows that I (still) watch with them:

- Hannah Montana
- Jimmy Neutron
- Duck Dodgers
- High School Musical (actually a Disney movie and not a show.)

- LOST

- Law & Order (all of them...)

- House

"MY" shows that I've been able to get anyone else to watch...

-none (sigh...)

h8mtv
04-16-07, 17:10
I must know the names of, and can readily recognize no less than 30 "Thomas and friends" characters. Any yes, I know which tele-tubby is Tinky Winky.

Whew, what a weight to have lifted off my shoulders.

AcenJay
04-17-07, 23:11
I watch Smallville and Desperate Housewives with my wife. Those are two of our favorite shows. I lost interest in Americal Idol, and hope that Sanjaya wins and causes its death. I don't really watch the dancing shows anymore either, but used to.

paradoc
04-19-07, 13:31
Yep:

Dora, Barney, Blues Clues, Wiggles, Backyardigans, et. al.
(2 kids ages- 20 months and 5 years old)

But refuse to watch:

The View
Ellen
American Idol
America's Next Top Model

Got wife to watch:

Mail Call
Deadliest Catch
Future Weapons
Man, Machine, Moment
Most Shocking

But I get to carry guns and other cool things at work so it all balances out in the end.

CPR
04-19-07, 14:45
Jack Bauer is unhappy with this thread. :mad:

Well, I have to admit to watching/singing along with: The Little Einsteins and Mickey Mouse Clubhouse - "Oh, Toodles!!!!" :(

ashooter
04-19-07, 16:02
Okay, I confess - - "The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh" is one of my favorite movies. Right up there with "Blackhawk Down" and "Red Dawn".

Wife shows? Nah... I go in another room and "play blocks" with the boys.

Barry in IN
04-19-07, 17:24
One of the kid shows I hate is "Lazy Town". It's just plain weird.
But...When it was on today I was thinking I need to get my wife a pink wig like Stephanie's.

trio
04-20-07, 00:14
OOOOOOOOHHH!!!!! pink wig like Stephanie's!.....hrmmm....GREAT idea...oh honey!

ummmm....:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I mean...

Lazy town? what the hell is that? never heard of it....

<dammit, I got to remember that whole thing about inside voice and outside voice....>