PDA

View Full Version : Chile's Martha Coakely

Alpha Sierra
02-28-10, 16:39
This is how Chilean sheep deal with lawlessness and disorder.

Concepcion Mayor Jacqueline van Rysselberghe had earlier said the situation there was getting "out of control" due to shortages of basic supplies and called for the national government to help.

"We need the army. We can't have people defending their own possessions because it will be the law of the strongest," she said.

Bachelet's army directive includes a night curfew in Concepcion and several other areas.

To combat looting, Bachelet announced that essentials on the shelves of major supermarkets would be given away for free, under the supervision of authorities. Troops and police will also distribute food and water, she said.

Bachelet is Michelle Bachelet, the President of Chile.

"We can't have people defending their own possessions".

Try that shit here and see what happens.

Palmguy
02-28-10, 17:11
What an idiot. Sure is easy to say stuff like that when you have your own personal full time heavily armed security detail.

Alpha Sierra
02-28-10, 17:35
What an idiot. Sure is easy to say stuff like that when you have your own personal full time heavily armed security detail.

The author of the first quote (we can't have people defending their stuff) is by the mayor of Concepcion, so I don't think she has her own security.

Nonetheless, your point is very well taken.

Nathan_Bell
02-28-10, 17:47
The author of the first quote (we can't have people defending their stuff) is by the mayor of Concepcion, so I don't think she has her own security.

It may not be called her PSD, but dollars to donuts she has some police officers who just happen to be detailed to be on duty where she lives and works. That happens in medium US cities, you think that a larger South American city will not have the same thing happening?

Palmguy
02-28-10, 18:13

Fair enough...I locked in on the president line.

m4fun
02-28-10, 19:03
What do you expect - not so quite a "republic"

Alpha Sierra
02-28-10, 21:50
Chileans, like most South Americans, cannot understand what living without oppresive governments is like. Many of them openly wish for the days of Pinochet.

Morons.

xfyrfiter
03-01-10, 11:27
Sounds like New Orleans , Folks it can happen here and it did . A lot of those people still don't have their property [I](guns)[I] back

JonnyVain
03-01-10, 12:00
Sounds like New Orleans , Folks it can happen here and it did . A lot of those people still don't have their property [I](guns)[I] back

I thought they all got their guns back - rusted and useless, but back. I thought the issue now was just paying for damages. Didn't the NRA win the lawsuit?