PDA

View Full Version : Surefire Shot Timer App for iPhone

M4Fundi
02-26-10, 06:41
Just downloaded it. Did a wee bit of dry fire, but will play with it more tomorrow/today.

Does anyone know how to get the Par Time to work?

bulbvivid
02-26-10, 09:52
Just tried it on mine, and the par time worked without a problem. I went to the settings, hit Set under the Par Time, set a time, hit save, and then tried it. Seemed to work well.

What problems are you having with it? Did you restart the phone after installation?

orionz06
02-26-10, 11:19
I have it, all things work properly. I think for iTouch users they need to have a mic plugged into it.

M4Fundi
02-27-10, 02:08
Set my Par Time and it doesn't beep at the end of the set time??????:mad::confused:

decodeddiesel
02-27-10, 08:27
I had some serious issues with it crashing on my Ipod Touch. Everytime it would detect a shot the app would crash and sometimes freeze up my device. The newest version doesn't seem to do this.

Regardless, this and Bullet Flight from KAC are my 2 favorite apps (though Urban Spoon and the airport map thingy is pretty nice).

bulbvivid
02-27-10, 08:52
Set my Par Time and it doesn't beep at the end of the set time??????:mad::confused:

Did it give you the first beep? I'm getting both. You may try to uninstall/reinstall/restart phone.

I will say that, though it's nice to have a free timer, it has some shortcomings—when I first started practicing with it, it picked up well, but after I got faster, it started missing shots, even with the sensitivity at 100%. I ended up buying a dedicated shot timer to eliminate the frustrations.

M4Fundi
02-28-10, 01:13
It (hopefully) will be a nice back up on the range and my primary dryfire shot timer.

Yeah I get first beep and no second beep. I'll keep messing with it. :confused:

Lee Indy
02-28-10, 02:07
i went nuts and bought a real shot timer.

LandCruiser
04-24-10, 19:46
This app is not working very well for me. It keeps confusing multiple shots with being one shot. I have adjusted the sensitivity with no success. I've heard it works for some, but it hasn't worked very well for me. MTC

orionz06
04-24-10, 19:48
Today running the FAST, it captured me dropping the slide on the reload, and missed the second shot while giving me another one... Almost ready to remove it...

B Cart
08-07-13, 13:44
Sorry for the necropost, but I just found and downloaded the Surefire shot timer today. It was free so I thought, what the heck.

I found this thread and saw a lot of negative feedback on it from a couple years ago. Have things improved since then? How is the app now? Anyone using it today?

7.62WildBill
08-07-13, 17:06
I have tried a couple times when shooting my M&P 15-22. No problems.

Wake27
08-07-13, 19:44
I tried it about a year ago. We were shooting .45 and 9mm at steel about 10-15 yards away. It did well aside from missing one shot. Definitely worth the download.

decodeddiesel
08-07-13, 21:07
For some reason I've never been able to make it work very well. Just misses and double counts a lot. YMMV

ETA: This is on an iPhone 3GS (yeah, it's old)

skijunkie55
08-07-13, 21:31
Just downloaded it today and trying it out this weekend. Then I looked at the KAC ballistic app... $20?!

MountainRaven
08-07-13, 23:55
I use it for dryfire. And nothing else.

For dryfire, I find it very useful. But my phone is a phone, not a shot timer, and I strongly doubt any app's ability to make my phone anything but a phone with a fancy stop watch.

SPQR476
08-08-13, 00:01
Key for me was to auto calibrate with an actual shot. After I did that, it worked 100% of the time. Still mainly use it for dry practice, but it works just fine if I've killed every 9v for the pro timer in my range bag. :-)

AKDoug
08-08-13, 00:46
My only issue is that the beep is too quiet, but that's not the app's fault. Lifeproof case makes it worse. I cured the problem by plugging the phone into my electronic e-pro. It works good enough for my casual use.

B Cart
08-08-13, 11:11
Key for me was to auto calibrate with an actual shot. After I did that, it worked 100% of the time. Still mainly use it for dry practice, but it works just fine if I've killed every 9v for the pro timer in my range bag. :-)

Good point on the auto calibrate, and I will play with it on a few range sessions and see how it works. From the sounds of it, I should still get a real shot timer for serious use. Thanks for the input everyone

bulbvivid
08-08-13, 11:20
From the sounds of it, I should still get a real shot timer for serious use.

For me, the best thing about the app was that it convinced me I needed to go ahead and get a timer.