PDA

View Full Version : Couple Robs Jewelry Store, Cuts Owner While Dragging 4 Year Old Down Street

Safetyhit
03-01-10, 08:10
This just made me so angry that as therapy I had to vent somehow. Sure there is a lot out there, but this...I just can't take shit like this anymore. Philly is rotten and too may people are empty.

Look at the picture of the boy in the link, how was it possible? Life plus 20 would be my call, but they'll get 3 years in the city's horrendous "justice" system.

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?section=news/crime&id=7303746

CENTER CITY - March 1, 2010 (WPVI) -- Police say they have made at least one arrest in a jewelry store robbery where a boy was left behind.

Philadelphia police have not yet released details about the arrest. They plan a news conference for 10:30 a.m. at the South Detectives division.

The robbery happened at around 3:00 p.m. Saturday at the Platinum and Ice jewelry store in Center City.

Police say a couple entered the store on South Street with the 4-year-old boy.

Suddenly, they snatched a tray of rings worth $100,000 and ran with the boy in tow.

The store owner and his employee chased, and caught up to the fleeing couple on Rodman Street.

Then the man pulled a knife.

"There, there was a verbal encounter where the male let go of the child's hand and slashed the store owner. Then they turned and ran, leaving the child behind," Captain Lawrence Nodiff of the Philadelphia Police said.

It was not clear whether the boy is the couple's child.

The store owner needed a dozen stitches in the neck.

(Copyright ©2010 WPVI-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)

Evil Colt 6920
03-01-10, 08:21
:eek: WTF A dozen stitches in the neck, ouch.

Spiffums
03-01-10, 10:19
You chase robbers............ unarmed. People that is what insurance is for if your in that kinda business.

Safetyhit
03-01-10, 10:35
They just updated the story to confirm that it was the boy's parents. And neither of them inquired about the welfare of their son while being arrested.

Littlelebowski
03-01-10, 10:39
10-1 says they are not married and the child was born out of wedlock. Probably to another father.

xfyrfiter
03-01-10, 10:59
Third or fourth generation government dependants (ie. citizens of the welfare state).

GermanSynergy
03-01-10, 11:07
10-1 says they are not married and the child was born out of wedlock. Probably to another father.

Yup. I wonder how much time these two parents of the year will be getting?

13F3OL7
03-01-10, 14:23
They just updated the story to confirm that it was the boy's parents. And neither of them inquired about the welfare of their son while being arrested.

That's pretty f@&$*% up the parents didn't think of their son, but at least there is hope for the little one. Who apparantly hasa better sense of right and wrong since he helped ID his parents.

CGSteve
03-01-10, 15:03
Just another day in the City of Brotherly Love, my home town!