PDA

View Full Version : Favorite iPhone apps

two_ton_anchor
02-25-10, 18:08
All right, I just got pushed into the 21st century and bought an iPhone. What are some of y'alls favorite apps out there for shooters? Games, ballistic calculators, simulations, you get the idea. I'm looking to fill this thing up with something to justify the price tag :)
Y'all take care and keep your head down....
Anchor

boganz45
02-25-10, 18:12
Check out KAC's apps.

cougar_guy04
02-25-10, 18:20
I've got an iPod touch, not an iPhone. But my favorites are:
KAC Bulletflight
AC-130 Spectre Gunship
Manual for the United States of America (Has the Constitution, Declaration, signer bios, Supreme Court cases, etc.)

The Manual for the United States is probably my favorite app.

13F3OL7
02-25-10, 20:20
Surefire has a shot timer app. Haven't really tried it out yet. Not sure well or smart it would be to use it on an indoor range.

PatEgan
02-25-10, 23:23
'Ballistic' by Jonathan Zdziarski ($9.99, outstanding app), and Weather Channel (free) for your serious range work.

AC130 and Call of Duty 'Zombies' for sitting on the toilet.
Pat

Ak44
02-25-10, 23:39
Shazam (tells you what song your listening to)
&
RedLaser (you can scan bar codes and it'll tell you the cheapest price online)

DaBears_85
02-26-10, 01:16
First off, I can't even begin to describe how much I love my iPhone. It's impossible to list all the different things you can do with it.

Secondly, I didn't know KAC had any apps. I just checked out the military version of 'bulletflight' and it looks pretty freakin' sweet. It has great reviews and If you're an avid shooter it looks like it would be an outstanding app for any situation... plinking, hunting, zeroing e.t.c.

Lastly, My favorites include: Fandango, Sonic the Hedgehog, Earthworm Jim, The Ultimate Guitar Tool Kit, Pocket Guitar, Sportacular Pro (an absolute must have for any die-hard sports fan.) I know these aren't really what you were asking for as far as apps but I figured I'd throw them out there anyway.

benEzra
02-26-10, 09:19
My favorite shooting related app is the iSnipe ballistics program.

http://www.thehighroad.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=115621&stc=1&d=1266174621

Am messing around with the Surefire and Taurus shot timers.

Docs to Go, which lets you read and edit Microsoft Word and Excel documents.

SBsettings, which helps immensely with power management.

The Mulletizer, for doctoring photos of friends. :D

X-Plane flight simulator and Pocket Tanks for killing time.

And, of course, redsn0w, Cydia, and WinSPC, which allow you to use the phone more like the small computer it is.

KalashniKEV
02-26-10, 09:28
Pandora and NPR (both free) for your listening pleasure. I use them in my Sony dock (the shows are interesting, but Ira Glass puts me to sleep) and I run the Auxillary Audio cable in the whip for instant, free, commercial free satellite radio of all the awesomeness that is Pandora.

Logitech Touchmouse if you're running a Media Center on your TV is always impressive. Boxee Remote and a few others for that are good.

IMDB for movie theaters nearby and showtimes. AroundMe for other nearby things.

Facebook, Google w/ Voice Search, DateCheck for quick backgound checks on not just dates.

And of course USAA to cash checks w/ the camera and watch my paper stack up...

;)

sevin8nin
02-28-10, 18:38
not quite shooting related, but you do shoot a rag doll out of a cannon: I love rag doll cannon. Kind of a puzzle game, but also just really fun.

ChrisG
02-28-10, 20:33
I wish someone would develop an app that combined a shot timer with video capture so that the shot-timer display display is superimposed in the corners of the video. This would be extremely valuable in analyzing longer training drills and action shooting stages.

chadbag
02-28-10, 21:37
Games I like

Geared
DoodleJump
Real Racing
geoDefense
geoDefense Swarm
Toy Story Mania
AC-130

if you travel at all MetrO is invaluable for navigating the public transit in your target cities

GPS Drive is cool since you basically just subscribe to turn by turn navigation when you need or want it (monthly or yearly) instead of paying a big amount up front

Volucris
02-28-10, 22:51
Google Calendar
Facebook for Android
Gtalk
The Weather Channel
Radar Now
Documents to Go
GPS Status
Periodic Table
PicSay
Unit Converter
Astro File Manager
Aldiko
Barcode Scanner
Google Translate
Google Maps
Pandora
PdaNet
Ringdroid
Solitaire
Speed Test
StreamFurious
Tip Calc
U.S. Constitution
Yellowbook
Wifi Analyzer

oh wait you meant iphone...:p

chadbag
02-28-10, 23:07
oh wait you meant iphone...:p

Yes, he did say 21st Century

Volucris
02-28-10, 23:15
Oh you!

Two can play at this game:
http://i48.tinypic.com/257dkbb.jpg

tehehehehehe

IIRC the Droid is basically the same internal hardware wise as the iPhone 3GS or something like that