PDA

View Full Version : M&P .40C or Springfield EMP .40

ghost762
02-27-10, 23:21
Well I created another buying dilemma this weekend after handling a Springfield EMP .40 and a M&P .40 compact. I want to know what you guys think would be the pros and cons of getting either gun. I know price is a big factor as the EMP is $500 more the the M&P compact. I plan on having the gun I choose as a carry gun and unless the there is something wrong with the gun I plan on keeping it around for a long time.

DocGKR
02-28-10, 00:50
The M&P40c is a great, reliable, ergonomic, easily carried handgun that I would be willing to bet my life on. As much as I like SA 5" 1911's, I wouldn't ever willingly carry a .40 Springfield EMP...

sevin8nin
02-28-10, 03:38
M&P40c all the way. Take the $500 difference, buy a holster, extra mags, and some ammo and go shoot.
I loved my EMP9 that i had, but I still ended up shooting and carrying my other 1911s way more. Just figured, as long as I'm putting on a gone, it might as well be my 45.

ICANHITHIMMAN
02-28-10, 09:33
I have an M&P40c got it on a trade and it has not left my hip sence. To say I love it is an understatment!

I have 3 1911 and I love them for range shooting and such but when its time to go out on the town that little 40 is right there in a PCCH IWB holster you wont even know its there.

MarshallDodge
02-28-10, 11:14
Based on personal experience I feel the EMP is overpriced for what you are getting.

A couple things to think about:

EMP:
Slimmer
Better trigger out of the box

M&P:
Higher mag capacity

The M&P will probably have a longer frame life but since both have a lifetime warranty then it is a mute point.

Magsz
02-28-10, 12:13
The trigger issue is also moot at this point considering you can spend 30 dollars to vastly improve the trigger on the M&P with an apex drop in sear.

Palmguy
02-28-10, 12:38
Ah, an easy question!

M&P hands down.

Whatever marginal trigger advantage the EMP has is seriously mitigated if you ask me by Apex Tactical.