PDA

View Full Version : GG&G BUIS problem

pilotguyo540
02-28-10, 14:53
Hello all,

The more I use my GG&G BUIS The more I don't like it. Operation is fantastic and it is a solid built component. My Problem is with the concave in the rear aperture. If the sun is almost anywhere behind me, the concave reflects the light and makes my sight picture fuzzy.

I shoot exclusively with irons with this rifle. Please recommend me a fix or a better suited rear sight.

Thanks

JBecker 72
02-28-10, 15:00
is the finish glossy there?

pilotguyo540
02-28-10, 15:08
is the finish glossy there?

No, it is a typical matte finish.

recon by fire
02-28-10, 18:07
Mine does the same thing. I would like to find an easy fix for it, because I like everything else about the sight except that.

Count Chocula
02-28-10, 18:10
If it's the MAD then mine does it too. I usually shot an optic, and its never sunny in western washington, so I haven't tried to mess with it.:D

11Bravo
02-28-10, 18:11
I seem to recall that the concave part is supposed to be away from the eye.
I also think mine is made wrong too.
Solution might just be a shot of ultra flat black paint.

Bimmer
02-28-10, 18:21
No, it is a typical matte finish.

Could you darken it with a smoky candle or something? I've seen guys who shoot matches with irons do this...

Bimmer

Count Chocula
02-28-10, 18:35
We had "sight black" in boot camp that the PMI's would spray on everyones front sight post, but I don't know exactly what it was. It could have just been flat paint. That may be the ticket.

pilotguyo540
03-04-10, 17:22
We had "sight black" in boot camp that the PMI's would spray on everyones front sight post, but I don't know exactly what it was. It could have just been flat paint. That may be the ticket.

Found it!!!

http://proshop.tigerswan.biz/birchwood-casey-sight-black.aspx

I love M4C:p

CHoffman
03-05-10, 03:29
I used some of those cheap tea-cup type candles my wife has laying around on my front and rear sight and it works very well. Easy to clean off and apply and makes the sights a lot more crisp and easy to pick up in bright light. Although a word of caution on using the paint (or even candle soot). If you end up applying it too many times without cleaning the old stuff off it will effectively make your front sight taller with the more coats you put on. Probably not noticeable up close but a friend who shoots iron's long range said he noticed his groups getting slightly lower at distance after several range sessions until he realized this. It wasn't noticeable at first and wasn't even that much but eventually could cause you to drop a point or two in a competition. Not really a problem with your issue of the rear sight but something to keep in mind.