PDA

View Full Version : Toyota Incentives Are Here

EzGoingKev
03-01-10, 21:11
For all of you that posted in the various Toyota and automotive threads hoping that Toyota's problems would lead to discounts, here is what they are rolling out in March.

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSN0111252520100301?type=marketsNews

rob_s
03-01-10, 21:35
c'mon Taco!

M4arc
03-01-10, 21:40
Might have to trade in the wife's van for either another Tacoma or a Tundra!

ToddG
03-01-10, 21:48
I'm in for an LFA if they make it 50 years 0% financing. :cool:

Preferred User
03-01-10, 21:50
Got $500 coupon on new Toyota just for bringing Camry in for recalls and LOF.

glocktogo
03-01-10, 21:55
After buying my 4Runner with 8,200 on the odometer and about $10K off the sticker price, I'll probably never buy a brand new car again.

Now if they started offering incentives like that on late model, low mileage pre-owned Toyotas, I'd be all over that! :)

kwelz
03-01-10, 22:15
I wish I could get a new car right now. I would trade my Trade my Saturn in on a Toyota in a heartbeat.

C45P312
03-01-10, 22:27
Man, I got 02 4runner. I wonder how much they'll give me on my trade in?

Armati
03-01-10, 22:55
Funny. The only vehicles that are having problems are their commuter shitboxes.

Toyota trucks are still GTG. I am still holding out for a diesel Hilux.

kwelz
03-01-10, 22:56
Does that shotboxes include the Lexus models too? ;)

Armati
03-01-10, 23:27
In that class of car? Yes.

If you are spending 40-70k you could get the genuine article in a European offering.

And, the European cars have a long well earned reputation for safety.

Fortier1796
03-01-10, 23:30
I've been really looking at picking up a project car like an E36 M, and if the prices come down enough, or the incentives are nice enough, I could really see myself picking up a Taco... This'll be interesting to see, that's for sure.

JBecker 72
03-02-10, 00:14
Man, I got 02 4runner. I wonder how much they'll give me on my trade in?

In Nov 07 I got $8500 in trade for my 2000 4runner limited in good condition with 145,000 miles on the ODO.
Dont do it tho, I really miss that truck :(

Urabus23
03-02-10, 00:18
FT86 here I come!!

ZDL
03-02-10, 00:18

C45P312
03-02-10, 05:28
In Nov 07 I got $8500 in trade for my 2000 4runner limited in good condition with 145,000 miles on the ODO.
Dont do it tho, I really miss that truck :(

Not even for the newer 4runner? :(

JBecker 72
03-02-10, 07:12
looks to much like a sequoia IMO

four
03-02-10, 09:40
Funny. The only vehicles that are having problems are their commuter shitboxes.

Toyota trucks are still GTG. I am still holding out for a diesel Hilux.

A diesel Hilux would be tits.

we have a better chance of everyone in this thread hitting the lottery on the same day than getting one though. Subaru won't even bring thier Diesel boxer over from europe and that's a working car that meets Euro pollution standards.

madisonsfinest
03-02-10, 10:03
I guess I bought too early. I bought my taco in December! At that time they had discounts on everything, but the tacoma!
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d14/MaDiSoNsFiNeSt/Autobot%20Truck/IMG_2710-1.jpg

ColdDeadHands
03-02-10, 12:17
cash incentives will range from 300 - 6000 dollars
Big deal. When we bought our Dodge 3500 4x4 in '07 we got a $14000 rebate & when we bought the 2nd Dodge, a Ram 1500 Hemi Crew Cab in Dec '09 with Lifetime power-train warranty we got $12000 off msrp.
The Lifetime Power-Train warranty is why we went for the Ram 1500...my wife drives 110 miles daily and we where sick off buying cars that didn't last.

rob_s
03-02-10, 12:19
Big deal. When we bought our Dodge 3500 4x4 in '07 we got a $14000 rebate & when we bought the 2nd Dodge, a Ram 1500 Hemi Crew Cab in Dec '09 with Lifetime power-train warranty we got $12000 off msrp.
The Lifetime Power-Train warranty is why we went for the Ram 1500...my wife drives 110 miles daily and we where sick off buying cars that didn't last.

