PDA

View Full Version : baby Glock & GAP floor plate

moonshot
02-26-10, 08:14
I recently posted a thread over on the Terminal Effects portion, and receive some good advise as well as a perspective I had not considered. Maybe the same will happen here.

Does anyone have an opinion, good or bad, on the GAP Enterprise finger rest extension?

Here is a link to their web page...

http://www.concealablecontrol.com/

I ask because, while I have no issue in using a stock magazine in my baby Glock, I can see an advantage in the GAP concept during a weapon retention scenario. I have used Pierce extensions as well as the Glock OEM + extension, and they have worked well and are comfortable, but increase the overall size of the baby Glock.

I have read reports of various extensions coming off after being dropped or from brushing the magazine base against a car seat. The GAP is much smaller overall, and would seem less prone to this, but I wonder if the downward pressure exerted on the finger lip during a retention maneuver might cause the floorplate to pop off.

One of the things I noticed about Glock's - leave them alone. On the few times I've seen Glock's malfunction, aftermarket parts were often in use.

Any comments?

Drew78
02-26-10, 10:24
I have used them on my 26 for years and really like them. I dont notice them so much when firing, but for me its biggest impact is on the draw. They really help me "establish" a good grip with proper finger positioning prior to clearing the holster.

YMMV, but they work for me...

9mmsteve
02-26-10, 13:20
For concealed carry all of my baby glocks have this floorplate. I have dropped the mags on concrete during shooting drills, loaded and unloaded and I have never had one pop off. They are durable; they force a secure grip and they don't add the additional length other aftermarket mag extensions do. I highly recommend them.

operator81
02-26-10, 19:29
Those are the only floorplates I use on my G26. Great control while rapid firing and handy for the draw.

one
02-26-10, 19:44
I have a set and like Drew78 said where they really shine is improving the draw. At least for me.

The only thing that I had in the back of my head while using them (And the original flat base G26 mag) was that every semi auto I've seen blow up (Two 1911's and three Glocks over the years) the one consistent thing is a large portion of it all goes directly out the bottom of the magazine. Path of least resistance I guess?

At any rate. I believe I get the best accuracy out of my subcompact 26 by curling my little finger under the base plate. Which, of course, is what got me thinking about the previous.