PDA

View Full Version : Worth selling CMMG lower for BCM/DD

marh415
02-27-10, 08:27
I was considering selling my CMMG lower for a BCM or DD from Grant, no particular reason other than personal preference. Is it worth the aggravation and extra money?

Watchman
02-27-10, 08:48
In my opinion, no. For the most part, a lower is a lower. As long as it is not some known cheap problematic lower I wouldn't be concerned with it. Someone once said, when it comes to lowers, it's all in which logo you like best. The upper does all the work. Talk about swapping out a CMMG upper for a BCM then that is a different topic.

However, as you say, personal preference. Your call on that.

Aggravation? Swapping the parts? The only snag is a wrench for the receiver extension castle nut.

SWATcop556
02-27-10, 08:52
Functionally as long as the lower is in spec then no, it may not be worth it. I personally would just for the BCM lower. Then have a BCM upper to go on it.

C4IGrant
02-27-10, 09:11
I was considering selling my CMMG lower for a BCM or DD from Grant, no particular reason other than personal preference. Is it worth it the aggrivation and extra money?

As much as I would love to have your business, I am sure that the CMMG lower is just fine.

C4

CaptainDooley
02-27-10, 09:15
About the only thing would be if you had concerns about the components you could get a new LPK... but that's about all I'd do with it.

marh415
02-27-10, 10:24
Just toying with the idea, I'll probably just pick up a stripped lower and LPK and build my own.