I was very tempted by a Ram, but nobody 'round here would deal in the interweb, and I'm not going down there to be lied to and screwed in the butt. Send me your best price, and I'll come in if I like it.

Not to mention part of my reason for wanting a new vehicle is to get into something a little smaller than what I have now, not bigger, and no way in hell am I buying a Dakota.

ColdDeadHands
03-02-10, 12:23
Our dealership has deals like that usually mid year and at the end of the year. Mostly on trucks but on smaller vehicles there are deals to be had to. Everything is bigger in Texas:p

Skter505
03-02-10, 14:28
In that class of car? Yes.

If you are spending 40-70k you could get the genuine article in a European offering.

And, the European cars have a long well earned reputation for safety.

I would take the Lexus any day, known too many guys with Mercedes and BMW's that fall apart after a couple years. You should check reviews as far as reliability is concerned, european cars are some of the worst.

As far as discounts go, tacos hardly ever get the best deals, tundras however are routinely offered for 0% for 60 months. Around here anyway, sales are different for every region.

EzGoingKev
03-02-10, 17:07
I was very tempted by a Ram, but nobody 'round here would deal in the interweb, and I'm not going down there to be lied to and screwed in the butt. Send me your best price, and I'll come in if I like it.
Dodge Rams have some of THE worst fuel mileages around.

I would take the Lexus any day, known too many guys with Mercedes and BMW's that fall apart after a couple years. You should check reviews as far as reliability is concerned, european cars are some of the worst.

Mercedes - beautiful looking cars but real POS. VERY expensive to fix. Even if you only kept it while under warranty you would still need to get a second car to drive while the Mercedes was always in the shop.

BMW - certain models have specific problems, but they have come a long way. Expensive to fix but give the best parts & labor warranty of 2yrs unlimited mileage warranty.

Audi - good vehicles, although certain models are a lot of problems. Expensive to fix, VERY hard to work on.

VW - good cars, their diesels get very good fuel mileage and are very quiet & clean burning. More expensive to fix than a Toyota, not as hard to work on as an Audi, but can still be a PIA.

Porsche - sweet cars. Boxsters seem to be hit or miss, either no problems or a lot or problems. Other than that good cars. VERY expensive to fix and very hard to work on. Higher end models do not hold resale value very well. Good bargains on used higher end model in great condition as a lot of them were owned by doctors/dentists/lawyers that never took them over 40 MPH.

Bang for the buck you cannot beat the product you get from the Japanese for the money you pay. IMO Toyota makes the best vehicles on the road. THE cars to stay away from are Land Rovers and Jaguars.

ForTehNguyen
03-02-10, 19:11
gonna be a lot of sales, people will still buy them regardless of the govt witch hunt

DragonDoc
03-02-10, 19:35
c'mon Taco!

Amen Rob!! I'll take mine in black with 4 doors and a standard tranny.

ForTehNguyen
03-02-10, 21:03
gonna be funny if Toyota sales dont fall as much as youd thing with this witch hunt. That means people didnt buy the BS

Cold Zero
03-02-10, 21:37
No incentive on Forerunner ?:confused:

rob_s
04-06-10, 13:16
Wonder if this will help or hurt the incentives?

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/business/fl-toyota-fine-20100406,0,5266971.story

ForTehNguyen
04-06-10, 14:03
yea this fine comes out AFTER the media reports Toyota sales are up 40% :rolleyes:

glocktogo
04-06-10, 22:13
I've had an 01 Tundra and currently have an 02 4Runner. I'd buy another Toyota in a heartbeat.

DragonDoc
09-27-10, 01:29
c'mon Taco!

Tacoma incentives are here Rob. The 2011 are at the dealers and Toyota wants to move product. The dealer is giving me $2000 in incentives (to incl. $500 of for military) plus the 2.9% APR. I got the APR because I went to the dealership with a pre-approved loan from my credit union in hand. I guess Toyota really wants our business. With a little luck I will have a new 2010 Taco Prerunner Access cab (4x4) with a manual tranny. There was only one that met my requirements (Black w. manual transmission) in AK, TX, LA, MS, and OK. So if you want a Taco now is the time to buy. If you are in TX, pm me and I'll give you my dealer contact info.

rob_s
09-27-10, 04:25
I already bought mine a few months ago.

