PDA

View Full Version : Anyone super duty finish/Cammo/ tennifer finish a rifle? Most durable?

alfred10
02-27-10, 10:21
Has anyone refinshed their rifle. I am considering the pros and cons of refinishing a survival rifle. Do they have a super heavy duty rust resistant cammo finish, or do I have to get a finiah put on and than paint? Might do this to an AK47 or Colt 6921 M4. How much does this cost? Do they have a finish like Tenifer Glock finish out there that will last very very long?

Do any of you have pics of a refinshed rifle in cammo? Might do Coyote Tan, OD Green, Tiger Stripe, Digital Woodland, or some type of woods/Urban cammo that will work in the snow, Will refinishing alter the functioning of the rifle? I might refinish a 30 and 40 round polymer mag.

Artiz
02-27-10, 11:36
You might want to take a look at the picture thread.

As far as paint goes, Duracoat is good stuff that will last a long time if you prepare the surface of your AR properly. There are plenty of threads on this subject, you might want to take a little bit of your time and try the search function.

alfred10
02-27-10, 15:54
What companies would do the coat for me? I want either Multi Cam or Tiger Stripe. Is Duracoat as good as Wilson Combat coating?

cop1211
02-27-10, 16:18
Lakoda, industries. Also google hydrographics, and you will get alot of places that can do it.

JRDavis89
02-28-10, 00:39
Look into Cerakote from NIC industries.