PDA

View Full Version : left handed safety selector

Waylander
03-01-10, 20:35
I don't know that it matters but it's for a Colt.

Does anybody know who makes one other than Stag?

Could this be good? Never heard of the company...
http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/sid=51650/pid=26528/sku/Adjustable_Reversible_Selector

Paladin4415
03-01-10, 22:22
If it's a newer Colt, then the one in the rifle is reversible. If it's older, then the ambi by DPMS seems to work better then most. I know...I know, but I've used ambi's by LMT, Stag, RRA, some no name, and some sold by DPMS. The DPMS ones just work better. Go figure. You can also buy the Colt reversible from SAW, Brownells, and probably others.

Waylander
03-01-10, 22:34
If it's a newer Colt, then the one in the rifle is reversible. If it's older, then the ambi by DPMS seems to work better then most. I know...I know, but I've used ambi's by LMT, Stag, RRA, some no name, and some sold by DPMS. The DPMS ones just work better. Go figure. You can also buy the Colt reversible from SAW, Brownells, and probably others.

The rifle is a ban era model made around the year 2000. I would do the ambi but it is a problem too. The left side selector, just like a right hand only model, hits the top of my hand when ready. It would be the same for a righty shooter if I switch to the left hand version. I have somebody else that will shoot my rifle right handed from time to time also.

What I really need is an ambi that is situated so when ready the point is not contacting the hand.

Surf
03-01-10, 23:36
I don't know that it matters but it's for a Colt.

Does anybody know who makes one other than Stag?

Could this be good? Never heard of the company...
http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/sid=51650/pid=26528/sku/Adjustable_Reversible_SelectorJP Enterprises is a pretty big and well respected name especially in the competition / black rifle world. They are definitely GTG.

bkb0000
03-01-10, 23:46
The rifle is a ban era model made around the year 2000. I would do the ambi but it is a problem too. The left side selector, just like a right hand only model, hits the top of my hand when ready. It would be the same for a righty shooter if I switch to the left hand version. I have somebody else that will shoot my rifle right handed from time to time also.

What I really need is an ambi that is situated so when ready the point is not contacting the hand.

sanding drum on a dremel will fix that

seb5
03-02-10, 07:39
I'll second the DPMS safety as the slickest generally. I've used, over the years 2 LMT's, 3 Stags, and probably 5 DPMS. Not a huge number but I know what I felt and prefer DPMS.

EzGoingKev
03-02-10, 09:38
Look into the new one from Troy.

Waylander
03-02-10, 19:34
Look into the new one from Troy.

I probably will. That looks like the best one yet.