PDA

View Full Version : The Crazies. A brief review.

SW-Shooter
02-26-10, 17:10
I went to the first showing today and was able to sit in relative comfort, in other words the theater wasn't full.

I thought the movie was very well done, a little over the top and predictable in a few area's, but not overly so. It kept me on the edge of my seat, and made me jump a few times. That's always a good thing.

On the 1-10 scale, I give it a solid 8-9. I really thought they should have shown the .gov side a little more, but all in all I rate it a must buy when released to DVD, and a must see at the theaters. I happen to thoroughly enjoy movies like this, so your taste may vary from mine.

ICANHITHIMMAN
02-26-10, 17:45
great to here I cant wait to see it

austinN4
02-26-10, 17:45
Radha Mitchell, yum.

Rated21R
02-26-10, 17:46
going tonight. i'm excited.

JBecker 72
02-26-10, 17:58
Yeah Im going to see it tonight as well.
If you guys havent seen it, Shutter Island was pretty good too, kept me guessing till the end.

austinN4
02-26-10, 18:08
......Shutter Island was pretty good too, kept me guessing till the end.
I read the book (very good) but since I already know what you now know I am not sure how that is going to work for me as a movie.

ForTehNguyen
02-26-10, 18:13
i watched the 1973 original on youtube, seemed interesting

Business_Casual
02-27-10, 15:02
I went today with the wife, we enjoyed it.

M_P

trukreltrog
02-27-10, 15:27
Saw it last night, good movie. I'd rate it the same,,, :)

larry0071
02-27-10, 18:15
Saw it last night with my boy, did a YouTube laymans review of the film without giving away any details of the film. I know, I suck at making videos, but at least I try!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vtw2bPrRtQ

Icedaddy56
02-27-10, 21:36
I'll wait for it on Graboid. Don't care for crowds. Usually go to Theatres on Monday afternoons.;)

GermanSynergy
02-28-10, 10:27
Is the movie about Obama voters? J/K :cool:

Plan on seeing it this evening.

Mjolnir
02-28-10, 22:33
I went to the first showing today and was able to sit in relative comfort, in other words the theater wasn't full.

I thought the movie was very well done, a little over the top and predictable in a few area's, but not overly so. It kept me on the edge of my seat, and made me jump a few times. That's always a good thing.

On the 1-10 scale, I give it a solid 8-9. I really thought they should have shown the .gov side a little more, but all in all I rate it a must buy when released to DVD, and a must see at the theaters. I happen to thoroughly enjoy movies like this, so your taste may vary from mine.
SWEET! I loved 28 Days Later and 28 Weeks Later. If it's anything remotely similar I have a new "motivational video". ;)

The Dumb Gun Collector
02-28-10, 23:28
It was very good if a bit formulaic. I would give it a solid 7. Better than "28 weeks later," worse than "28 days later." About as good as the "Dawn of the Dead" remake.

Mjolnir
02-28-10, 23:39
It was very good if a bit formulaic. I would give it a solid 7. Better than "28 weeks later," worse than "28 days later." About as good as the "Dawn of the Dead" remake.
Hmm, video then.

Spiffums
03-01-10, 10:24
I'll wait for it on Graboid. Don't care for crowds. Usually go to Theatres on Monday afternoons.;)

I prefer Ass-Blaster myself......... I like that they can fly. On this isn't a Tremors thread. Nevermind.