HES
09-27-10, 09:27
If only they made something to compete with the Yukon XL I would jump ship in a moment :(

M4arc
09-27-10, 09:45
Hum...I was recently eyeballing a new Tundra 4x4 with the 5.7L engine and the four-full doors...

Maybe I need to swing by the dealership again?

thopkins22
09-27-10, 11:31
THE cars to stay away from are Land Rovers and Jaguars.

Till the end of time I will push anyone I care about as far away from Land Rover as I possibly can. I had a Freelander towed literally 11 times within the first 50k. Thankfully it was all under warranty and didn't cost me a dime.

I loved the way it handled, performed in pseudo off-road situations, had a great interior and quality leather, but it was the most unreliable POS I've ever heard of.

500grains
09-27-10, 12:38
A good friend of mine bought a new Range Rover several years ago. It is completely electronic, including 4wd, diff locks, suspension height, windows, locks, seats, mirrors, etc. I expressed a concern about the reliability of British electronics, not to mention British mechanical systems. My friend said that the systems had been thoroughly tested and should not be a problem. During the time that he had the Range Rover, after warranty he spent enough on repairs to purchase a Toyota Tacoma to drive around in. Some time before that, a next door neighbor had a Land Rover Discovery. There was always a fresh puddle of oil in his driveway, ranging from about 3 inches in diameter to over a foot in diameter, depending on which seal had given out that week. And then there was the time that I looked at used Land Rovers because I needed to buy a spare care for my parents to use while they were in town for a month. How about a 4 year old Land Rover Discovery with 50K miles and a worn out rear diff that howled so loud it was hard to hear the radio? Or how about a 6 year old Range Rover that blew so much oil out of the left side of the engine that it got spatters on the double yellow line on the road? No thanks.

500grains
09-27-10, 12:43
Hum...I was recently eyeballing a new Tundra 4x4 with the 5.7L engine and the four-full doors...

I have the Tundra 4x4 5.7 with the smaller rear doors. When I shopped, I found that the full size rear doors were going to cost me an extra $4000, in part because they charge more for the truck, and in part because the trucks with the big rear doors tend to have more luxury options on them (which I don't want). So I bought a new 08 Tundra 4x4 5.7 with the smaller 4 doors in white and a second in tan for my dad. They have been perfect except for one thing - brakes. I live high in a canyon and to get to town I descend 2500 feet. In 12,000 miles I wore out the brakes and rotors, and at 20,000 miles they were worn out again. On Tacomas and 4 Runners driving the same route this did not happen. Now I use the trans gears to control speed going down hill and it has been another 30K mi w/o a brake problem. Frankly, Toyota under-designed the brakes on these trucks. They put 18" wheels on to accomodate big disc brakes, but the brakes do not dissipate heat very well. Then again, I know of people who have blown out Ford F350 brakes within 15,000 miles, so perhaps the Tundra is no worse than any other truck.

DragonDoc
09-29-10, 22:51
If only they made something to compete with the Yukon XL I would jump ship in a moment :(

Take a look at the Land Cruiser. You may be impressed.

EzGoingKev
09-29-10, 23:08
During the time that he had the Range Rover, after warranty he spent enough on repairs to purchase a Toyota Tacoma to drive around in.

I used to do warranty claims and then damage repairs on them so I know what the repairs cost. Stupid stuff too.

All the seals in the drive train leak. You can rebuild the transfer case and a couple of months later all the seals leak.

Constant head gasket failures, one engine leaks oil of it and the other leaks coolant. Every single time.

Heater control box actuator arms snap off and cost between $3-4k to replace. All because of some stupid plastic arm.

ABS system failures that cost anywhere from $1200 to $7000 to fix.

If you have a u-joint go bad and bring it to a dealer they replace the entire drive shaft for around a grand. JC, just go to NAPA and buy an $11 u-joint.

I did a claim with a woman who's brother was a big shot at the corporate level with Land Rover North America. She and all her friends had them. She hated it, said that it broke down non stop. She said she was going to get rid of it and by a Lexus because they never broke. When she told her brother this he told her she was smart.

For the money you spend you cannot beat what you get with a Japanese vehicle.