PDA

View Full Version : CAV ARMS MkII

leatherneck0331
02-25-10, 21:41
Does anyone have this weapon ...upper or lower?One of the guys in our unit just picked up cav arms mkII lower w/ del-ton upper for about $650. After a once over and alot of questions it seems like a steal.Just waiting for the weather to clear up enough to shoot it. If ya have one let me know what you think.TY!!!!

notorious_ar15
02-26-10, 10:30
Does anyone have this weapon ...upper or lower?One of the guys in our unit just picked up cav arms mkII lower w/ del-ton upper for about $650. After a once over and alot of questions it seems like a steal.Just waiting for the weather to clear up enough to shoot it. If ya have one let me know what you think.TY!!!!

Seems like a 'fair' price. I like the CAVARMS lowers - they're good for a range build, especially for smaller statured shooters (or if weight is an issue). Might want to pick up an extra set of pins for the lower (as they are not captive), and keep them in the buttstock just in case.

None of the Del Ton uppers I have seen in person were staked properly.

sonrider657
02-26-10, 18:01
I built my super-ultra-lightweight AR on a Cav Arms Lower and a Carbon 15 Upper with 16" lightweight barrel. The gun weighs 5 lb. 1 oz. without magazine.

It shoots great and I have not had any problems with it.

Although my go-to gun is aluminum, the Cav Arms gun is one of my favorites.

http://www.christiancarnivore.com/magpul.jpg

SuicideHz
02-26-10, 18:16
Hurry up and find one because CavArms is now out of business and shut down due to legal reasons (illegally selling firearms out of state) and they are selling all of their equipment to another company.

sonrider657
02-26-10, 19:07
Hurry up and find one because CavArms is now out of business and shut down due to legal reasons (illegally selling firearms out of state) and they are selling all of their equipment to another company.

Say it ain't so! :(

Got any links to more info?