PDA

View Full Version : Where to get a BCG squared away in Jacksonville, NC?

benEzra
02-26-10, 11:18
Looking for an AR gunsmith/builder with a MOACKS to check and/or properly stake the gas key screws on a RRA BCG in or around Jacksonville, NC. I don't particularly want to go the "kitchen table, hammer and punch" route if I can avoid it.

M0rtarMan
02-26-10, 13:01
Looking for an AR gunsmith/builder with a MOACKS to check and/or properly stake the gas key screws on a RRA BCG in or around Jacksonville, NC. I don't particularly want to go the "kitchen table, hammer and punch" route if I can avoid it.

Are you a Marine? If so, take your BCG to your Company Armorer, he has all the tools....

Semper Fi.

benEzra
02-26-10, 13:16
No, just a civilian in the area. I shoot with some guys from Lejeune and Cherry Point, though, and with the number of AR's I see around here, I figure the odds are probably pretty good that there's a knowledgeable builder or gunsmith around here somewhere.

Robb Jensen
02-26-10, 13:21
No, just a civilian in the area. I shoot with some guys from Lejeune and Cherry Point, though, and with the number of AR's I see around here, I figure the odds are probably pretty good that there's a knowledgeable builder or gunsmith around here somewhere.

If I was down there visiting my dad I would help you out. His lives off of Gum Branch Road in Deerfield.

M0rtarMan
02-26-10, 13:53
One weekend you could head over to Fayetteville (about 95 miles) (http://www.mapquest.com/mq/8-g5I7wiNT)
You can go to Gunsplus in Spring Lake off Hwy 87 (Bragg Blvd)
Or better yet go to Shooters Supply @ 5103 Bragg Blvd and John will do your gun up right (not to mention they have a ton of killer gear)
Both places have certified gunsmiths who specialize in AR's and Modern Assault Rifles
Guns Plus is a little over-priced.

Do not take your rifle to Gander Mtn.

benEzra
02-26-10, 18:49
M0rtarMan, thanks for the info! You're right, Fayettville isn't too bad a drive from here.

Jimbo45
02-26-10, 19:10
IM sent. ;)

JSantoro
02-27-10, 03:01
Before you schlep all the way to Fayettenam, ask the guys that run Operator's Warehouse to see if there's somebody more local and isn't a fudd.

1941 LeJeune Blvd: 910-938-4529

Possibly ask Extreme Outfitters, too.

102 Western Blvd: 910-355-2118

glockshooter
02-27-10, 03:08
You know a vice, hammer, and a center punch will solve the problem and you only hammer to driver to Home Depot.

GLOCKMASTER
02-27-10, 07:24

If you will mail it to Raleigh, I will be glad to take care of it. PM me if you are interested.