PDA

View Full Version : Molle Holster

DJP
02-28-10, 10:09
I have decided to go ahead and build a first line battle belt rig. I see a lot of guys have built with a drop leg holster. I do not want to do this since I normally carry at my waist. I currently use a Blackhawk CQB holster. On the Blackhawk site I see that they have a ambidextrous platform that says is campatible with Molle.

Has anyone use this? Does it work. I am looking to get Blue Force SOCC. Will it work with this belt?

Cerberus
02-28-10, 20:06
I don't quite get the "battle belt" concept. Weight on your waste isn't the most comfortable set-up for long term walking and fighting, unless you have suspenders holding the weight. After a couple of months in Iraq with a belt mounted holster I ordered the very untactical and non-modern M7 holster and wore it the rest of the time I was there, and it rode perfectly right at the chest area of my armor while on mission. No more chaffed waste or leg.

Redhat
02-28-10, 21:08
I don't quite get the "battle belt" concept. Weight on your waste isn't the most comfortable set-up for long term walking and fighting, unless you have suspenders holding the weight. After a couple of months in Iraq with a belt mounted holster I ordered the very untactical and non-modern M7 holster and wore it the rest of the time I was there, and it rode perfectly right at the chest area of my armor while on mission. No more chaffed waste or leg.

That's funny...we've recommended the M7 and alas it just wasn't "cool" enough.

Cerberus
03-01-10, 16:42
That's funny...we've recommended the M7 and alas it just wasn't "cool" enough.

LOL, reality cool trumps fantasy cool any day.:D

I took a lot of kidding over it, especially while it was still new and very light tan.

falightfighter
03-01-10, 18:13
Tactical Tailor's modular holster http://www.tacticaltailor.com/modularholster.aspx
has been good to me. I've only worn it on a drop-leg- don't know how well it would work on a belt.